Christian Ramirez

Got to admit i find Mrs Ramirez social media post a bit perplexing. Don't think it justifies her and/or her husband getting any grief, but let's have some perspective, they moved to Aberdeen not Yemen.

The US has extreme poverty, the likes of which you won't find here. It also has extreme wealth, but though nicely off, they don't fall into that category. Money's money, if you're affluent in the US, you're affluent here and can enjoy a lifestyle every bit as good here as there.

Had she said she struggled with the cultural shift, being away from family etc., i'd have fully understood and been sympathetic. But "... wild to experience some of the differences. Americans are spoiled AF" is just plain ignorant.

Happy Wife, happy life. So regardless of anything happening on the football side i expect Ramirez to move on come the summer.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, NEM said:

Was a fan of Ramirez but he’s clearly not tried a leg since Glass got sacked. Now view him as nothing more than a sulky wage thief 

It’s not even the ability stuff now. Just can’t be arsed with this shite every couple weeks. This group of players are toxic. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Family and friends, I'd expect. 

it's funny seeing so many folk all offended though. 

Why would Americans be “lucky af” to have family and friends? 

Nobody more offended than Ramirez it seems, calling folk out on twitter apparently 

17 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Can’t wait for both to fuck off. This is the most I’ve hated an Aberdeen team in a long time.

Was a fan of Ramirez but he’s clearly not tried a leg since Glass got sacked. Now view him as nothing more than a sulky wage thief 

5 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't understand why folk respond directly to strangers' social media posts. It's a bit strange.  Especially so when it extends to their family. 

I pay to watch them (attempt to) play football.  I've got zero interest in any of them on a personal level outside that. 

Some guys like a bit of drama as much as the the lassies do. 

33 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

It’s not even the ability stuff now. Just can’t be arsed with this shite every couple weeks. This group of players are toxic. 

Nah it’s the fans fault! ?

26 minutes ago, Parklife said:

She also didn't say "lucky AF". So you're offended about something that never happened. 

Spoiled AF. Same difference. Only thing I’m offended by btw is his lack of effort since February. 

6 hours ago, CCB III said:

I agree with you, min. 

I don't think she meant anything by it is all. She'll probs tell her friends of the time she lived in a grey little village for a year and how it was like magic or some shit. 

Where as earlier this year we had Lewis Ferguson's bird, a Scottish woman, slagging the city off. That was intentional. 

These guys should be asking their partners to make their pages private and only follow friends/family. Just saves for any additional nonsense that can impact their profession, especially when the team is struggling. 

Don’t understand why Mrs Ramirez is receiving more abuse on social media than Miss Ferguson! Ramirez wife clearly didn’t mean any harm and is just an airhead yank, who’s led a sheltered life…

Miss Fergie, on the other hand, was basically ranting about how she hates having to travel up to ‘that shithole’.

Only one of the two is having a go…

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, NEM said:

We train for 2-3 hours a day ffs. Aye she’s really got it hard, my heart bleeds. Stick her in a Logie bedsit for a month on benefits see how she copes in the real world for a spell ?

Would be a great reality TV show… ‘The Ramirez family do Logie’… temporarily displaced as part of a social experiment, a camera crew follows the daily trials and tribulations of the Ramirez family as they aim to assimilate themselves in Logie.

Could be a new topic idea - scenes from 'The Ramirez family do Logie': 'Mrs Ramirez is in floods of tears again, as Cristian returns home with a pair of black eyes and no shoes, after being mugged for his limited edition Nike Airs.' 

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Don’t understand why Mrs Ramirez is receiving more abuse on social media than Miss Ferguson! Ramirez wife clearly didn’t mean any harm and is just an airhead yank, who’s led a sheltered life…

Miss Fergie, on the other hand, was basically ranting about how she hates having to travel up to ‘that shithole’.

Yep. 

What you gonna do? 

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

Ferguson got booed at the next home game he played after that post.

9 hours ago, CCB III said:

I agree with you, min. 

I don't think she meant anything by it is all. She'll probs tell her friends of the time she lived in a grey little village for a year and how it was like magic or some shit. 

Where as earlier this year we had Lewis Ferguson's bird, a Scottish woman, slagging the city off. That was intentional. 

These guys should be asking their partners to make their pages private and only follow friends/family. Just saves for any additional nonsense that can impact their profession, especially when the team is struggling. 

