Calvin Ramsay

1 hour ago, thurso said:

He’s had more game time for Scotland than Everton since January and Everton are hardy a team setting the league on fire. 
Bolton was the wrong choice of club for Ramsay to go to half way through a season 

Were preston the wrong club too?

The preston manager by the way absolutely destroyed ramsays character too

36 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'd take him back in a flash IF he's fit, I appreciate you can pick up injuries at any time but I think he could easily be a more attacking right sided player. He has pace, and can cross a ball. Sitting in front of Devlin bombing the wings. 

BHH

Yep if Liverpool want to pick up his wages but let him get out on loan back to where he had his best spell then I'm all for it. 

34 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Were preston the wrong club too?

The preston manager by the way absolutely destroyed ramsays character too

Did he?  Any proof of that or just parroting what you've read on here?

14 minutes ago, NEM said:

Did he?  Any proof of that or just parroting what you've read on here?

Probably no proof - these are quotes from the Preston manager Jan 4th (he was recalled by Liverpool 9 days later) - Doesn't sound like he's panning him, just seems like Ramsay has been unlucky and then the manager was happy with who was playing in his place! Ramsay was obviously disappointed but doesnt sound like the Manager was destroying his character.

"Well, there is a possibility with everything," said the PNE boss. "Again, you look at him not playing enough games; he wanted to come here and play and force his way in - which is why we signed him, to compete with Pottsy. The injury set him back, then he played and then Covid set him back. He's now finding himself out of the squad, but there is a possibility with everything. We will do what is best for us and the player as well."

Lowe added: "Calvin has got the opportunity every day, like most players, to get back into the squad. I had a brief chat with him the other day about it and he's obviously disappointed he is not in and around the squad - because he feels he can help and get into the team. The problem he has got is that we've got someone like Brad Potts, who has been one of our most outstanding performers since I came through the door.

"We have also got cover in there who can fill that void, whether it is Alan Browne or Ali McCann - if it's right wing-back. And if it's right back, the defenders can go across there so I've got to pick a team and squad I feel can help us in games. And if we need to make changes in game, from the bench. He's just a little bit unfortunate. I think the Covid thing really has set him back, because the squad we've had from then has been the squad more or less. But yeah, he's definitely available for selection if needed."

The lad's had a terrible time with illness and injury since leaving us but he's still young and hopefully can find somewhere to fulfill his potential but seems others have overtaken him at Liverpool 

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, RDS said:

The lad's had a terrible time with illness and injury since leaving us but he's still young and hopefully can find somewhere to fulfill his potential but seems others have overtaken him at Liverpool 

He’s so far away from involvement at Liverpool it’s barely even worth discussing that right now.

Problem is with going out on loan he really needs a manager who will work to build him back up and develop him and also a club with good fitness trainers who can build up his strength and reduce the injuries.

But will he get that when clubs loan him in from Liverpool expecting him to be a much more finished article?

He might have been better in Liverpool reserves this season where they’ve got his best interests at heart and can focus on the physical development that seems to be needed?

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

What's he got to do with it?

Well he was your go to guy when arguing about him before and how much better Patterson was. so using him again as comparison. 

You say Ramsay’s body is weak. Does Patterson get injured after a few minutes of football 

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Possibly, but he was getting no game time at a bog standard Championship club (Preston) who's manager was utterly scathing about him. It would have been pointless of him staying at Liverpool playing U23 team football at best (might even have been U21). Bolton in EFL1 look like they have a decent shot at getting promotion so it seemed on the face of it like a reasonable place to get some first team action. As I've said before, a £4m player SHOULD be able to hold down a starting spot at that level comfortably. The fact that Ramsay isn't even making it onto their bench now, never mind not making their starting line up to me says a lot.

It's a real shame as he was certainly talented but it seems that injuries have taken a toll on him even though he doesn't turn 21 until the summer. It's not too late yet for him to turn things around (although I'm certain that his career at Liverpool is already essentially over) but again, as I've said before, if he cannot cope with playing in EFL1, Aberdeen should certainly not be making any moves to bring him in on loan at this juncture. 

Preston already has a recognised right back when he went there and couldn’t get into the team for various reasons. When he left and went to Bolton is it not a case of they have kept using same player who was used before Christmas.

Hes probably picking up lots of injuries as he’s only young and his body is still developing. Different people develop body structure at different rates once he stops physically growing he will hopefully get injured less and will be first choice 

15 minutes ago, thurso said:

Well he was your go to guy when arguing about him before and how much better Patterson was. so using him again as comparison. 

