Christian Ramirez

26 minutes ago, minijc said:

Seriously, what does that matter if there's no end product?  Watkins fell over the ball a few times in the first half, lots of misplaced passes and his trademark hit ahead of himself and not get to it as well.

Can you read? Better than the yank dosser moaping about. Watkins isn’t the answer but Ramirez needs shipped back to America asap. 

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Can you read? Better than the yank dosser moaping about. Watkins isn’t the answer but Ramirez needs shipped back to America asap. 

It means fuck all if it causes moves to also break down though, good to see you'll let other players off with it yet hammer the one you hate.

24 minutes ago, Parklife said:

To be fair, you were being a tube. 

He's a good penalty box striker at our level. His goal return proves that. 

Those aren't "stats". 

He's in poor form. No doubt about that. 

What are you on about? ?

Omg you really are a moron

The old penalty box striker crap now. Any player who gets the honour to play for our club, if you put them in the exact same position as Ramirez then I'd expect them to score just as many goals.

Every goal has been one touch. About 90% of them have been tap ins. He's had maybe a couple of good finishes. And he's missed a helluva lot more that he should've done better with.

Fuck me man, he's an absolute passenger and a team as mediocre as Aberdeen can't afford the luxury of a penalty box striker. We need someone who will bring annoy the fuck out of defenders, let them know he's there, chase them at every opportunity, flick stuff on, hold the ball up, bring others into play, track back, pass, tackle AND score at least 15 goals. He's had 30+ games at 90 minutes a time to show he's incapable of almost everything on that list. 

• Upvote 3
9 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

Omg you really are a moron

Nope. That's definitely not the case. 

The old penalty box striker crap now.

It's not "crap" and very much the case. He's a good penalty box striker. His link and hold up play is poor but he'll find space in the box and is a decent finisher. 

Any player who gets the honour to play for our club, if you put them in the exact same position as Ramirez then I'd expect them to score just as many goals.

Well history has shown us that they don't. So your expectations are based on a fantasy world of make-believe and not reality. 

Every goal has been one touch. About 90% of them have been tap ins. He's had maybe a couple of good finishes. And he's missed a helluva lot more that he should've done better with.

LOL. 

Fuck me man, he's an absolute passenger and a team as mediocre as Aberdeen can't afford the luxury of a penalty box striker. We need someone who will bring annoy the fuck out of defenders, let them know he's there, chase them at every opportunity, flick stuff on, hold the ball up, bring others into play, track back, pass, tackle AND score at least 15 goals. He's had 30+ games at 90 minutes a time to show he's incapable of almost everything on that list. 

I don't think you understand the financial realities of football. Someone who could do all those things wouldn't be playing for Aberdeen. ?

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

? You two cunts falling over each other trying to defend his performances has been quite the laugh the past few weeks. 

Not defending his performances, he's been very poor but I like to point our your hypocrisy when you let others off with performances that are just as bad, if not worse. 

1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

He’s leaving, he isn’t playing well. What’s the point of going over this every single day? 

HE’S SHITE

NO HE’S NOT

HE’S SHITE

NO HE’S NOT

It’s fucking brain damage 

You would know all about that. ?

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Nope. That's definitely not the case. 

It's not "crap" and very much the case. He's a good penalty box striker. His link and hold up play is poor but he'll find space in the box and is a decent finisher. 

Well history has shown us that they don't. So your expectations are based on a fantasy world of make-believe and not reality. 

LOL. 

I don't think you understand yet financial realities of football. Someone who could do all those things wouldn't be playing for Aberdeen. ?

LOL good argument.

Cosgrove did more of those things than Ramirez and he cost a packet of hob nobs.

Rooney, Vernon and McGinn when played up front all showed they could do it. Even Magennis and Stockley have shown elsewhere it's doable.

Look to our leage, Van Veen, Boyce, Boyle, Watt, Charles Cook and Anderson are all doing it. Yet apparently financial realities stop it. Only one person living in fantasy land.

Stop gargling that other muppets tiny cock, it's affecting your brain

10 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

LOL good argument.

Cosgrove did more of those things than Ramirez and he cost a packet of hob nobs.

Rooney, Vernon and McGinn when played up front all showed they could do it. Even Magennis and Stockley have shown elsewhere it's doable.

Look to our leage, Van Veen, Boyce, Boyle, Watt, Charles Cook and Anderson are all doing it. Yet apparently financial realities stop it. Only one person living in fantasy land.

Don't waste your time on him

He is clearly fishing and if not, a complete nut job 

8 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

LOL good argument.

Cosgrove? I'd be willing to bet he scored less from open play in any of his seasons than CR.  

Rooney was excellent for us. Again, he hit penalties and that helped his stats massively. 

Vernon wasn't a good striker ?

All players who've scored about the same number of goals as Ramirez, all play for better teams and most of them hit penalties. Not sure any of them do all the things you're claiming they do either. 

I've no idea what that means. Good to see you resort to that because you've nothing of substance to add though. 

Never said any of them were good. Reading not your string point.

All of them have a comparable or better strike rate than Ramirez AND all of them offered a lot more of the other things we should all demand of a professional footballer.

And on the other players, they're doing it in better teams??? Fuck me, apart from the top 3 everyone in the league is atrocious. There were only 3 points separating us from the likes of motherwell, hibs, county, livi, utd who those players play for.

And I've seen Watt, Van Veen and Anderson do all those things against us this season

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

I don't think you understand the financial realities of football. Someone who could do all those things wouldn't be playing for Aberdeen. ?

Ace observation is it. So well thought out. Why haven’t the management team just considered signing a striker who can do absolutely everything and is happy to do it for about 5k a week. We need to get this genius on board so he can let them know 

• Upvote 2
On 5/5/2022 at 11:03 PM, Ten Caat said:

Son of John Harkes ex of Sheff Wed and Derby in the 90s. 

I'm sure Harkes senior was qualified to play for Scotland but chose the country of his birth and got near to 100 caps? Don't think Harkes junior is quite in the same league

Just looked....Harkes jr was actually born in Derby. Older than I thought too..27

When Harkes senior signed for Wednesday one of the newspapers in the USA reported, “John Harkes will sign for Sheffield in England on Wednesday” ?

3 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Is that all? Maybe he should drive you home after the match too. 

2 hours ago, milne_afc said:

^^^
tied in knots

You'll need better bait. 

45 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Ace observation is it. So well thought out. Why haven’t the management team just considered signing a striker who can do absolutely everything and is happy to do it for about 5k a week. We need to get this genius on board so he can let them know 

Exactly. ?

4 hours ago, minijc said:

Seriously, what does that matter if there's no end product?  Watkins fell over the ball a few times in the first half, lots of misplaced passes and his trademark hit ahead of himself and not get to it as well.

Watkins is absolutely useless. 

Guest milne_afc
2 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Reading not your string point.

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

?

2 hours ago, milne_afc said:

^^^
tied in knots

9 minutes ago, Parklife said:

You'll need better bait. 

I'm a frayed knot