Breidablik 2 - 3 Aberdeen

Ok sorry I downplayed it a little.  Qualification isnt supposed to be easy especially coming through the QR route and coming so early in our season relative to some others.  What I'm trying to say is we've not even come close to the PO in my mind.  Miles off it.  We should have been closer at least once is my point - looking back at it with disappointment, not a misty eyed jealousy of the "big teams."  

Our central defence still gives me the fear - why hasn't Gallagher been given more game time - is he carrying an injury?

If we play an attacking game we should create chances especially if JET can continue to show his European form.

At the moment I'd take a draw away especially as fans back at Pittodrie - hoping for better though

33 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Ok sorry I downplayed it a little.  Qualification isnt supposed to be easy especially coming through the QR route and coming so early in our season relative to some others.  What I'm trying to say is we've not even come close to the PO in my mind.  Miles off it.  We should have been closer at least once is my point - looking back at it with disappointment, not a misty eyed jealousy of the "big teams."  

We've come close to the PO round. Maribor was obviously the main one, but we were close with Apollon and Kairat. I'm not saying that coming close is an achievement to be celebrated, but to say we've only ever been miles off isn't true.

40 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Our central defence still gives me the fear - why hasn't Gallagher been given more game time - is he carrying an injury?

If we play an attacking game we should create chances especially if JET can continue to show his European form.

At the moment I'd take a draw away especially as fans back at Pittodrie - hoping for better though

Gallagher is either still catching up pre-season wise or (the bit that concerns me) Glass is going with Consi and McCrorie until they do something which makes them droppable, which I believe will not be far away. They do not convince me as a pairing. 

I've had the feeling this will be a tougher tie also - just a gut feeling, maybe because I'm misrepresenting Austria Vienna as still a big club in my head.

From the highlights their no. 20 looks quite a tidy, tricky type of player. But Hedges is back in contention, Fergie and Broonaldinho look up to speed already and we're now into our 4th competitve match - I'm optimistic we're about to start clicking properly

3 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Over confidence causes over complacency….this will be a much harder game than we probably expect. We will be doing well to come away with any victory tonight.

I think the Dons will be up for it tonight and be on it far more than the last two where we didnt really move out of second gear.

Glass recognises weve not been to the PO round and this is a huge tie

The Icelandic league is not as good as ours. I would guess that the top few in their league are equivalent of the bottom few in SPL, and the rest of their teams Championship level at best. We should be going into this game believing we're better than them. None of this McInnes mentality where we go out and poo our pants on the pitch trying to defend for 90 minutes against a bunch of nobodies. That mentality and set up is what has cost us in recent years. Get out there, aggressive, confident, on the front foot from the off, pile the pressure on, and win the game. Simple.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

The Icelandic league is not as good as ours. I would guess that the top few in their league are equivalent of the bottom few in SPL, and the rest of their teams Championship level at best. We should be going into this game believing we're better than them. None of this McInnes mentality where we go out and poo our pants on the pitch trying to defend for 90 minutes against a bunch of nobodies. That mentality and set up is what has cost us in recent years. Get out there, aggressive, confident, on the front foot from the off, pile the pressure on, and win the game. Simple.

But dont win by too many as we've 16000 tickets to shift for next thursday.