You say Ramsay’s body is weak. Does Patterson get injured after a few minutes of football 

I fail to see how or why Patterson is relevant in your argument for Ramsay

I fail to see how or why Patterson is relevant in your argument for Ramsay

I fail to see how it’s relevant that you come on here to slag of one of our former good young players for no reason, so I thought I’d bring up your chosen one who you based all your counter arguments on when he is doing just as bad if not worse 

• Upvote 1
32 minutes ago, thurso said:

I fail to see how it’s relevant that you come on here to slag of one of our former good young players for no reason, so I thought I’d bring up your chosen one who you based all your counter arguments on when he is doing just as bad if not worse 

This is my fault to be honest

I shouldn't have tried discussing it with you

It's not your fault, don't worry 

• Haha 3

It's sad how his career has gone since leaving us, but how many times have we seen this scenario; promising youngster makes a big move too soon, long before they're the finished article, then struggles to make it in the game... The next part, whether he salvages his career or fades into obscurity, remains to be seen. He's still a young lad, so hopefully he'll turn it around.

4 hours ago, thurso said:

Shame on you for trying to remind MT of some attention seeking shite he previously posted!

This is my fault to be honest

I shouldn't have tried discussing it with you

It's not your fault, don't worry 

You didn’t try discussing it with me 

you can’t discuss anything as you always lose your arguments with everyone. 

That’s not your fault, I blame you parents and teachers for making you not very good at debating 

I think this is the quote that MT and I are referring to. On first reading it seems innocent enough but read into it fully, the bit about "I have got to look for players who I feel can help"....and what followed around a week or so later when Liverpool recalled him halfway through his season's loan. A recall that plenty of Preston supporters were predicting on their supporter sites as they said that it was clear Lowe wasn't going to be playing him any time soon.

Lowe said: ‘He (Ramsay) is available. He's just out of the squad at the moment, because he had Covid. He's fit and training every day, but I have got to look for players who I feel can help - coming off the bench.
4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I think this is the quote that MT and I are referring to. On first reading it seems innocent enough but read into it fully, the bit about "I have got to look for players who I feel can help"....and what followed around a week or so later when Liverpool recalled him halfway through his season's loan. A recall that plenty of Preston supporters were predicting on their supporter sites as they said that it was clear Lowe wasn't going to be playing him any time soon.

Lowe said: ‘He (Ramsay) is available. He's just out of the squad at the moment, because he had Covid. He's fit and training every day, but I have got to look for players who I feel can help - coming off the bench.

None of that quote insinuates he has a problem or destroys his character as that fool said 

• Upvote 1
20 hours ago, NEM said:

Given the huns got more than double for that useless cunt Patterson it's not that unbelievable....

They’ve more bucks in the bank, he was playing for Scotland and has certainly made more EPL appearances than Ramsay so not that surprising. 

19 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

I'd take him back in a flash IF he's fit, I appreciate you can pick up injuries at any time but I think he could easily be a more attacking right sided player. He has pace, and can cross a ball. Sitting in front of Devlin bombing the wings. 

BHH

Wonder if it would be possible to get him on loan next season? Surely it would be. 

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

If that destroys a players character we are in a far more fragile era than i imagined.

44 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

They’ve more bucks in the bank, he was playing for Scotland and has certainly made more EPL appearances than Ramsay so not that surprising. 

Wonder if it would be possible to get him on loan next season? Surely it would be. 

I don't understand people saying he'll end up at Dundee or similar but wouldn't want him back with us? Seems like an utterly bizarre point of view. He was an extremely talented footballer who has been hampered by injuries. 

Bringing him back to an environment where he is comfortable and has previously excelled could be an option he would be very open to. 

A fit Ramsay would be a huge asset. Unless you only want to gloat on his injury stalling his career.

• Upvote 5
47 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Maybe so but I think they'd be looking for a loan fee off of us.......bearing in mind they've given us £4m for him and essentially had zero return on it......that they might not ask off of the likes of St J or 'Well.

But again I ask the question. Why would we want a player that cannot even get himself a place on Bolton's bench?

• Haha 1
56 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Maybe so but I think they'd be looking for a loan fee off of us.......bearing in mind they've given us £4m for him and essentially had zero return on it......that they might not ask off of the likes of St J or 'Well.

But again I ask the question. Why would we want a player that cannot even get himself a place on Bolton's bench?

The answer to your question is because Bolton have a right back and we dont.

I realise its not the best example in this case as we do have a right back of sorts as opposed to several other positions where we simply dont (or wont come summer).

Ive already said this in a discussion about (prior to this season) Danny Ward.  Why would we take in a player who cant get a game for (insert perceived shite guffy team) etc etc.  Because Kelle Roos.  That's why.  

36 minutes ago, slippers said:

If it’s non injury related I can really understand why he’s not recalled and plays u21s till end of season. Needs to be playing. Shame as he was going straight to top of game. 

Liverpool only have 2 games left in PL2 as they now call the U21s on 22nd and 28th April then think they do play offs. Given they moved away from U23 last season to now fully U21 Ramsay will likely be put out on loan again next season as will be too old for the reserves/U21

Ok. Was just so he could get minutes  before end of season. But hadn’t realised they had so few games left. It’s pretty strange though. Both his Preston and Bolton debuts the fans were very complementary about him. Then basically never seen again. Ironically kept out the team by the player that we looked to replace Ramsay in our team.