You're doing that inverted racism thing again

Show me what fergusons partner said

9 hours ago, Parklife said:

Seems you're much more offended than he is. He's made 2 Twitter posts, neither of them saying much at all. Meanwhile you've got about 10 posts on this thread moaning about what a woman you don't know said on Instagram ?

What, so you need to know someone otherwise you can't have an opinion on them?

You ambivalent about Vlad Putin then?

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You're doing that inverted racism thing again

Show me what fergusons partner said

My point was nothing to do with race. My point was that LFs missus is from fucking Hamilton, and Scotland. So, it's not such a cultural departure for her and she's got a brass neck calling Aberdeen shit. CRs wife has literally moved country and didn't even outright say it was shit, just that she struggled with the differences. 

She posted something on her insta of their dog saying Aberdeen was shite after we lost in the cup to Motherwell.

9 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't understand why folk respond directly to strangers' social media posts. It's a bit strange.  Especially so when it extends to their family. 

I pay to watch them (attempt to) play football.  I've got zero interest in any of them on a personal level outside that. 

Exactly, grown men following players about on twitter or Instagram are fucking weirdos, there is no other way to describe them. 

8 minutes ago, CCB III said:

My point was nothing to do with race. My point was that LFs missus is from fucking Hamilton, and Scotland. So, it's not such a cultural departure for her and she's got a brass neck calling Aberdeen shit. CRs wife has literally moved country and didn't even outright say it was shit, just that she struggled with the differences. 

She posted something on her insta of their dog saying Aberdeen was shite after we lost in the cup to Motherwell.

I didn't see what fergusons partner said, but would like to

CRs wife said "Americans are spoiled AF"

Again, tell me what you think she meant by that to make you NOT be offended by it

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I didn't see what fergusons partner said, but would like to

CRs wife said "Americans are spoiled AF"

Again, tell me what you think she meant by that to make you NOT be offended by it

I think she's ignorant and assumes her version of America is true of every other Americans. 

Not surprising, many Americans couldn't point to their own state on a map.

If anything it's a poorly worded post. She's not outright calling the place shit, and she hasn't specifically referred to anything. In all likelihood she's talking about the weather, which will be a big factor in someone's happiness, especially if you're used to sunny skies and taking a dip in the pool etc. 

Where as Fergusons bird straight up called the city that pays for her expensive dog 'shitty.' 

Also, why do you give a fuck? You're always slagging off Aberdonians etc. 

7 minutes ago, CCB III said:

I think she's ignorant and assumes her version of America is true of every other Americans. 

Not surprising, many Americans couldn't point to their own state on a map.

If anything it's a poorly worded post. She's not outright calling the place shit, and she hasn't specifically referred to anything. In all likelihood she's talking about the weather, which will be a big factor in someone's happiness, especially if you're used to sunny skies and taking a dip in the pool etc. 

Where as Fergusons bird straight up called the city that pays for her expensive dog 'shitty.' 

Also, why do you give a fuck? You're always slagging off Aberdonians etc. 

Haha the chances she meant the weather, are remote

And I think you know that

I dont have a problem with aberdonians at all, generally

Just the majority in here

She misses the culture and lifestyle she's been used to. Hardly a big surprise.  Lots of folk get homesick. 

Came over here during covid restrictions as well. Aberdeen has been like a ghost town for large parts of the last year. The city centre is like a fucking bombsite as well. 

Imagine growing up in California then moving here in the autumn with your two young kids just in time for a Scottish winter in the middle of covid restrictions. Pretty grim. 

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What, so you need to know someone otherwise you can't have an opinion on them?

You ambivalent about Vlad Putin then?

A couple of ways in which you're being monumentally stupid here. I'll help by pointing them out: 

1. I never said you need to know someone to have an opinion on them. That was all made-up in your wee brain. 

2. Invoking Vladimir Putin as some form of bizarre equivalence to a footballers wife. Deary me.  

46 minutes ago, Millertime said:

"Spoiled AF"

what could she potentially mean by that that isn't offensive to us?

You offended by that? Awww poor wee MT is offended because a woman said Americans are spoiled. 

Wee scone. 

14 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye for sure - cringe behaviour

@Parklife

You're the one getting all upset about what she's said. 

• Like 2
33 minutes ago, CCB III said:

CRs wife has literally moved country and didn't even outright say it was shit, just that she struggled with the differences. 

Exactly. It's hilarious that some of the same people who go about calling folk "snowflakes" and acting the tough guy are so hurt by this.