Christian Ramirez

Just back in from the game/pub so will spraff a bit of shite about this guy. Ramirez is a poacher who needs the entire team to play around his end product to succeed. Our team isn't good enough to do that, but today we gave him a heap of chances. Today he was played behind the front and was unmasked as an unfit physically and mentally slow waste of space, and he was taken off to sulk on the bench rather than on the pitch.

Just now, perthshirered said:

Twice you've  come up with that in recent weeks as a form of defence. How about not hitting the covering defender?

Because it's fairly logical, pretty easy to say he should go to the opposite side, especially if you ignore what else is happening at that exact moment.

Hes a very decent striker, who needs service and balls played to his feet, dropped back a lot to help the team today, he shouldn't be doing that, should be in the box or just outside the box to try and finish off attacks with a goal.

Frustration is showing with the results and play of the team around him.

Passionate guy, if he was more selfish and like I said  gave more support then you would see the best of him.

The team play is ponderous and slow in style of play, need urgency and directness.

Passing crisp and quick, then you would see our strikers become more prolific.

If he doesn't want to stay, then cash in on him, but we shouldn't hound him if he shows passion, just harness this in the positivity that it should merit.

Bates and Ramirez were our worst performers by some distance today. 

We just can't afford to be paying someone big money who needs things laid on a plate for him to the extent that Ramirez does. If we're going to be paying that kinda money I'd be expecting someone who is able to create chances for himself on occasion. 

That level of money could be spent on someone younger who is going to be the driving force of the team for the next few years. 

I think he's done OK in the main and I can see both arguments but it's best for both parties to part ways in the summer if he's got himself a new gig. 

6 hours ago, anderson72 said:

Hes a very decent striker, who needs service and balls played to his feet, dropped back a lot to help the team today, he shouldn't be doing that, should be in the box or just outside the box to try and finish off attacks with a goal.

Frustration is showing with the results and play of the team around him.

Passionate guy, if he was more selfish and like I said  gave more support then you would see the best of him.

The team play is ponderous and slow in style of play, need urgency and directness.

Passing crisp and quick, then you would see our strikers become more prolific.

If he doesn't want to stay, then cash in on him, but we shouldn't hound him if he shows passion, just harness this in the positivity that it should merit.

He got the ball into his feet plenty yesterday and lost it. His touch is alright but he is so scared about the man coming behind him that he struggles to hold it in. Not up to the physical nature of the league.

I’d agree that Watkins was the worst player on the pitch yesterday; at least with Ramirez when he’s not involved you feel he could still get in a dangerous position and score, with Watkins you don’t even have that.

I like Ramirez, but different managers have different styles and get the best out of different players. At the moment it seems Goodwin and Ramirez aren’t clicking and Ramirez was hung out to dry playing deep yesterday which I don’t think plays to his strengths. However, I thought he showed plenty of effort for the team, just not in areas he can be most effective.

Anyway, good to get a win and hopefully that gives them some confidence for the end of the season and into next year. 

• Upvote 1

I've defended Ramirez a fair bit of late. 

At one point in the first half he battled away for the ball in the box, won it and created a half chance. I thought here we go he's got some fight about him today but that didn't really last. He slipped in a couple of decent passes in the second half which created some chances in fairness to him but then wasn't in the right places often enough to take chances for himself. That chance where Hayes squared it, the keeper does make a very good save, but I'd expect a Dons number 9 to score that so that was disappointing.

We had the ball in the final third a lot in that second half and today I'd say he wasn't there enough for us to capitalise. I know it was him playing deeper that caused that so that's not entirely on him. Still thought it was strange that he was subbed instead of Watkins though. I thought he was better than Watkins today and further forward as more of a focal point in a game where we were actually creating chances should have suited him. Maybe Watkins was kept on for overall mobility? Either way he had a mixed game today, some good, some bad.

I recently said I'd be happy enough if he stayed and expected him to as he was under contract. Since then it seems like he's more likely to leave. Ultimately I want players who want to be here so if he doesn't want to be here next season I'll not lose sleep over him going.

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

The most bizarre thing about it is he seems immune from criticism by most on here. 

No he doesn’t. Him and Ramirez were both terrible yesterday and both got plenty service. If you pick and choose what you read then you probably won’t see the criticism Watkins got yesterday. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Watkins was the worst player on the park by a street. A man short. Completely anonymous. 

He's probably been my biggest disappointment this season.

Much heralded permanent arrival after an underwhelming loan period last season, but one decent goal aside he's done very little by way of assists that I can remember and he's made of glass.

2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Much heralded permanent arrival after an underwhelming loan period last season, but one decent goal aside he's done very little by way of assists that I can remember and he's made of glass.

Yup he’s injured too often. Hasn’t been the same since he came back from injury either. He played very well in the games against Hibs and Hearts this season but just doesn’t do it enough. 

16 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Usual injury prone pro! Wee flashes, gets contract, gets/constantly injured. Always in that order. Followed by nearing end of current contract, wee flashes etc etc . Repeat Repeat Repeat 

47 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

They were both poor but at least Watkins still works hard for the team when he's not playing well. 

At the end of the day we need a proper attacking midfielder before we'll get the best out of anyone playing up as striker. 

The working hard thing is fun, Darren Mackie got slated and all he ever done was work hard.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

The working hard thing is fun, Darren Mackie got slated and all he ever done was work hard.

Slate Watkins if you like.  I'm not bothered.  I've very little praise for any of our squad. 

Did Ramirez's running for him yesterday though to free him up to 'play to his strengths'. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Slate Watkins if you like.  I'm not bothered.  I've very little praise for any of our squad. 

Did Ramirez's running for him yesterday though to free him up to 'play to his strengths'. 

Yip and on another Ramirez would have had an assist and a goal.

First half only Lewis, Barron and MacKenzie got pass marks, Ramirez was more than fine in the second half but again every cunt on here focuses on the negatives. 

4 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yip and on another Ramirez would have had an assist and a goal.

Seems to be an awful lot of 'on another day' chat for Ramirez these days. 

At the end of the day it's what you do, not what you could have done, that matters. 

Thank fuck Ferguson doesn't miss penalties. 

For what it's worth I was pleased we went with two up yesterday but we've now got a strike partner and two wingers so we are definitely playing to his 'strengths'. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Seems to be an awful lot of 'on another day' chat for Ramirez these days. 

At the end of the day it's what you do, not what you could have done, that matters. 

Thank fuck Ferguson doesn't miss penalties. 

For what it's worth I was pleased we went with two up yesterday but we've now got a strike partner and two wingers so we are definitely playing to his 'strengths'. 

Yes however Ramirez was made to play extremely deep which totally nullified him, it was in the second half when he was properly up top he actually looked fine.