Jack Mackenzie

1 hour ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

If Aberdeen continue with players of the quality of Jack McKenzie then don't be surpirsed if we're sitting 9th in the table.

I 100% don't buy that. There are numerous players that need replacing before Mackenzie. Also a settled back 4 and a competent goalkeeper also helps to solidify a defensive unit. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

His left foot was in perfect working order down at iprix earlier this season. 

If you play Jack MacKenzie in a flat back 4, he is perfectly fine.

He's not afraid to stick the boot in as and when required, getting better with his positional awareness, has a great work ethic. and can provide a lovely pass or cross into the box. 

That reminds me of the co-commentator on Wednesday night, his name was Stevie Tosh, in this case it's absolute tosh. He's thick. You can coach certain things, a footballing brain isn't one of them. 

Sorry. Slow to see the joke. Famously Phil Neville was struggling after his move to Everton from Manchester United. On a radio 5 phone in an Everton fan was going full onto about how bad a left back Phil Neville was. The pundit then said sometimes what supporters don't get is how good an experienced pro can be in the dressing room.

Pause for comedic effect then the fan said Fine then  ,  just leave him in the dressing room 

Not seen Shinnie as a left back since that awful night playing for Scotland. Kazakhstan ? Also Jensen's first game for us at Pittodrie against a european team he looked like a centre back playing left back.

Mackenzie is at worst a good squad player, lets not punt him.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, pittodriepie83 said:

He’s definitely improved this season but he’s going to be another Considine I think. Will do a solid job, give 100% and maybe even a few 7/10 performances, but ultimately not the quality of left back we need if we actually want to achieve anything.

And no, neither is McGarry. 

Yes, for balance sadly I’ll agree with that too

On 2/15/2024 at 8:31 AM, GeorgeStreetReds said:

One of the most technically limited players I've ever seen play a significant (50+) amount of games for Aberdeen. How on earth was he given a 3 year contract.

If you went to watch a league 2 team like Forfar Athletic this guy would not stand out in the slightest.

Mackie lasted 10years. 

Not having it that hes as bad as youre making out.

I thought Payne and Morrison looked decent prospects tho😳

3 hours ago, perthshirered said:

That reminds me of the co-commentator on Wednesday night, his name was Stevie Tosh, in this case it's absolute tosh. He's thick. You can coach certain things, a footballing brain isn't one of them. 

Very true min, however he's by far not the worst left-back that's represented the proud club of Aberdeen by a long, long way (love Pandora's Box by OMD).

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

I 100% don't buy that. There are numerous players that need replacing before Mackenzie. Also a settled back 4 and a competent goalkeeper also helps to solidify a defensive unit. 

Totally agree with you,  Yes there's an argument that we can get an upgrade and we probably will in the coming seasons however McKenzie for me has been one of the few positives this season and has improved greatly.  He is by far the least of our problems at the moment.  And if the rest of the team had his fight we might not be in this mess

• Upvote 3
9 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Very true min, however he's by far not the worst left-back that's represented the proud club of Aberdeen by a long, long way (love Pandora's Box by OMD).

Correct, for the older fans, I give you Steve Ritchie and his finest moment in a Dons shirt, and even that was a bit shit.