Ryan hedges , stay or go

14 minutes ago, Hoofball said:

Must of those are on the wrong side of 30 so anything over a two year contract doesn’t make much sense

Hedges signed for us on a bosman on a 3 year contract. 

At the 18 month stage he had had a poor start where he lost his place followed by an injury followed by a good but short run of form then was long term injured again. 

Pretty difficult to make a call at that point. 

I'm not arguing. I think you're right in theory but the Hedges one is a bit of an anomaly. 

30 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hedges signed for us on a bosman on a 3 year contract. 

At the 18 month stage he had had a poor start where he lost his place followed by an injury followed by a good but short run of form then was long term injured again. 

Pretty difficult to make a call at that point. 

I'm not arguing. I think you're right in theory but the Hedges one is a bit of an anomaly. 

Agree, his form and injuries would cause problems but that then works in the clubs favour to a degree if they thought his form would pick up. Aberdeen have faith in the player and are offering an extension even with his history. 

I know the system has flaws but feels it a better system than the one in place where any decent player runs down their contract and walks away for fuck all. 

3 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Kennedy could well be like the new Ojo. He has been a revelation under Glass. Some back injury the guy has had to endure….good luck to him during his return to the first team. Under SG we might even see him cross a ball. 

If you mean ojo has been a revelation he’s been pretty crap and the sooner he’s out of the starting 11 the better 

• Upvote 1

Well the usual papers are announcing what I thought with my original post 

he’s off 

hopefully we should get in a decent replacement , at he end of the day we got him for a free  not like Kennedy , so nothing lost apart from an opportunity to make some cash 

this  appears to be the Aberdeen way  

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Hedges will follow a lot of players out of AFC who spend 50% of the time sitting on a bench not actually playing football but on 2 or 3 times the money. From a financial sense I get why they do it but with a playing span of only about 15 years I don’t see the logic 

Not think he'll play? Most players who've left recently have done alright for themselves... apart from Cosgrove.

Guys like Conway and Bryson had very good careers in the Championship. I would definitely go if I was Hedges.... surely get bored of Scottish football after 3 seasons anyway. Lets play Motherwell and Dundee 3 to 7 times a season... buzzin

2 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Not think he'll play? Most players who've left recently have done alright for themselves... apart from Cosgrove.

Guys like Conway and Bryson had very good careers in the Championship. I would definitely go if I was Hedges.... surely get bored of Scottish football after 3 seasons anyway. Lets play Motherwell and Dundee 3 to 7 times a season... buzzin

No I don’t think he will between injuries and just plain better players 

19 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Probably time to admit the mistake with Gallagher too. Just simply miles off the level required.

Said it in another thread but there's pretty much no reason to think he's any good. Had a good season with Livingston then a good season with Motherwell and thats about it. That game against Serbia fooled everyone too!

Other than that its loads of championship football, Dundee, Livi, Motherwell and the jail. We've had Anderson, Reynolds & McKenna in the last 10 years and this guy couldn't be much further away from them. At first it was almost a wind up to say he'll be no better than Ash Taylor but in reality he is nowhere near Ash Taylor ?‍♂️