Ryan hedges , stay or go

4 hours ago, shooftahmooftah said:

Probably time to admit, Cormack got the wrong man to manage the club. And this clown is going to sign new players in the January window. ????????

As much as I think you’re a havering halfwit most of the time, that’s a fair summation. 

Glass isn’t going anytime soon, bar a catastrophic home defeat to Edinburgh City maybe. 

He’ll be here to make changes in January & we’ll see how that goes. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

As much as I think you’re a havering halfwit most of the time, that’s a fair summation. 

Glass isn’t going anytime soon, bar a catastrophic home defeat to Edinburgh City maybe. 

He’ll be here to make changes in January & we’ll see how that goes. 

Ridiculous statement im away to make here after the disastrous results under glass BUT I think we can have a strong end to the season if our recruitment is good. If the recruitment is of the standard of the summer we are completely fucked though. We need a settled back line and reintroduction of Ramsey and Mckenzie and maybe even considine, id maybe try that till the end of the season defensively but we need to get some creativity and flair in forward areas. I have my doubts our recruitment has it in them but I live in hope that they can recruit at least a couple attacking players that will be successful.

23 minutes ago, slippers said:

Ridiculous statement im away to make here after the disastrous results under glass BUT I think we can have a strong end to the season if our recruitment is good. If the recruitment is of the standard of the summer we are completely fucked though. We need a settled back line and reintroduction of Ramsey and Mckenzie and maybe even considine, id maybe try that till the end of the season defensively but we need to get some creativity and flair in forward areas. I have my doubts our recruitment has it in them but I live in hope that they can recruit at least a couple attacking players that will be successful.

Agree with most of that.

Surprising as it may be though, but we’ve conceded a lot less goals when Ramsay & MacKenzie were out the team.

I’d definitely get Ramsay back in though. 

We need younger players recruited, and a couple with creativity & speed.

Any players we have that are fast, are brainless (Samuels & McLennan).

44 minutes ago, slippers said:

It's shaping up to be a big window. 

Could go either way at the moment. If 2 or 3 of Ferguson, Hedges and Ramsay leave then we've got a big job on. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's shaping up to be a big window. 

Could go either way at the moment. If 2 or 3 of Ferguson, Hedges and Ramsay leave then we've got a big job on. 

Providing we get the right money for Ferguson we could prob get McGrath for 10-20% of the fee we get for Ferguson and possibly be better off. Ill be honest though I've not seen alot of Mcgrath but from what I've read he would be a good signing and more of an attacking threat than Ferguson. The big 1 for me is replacing hedges though, we desperately need creativity and he is simply shite far too often. 

• Haha 1
8 minutes ago, slippers said:

Providing we get the right money for Ferguson we could prob get McGrath for 10-20% of the fee we get for Ferguson and possibly be better off. Ill be honest though I've not seen alot of Mcgrath but from what I've read he would be a good signing and more of an attacking threat than Ferguson. The big 1 for me is replacing hedges though, we desperately need creativity and he is simply shite far too often. 

Aye. A lot of folk are critical of the defence and the attack but despite having loads of midfielders I don't think we've got the balance right in there. They all like the game in front of them, all could move the ball a bit quicker and none of them are particularly quick which hurts us both defensively and in attack. 

Some quicker midfielders who can run forward with the ball at defenders and link with the attack would help us a lot. 

6 hours ago, jamiesd said:

i reckon he will pre contract and stick with us till the end of the season.  No doubt about it, on his day very good but on his day is about as frequent as a world ending meteorite.

His on days will get even less frequent if he signs a pre contract and doesn’t leave in January. Will go through the motions and try his best to avoid injury whilst telling the press that he will give his all for Aberdeen until the summer

23 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

I’d go back with an extra k on the table after yesterday, only time we looked dangerous was Hedges on the counter. 

hedges through the middle wae Watkins and Ramsay either side. Yes Ramsay needs the Gareth Bale upgrade. 

We'd have to at a minimum double our offer, probably nearer treble it, if we were to compete with the wages he would get at Blackburn

And for what he gives us (one good performance every 5 games or so)......he isn't worth it.

• Upvote 2

If Blackburn want him, they will get him. They are in with a decent shout of automatic promotion to the EPL, let alone the play-offs. It is also a better chance of him getting back in the Wales squad. 
This would also mean there is zero chance of them signing him on a pre-contract and leaving him here for the rest of the season. He is potentially very valuable to them for the remainder of their season. 
He might thrive down there with more time on the ball, or he might not make it, who knows. But if the offer is there, he’s off. 

