Calvin Ramsay

Just now, Medw1311 said:

As someone that talks openly about your mental health issues I expected better than that from you.

Said as someone who suffers the same issues!

What do you mean?

I mean, as in, accept you were wrong

I took some amount of keech on this subject

And fhe reason I'm bringing it up is having just read an article about him, I'm annoyed as I genuinely thought he was going to go on to be a superstar

The crying shame for Calvin Ramsay is that if he could stay fit and be getting game time he should be developing into Scotland’s 2nd choice for RB (behind Hickey) by now.

We are now seeing what many of us suspected would be the case with Patterson-

He’s is a headless chicken except in those sporadic moments when he drives forward in attack and looks dangerous. 

But he’s now being badly exposed defensively (when he actually gets a game.)

Patterson won’t amount to much if he can’t learn how to defend properly but I’m not sure he has the game intelligence.

Reminds me of Alan Hutton.

36 minutes ago, Helmet said:

The crying shame for Calvin Ramsay is that if he could stay fit and be getting game time he should be developing into Scotland’s 2nd choice for RB (behind Hickey) by now.

We are now seeing what many of us suspected would be the case with Patterson-

He’s is a headless chicken except in those sporadic moments when he drives forward in attack and looks dangerous. 

But he’s now being badly exposed defensively (when he actually gets a game.)

Patterson won’t amount to much if he can’t learn how to defend properly but I’m not sure he has the game intelligence.

Reminds me of Alan Hutton.

Have to admit I can never believe the money we got for Ramsay. I never thought he looked better than Mcnaughton at any stage and don’t think he looks anywhere near as good as that hun prick Hutton unfortunately. 

certainly a talent but a few like that. Wow. Just what the fuck did we do with that money?

Imagine coming on to gloat about a young players injury and how it "proves a point".

Unbelievable posting. Just delete your account now, Barron is leaving anyway even although your "friend of the family" pish is as pathetic as you are, what an attention seeking child of a post.

• Upvote 3
2 hours ago, thurso said:

How many minutes has Patterson had in the same time and you were gushing over him !!!! 

Hardly comparing like for like as Patterson is getting some game time 2 leagues higher up than where Ramsay currently is. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Hardly comparing like for like as Patterson is getting some game time 2 leagues higher up than where Ramsay currently is. 

He’s had more game time for Scotland than Everton since January and Everton are hardy a team setting the league on fire. 
Bolton was the wrong choice of club for Ramsay to go to half way through a season 

3 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Imagine coming on to gloat about a young players injury and how it "proves a point".

Unbelievable posting. Just delete your account now, Barron is leaving anyway even although your "friend of the family" pish is as pathetic as you are, what an attention seeking child of a post.

Some fans are just nuts - any young player who leaves they hope for the worst for them, they take it as some huge slight and they should have just sat in a squad bouncing about from 3rd to 10th, never win a trophy and earn a fifth of what they can but they were "loyal" - Meanwhile the same muppets probably change jobs every 6 months. 

• Upvote 1
20 minutes ago, thurso said:

He’s had more game time for Scotland than Everton since January and Everton are hardy a team setting the league on fire. 
Bolton was the wrong choice of club for Ramsay to go to half way through a season 

Possibly, but he was getting no game time at a bog standard Championship club (Preston) who's manager was utterly scathing about him. It would have been pointless of him staying at Liverpool playing U23 team football at best (might even have been U21). Bolton in EFL1 look like they have a decent shot at getting promotion so it seemed on the face of it like a reasonable place to get some first team action. As I've said before, a £4m player SHOULD be able to hold down a starting spot at that level comfortably. The fact that Ramsay isn't even making it onto their bench now, never mind not making their starting line up to me says a lot.

It's a real shame as he was certainly talented but it seems that injuries have taken a toll on him even though he doesn't turn 21 until the summer. It's not too late yet for him to turn things around (although I'm certain that his career at Liverpool is already essentially over) but again, as I've said before, if he cannot cope with playing in EFL1, Aberdeen should certainly not be making any moves to bring him in on loan at this juncture. 

5 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Possibly, but he was getting no game time at a bog standard Championship club (Preston) who's manager was utterly scathing about him. It would have been pointless of him staying at Liverpool playing U23 team football at best (might even have been U21). Bolton in EFL1 look like they have a decent shot at getting promotion so it seemed on the face of it like a reasonable place to get some first team action. As I've said before, a £4m player SHOULD be able to hold down a starting spot at that level comfortably. The fact that Ramsay isn't even making it onto their bench now, never mind not making their starting line up to me says a lot.

It's a real shame as he was certainly talented but it seems that injuries have taken a toll on him even though he doesn't turn 21 until the summer. It's not too late yet for him to turn things around (although I'm certain that his career at Liverpool is already essentially over) but again, as I've said before, if he cannot cope with playing in EFL1, Aberdeen should certainly not be making any moves to bring him in on loan at this juncture. 

Where's the article where the Preston manager was utterly scathing of him?

8 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I could see him coming back to Scotland next season on loan - Likes of Docherty might take him to Dundee (Especially after how Beck has shone for them so Liverpool will see that relationship as a possibility) - Try and get his confidence back, his fitness etc under a manager who knows him well.

6 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Have to admit I can never believe the money we got for Ramsay. I never thought he looked better than Mcnaughton at any stage and don’t think he looks anywhere near as good as that hun prick Hutton unfortunately. 

certainly a talent but a few like that. Wow. Just what the fuck did we do with that money?

Given the huns got more than double for that useless cunt Patterson it's not that unbelievable....

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

A real shame the way things have worked out for the lad. Can only hope he makes a full recovery and gets his career back on track.

Feel the same way, MT has been brilliant, a real slide on posting quality, hope he gets his shit together.😂

• Haha 3
55 minutes ago, DoonTheLine said:

I could see him coming back to Scotland next season on loan - Likes of Docherty might take him to Dundee (Especially after how Beck has shone for them so Liverpool will see that relationship as a possibility) - Try and get his confidence back, his fitness etc under a manager who knows him well.

I'd take him back in a flash IF he's fit, I appreciate you can pick up injuries at any time but I think he could easily be a more attacking right sided player. He has pace, and can cross a ball. Sitting in front of Devlin bombing the wings. 

BHH

• Upvote 1