On 12/31/2021 at 8:34 AM, sheepcrooky said:

If Blackburn want him, they will get him. They are in with a decent shout of automatic promotion to the EPL, let alone the play-offs. It is also a better chance of him getting back in the Wales squad. 
This would also mean there is zero chance of them signing him on a pre-contract and leaving him here for the rest of the season. He is potentially very valuable to them for the remainder of their season. 
He might thrive down there with more time on the ball, or he might not make it, who knows. But if the offer is there, he’s off. 

Can you imagine Hedges in the EPL? I don't even see him doing well in the Championship.

38 minutes ago, Jigsaw666 said:

Can you imagine Hedges in the EPL? I don't even see him doing well in the Championship.

I’m thinking the same, the guys too lightweight for the Championship, he’s also so one footed it’s unreal there’s no way you can continue to play like that at a higher level. Obviously I don’t blame him for jumping at the chance to earn more money or play at a higher level but I am surprised Blackburn are even interested in him. 

16 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

I don’t mind Ryan Hedges….he goes with my best wishes. A very decent lad. 

Yup I'd agree. Think we should definitely let him go as he's been too inconsistent this season so he's not worth the rumoured top wage. Enjoyed having him here though and he brought excitement with his willingness to up the gears and move us forward.

Hedges on his day is a top quality SPL player. His time has been blighted with injuries and bad patches though. I think he's the kind of guy who thrives when he has other players capable of playing fast attacking football that he can combine with - he was probably at his best when he was playing alongside Scott Wright, with Watkins ahead of them. I think too much of the burden has been placed on him as the only creative player in the team (when Ramsay is out). If he doesn't have a great game it's very noticeable because we have pretty much no creative spark or pace, or anyone with the ability to go past their opponent. 

At this stage of his career can't blame him for wanting another crack down south. It's the same story for any players who come up here and do alright for a season or two - they're always going to take the option to go back south for more money, in the knowledge that if it doesn't work out, they can likely pick up a gig at another SPL club in a season or so. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Top earner is just wild. Especially given the rumoured amount that Ramirez is on.

Hedges reminds me of lads I played with a juvenile football. Fast and good feet but complete sock players. No grasp of what's around them, head down staring at their socks and run... one footed as fuck.

Will put in a performance every so often but more often than not lose the ball cause completely unaware of surroundings due to not looking up.

How much is Ramirez rumoured to be on?

11 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Hedges on his day is a top quality SPL player. His time has been blighted with injuries and bad patches though. I think he's the kind of guy who thrives when he has other players capable of playing fast attacking football that he can combine with - he was probably at his best when he was playing alongside Scott Wright, with Watkins ahead of them. I think too much of the burden has been placed on him as the only creative player in the team (when Ramsay is out). If he doesn't have a great game it's very noticeable because we have pretty much no creative spark or pace, or anyone with the ability to go past their opponent. 

At this stage of his career can't blame him for wanting another crack down south. It's the same story for any players who come up here and do alright for a season or two - they're always going to take the option to go back south for more money, in the knowledge that if it doesn't work out, they can likely pick up a gig at another SPL club in a season or so. 

Good post.

Creative players that perform week in week out are very hard to find.

I think we will miss him

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Roberto said:

They paid a manager more.

What would you expect him to take given he was on 15k a week at Dynamo? 2 or 3k a week?

Come on. Been told the figure of 9k and it doesn't at all come as a surprise to me.

The Times said nearer 6k at Houston, some nonsense sports website stated $12k, but didnt back up their figures. I'd have thought 4k-5k plus bonuses would be more realistic  but 9k, who told you that? If that was the case, then offering to make Hedges the highest paid player at the club would have topped that, which makes the whole thing even more unbelievable! ?

3 minutes ago, Roberto said:

1 million dollars a year was his wage at Dynamo so you do the maths from there.

Readily available if you search hard enough. I'm looking at the article now.

Who told me isn't information I wish to give out if truth be told and I doubt the person would be happy. 

Cormack actually on video saying he was on a million dollars over there, so there's no doubt about that.

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

1 million dollars a year was his wage at Dynamo so you do the maths from there.

Readily available if you search hard enough. I'm looking at the article now.

Who told me isn't information I wish to give out if truth be told and I doubt the person would be happy. 

A wee bit of searching seems to indicate his base salary was around $600k, not $1 million, but how factual are those sites?

https://www.sportekz.com/football/houston-dynamo-players-salaries/

A for your source, aye I'm sure he wouldn't, but it was reported that Ramirez took a major drop in wages to move to Aberdeen, so I doubt very much 9k. Obviously Hedges offered 10k then and turned it down aye? ?

53 minutes ago, davieb said:

There is surely no way Aberdeen are paying anyone 9k per week???

Says in the article below he was on 5.8k per week in Houston, which I'm sure will be less here.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/adventurous-christian-ramirez-is-eager-to-strike-out-and-become-aberdeens-new-hero-g083vldjn

How much do you think our captain is on??? (team captain not club)