Jack Mackenzie

For me Jack has been good enough this year to be worth his place in the squad.

Of course I’d love better players starting in several positions but we also need a squad that’s capable of being used in different games.

I’m also not sure about judging the player under the current style of play / system.

1 hour ago, Helmet said:

Of course I’d love better players starting in several positions but we also need a squad that’s capable of being used in different games.

I’m also not sure about judging the player under the current style of play / system.

Squad, maybe

As an absolute last option

3 hours ago, Helmet said:

I'm not against MacKenzie being a cheap, local loon, squad filler if we need such a thing but he's not good enough to be getting as much game time as he does. 

We need a squad capable of being used in different games - correct... and we have a pretty large squad of senior players... but the only area of the pitch Robson ever seems to rotate is the midfield. We've got umpteen defenders sitting around, and despite the fact our defence continues to leak goals left right and centre he never seems to make any changes there. 

28 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I'm not against MacKenzie being a cheap, local loon, squad filler if we need such a thing but he's not good enough to be getting as much game time as he does. 

We need a squad capable of being used in different games - correct... and we have a pretty large squad of senior players... but the only area of the pitch Robson ever seems to rotate is the midfield. We've got umpteen defenders sitting around, and despite the fact our defence continues to leak goals left right and centre he never seems to make any changes there. 

Think McGarry would be more suited to the LWB role even if there is questions about his defensive options

Not exactly blessed with other options as we only have Hayes as a back-up and seemingly Ngwenya isn't too highly thougt of by those who watch the youth sides

46 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Lol

Erm, yep

ICT standard player 

Don't quite get the comparison with ICT, considering the players we've acquired from there (Hayes, Shinnie, Storey, Tansey) - ok, pass on the latter two - as well as former players of ICT, Rooney and Christie, who all did very good jobs for Aberdeen. 

Also, Darren Mackie went to ICT on loan and came back a better player.😉

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

I'd be flabbergasted if,  by the true sense of the word, I'm not a better aberdeen fc supporter than you

21 minutes ago, thurso said:

😂😂 how could you possibly even equate who would be a better Aberdeen fan. What a moronic statement 

You could post a poll. Loser doesn't post for a month.

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Don't quite get the comparison with ICT, considering the players we've acquired from there (Hayes, Shinnie, Storey, Tansey) - ok, pass on the latter two - as well as former players of ICT, Rooney and Christie, who all did very good jobs for Aberdeen. 

Also, Darren Mackie went to ICT on loan and came back a better player.😉

Those players all outgrew ICT

Considine is the calibre of player who would stay there his whole career

1 hour ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

You obviously don't know the meaning of the word "loyalty".

You are simply having a beef with Andrew Considine for the sake of it, as you are not backing up your argument about him allegedly being a charlatan with any evidence whatsoever.

He wasn't good enough to be here his whole career

He wasn't "loyal", as we were far and away the best he could ever dream of

26 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Whether you think he was good enough to be here his whole career or not, he did because he gave his all and was a solid pro, certainly wasn’t a charlatan or trying to be something he wasn’t.

There were times I would have liked to see him become more of a squad player but big Andy had a good Dons career overall.

Ironically to have your entire career at the dons means you genuinely need to have limitations, so he is probably the exact type of player that could have the majority of his career with us. 

I also don’t think you need to be turning down offers to demonstrate loyalty over such a long period, his attitude over many years was spot on and he clearly loved the Dons. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

He was very limited in certain areas, and did make plenty mistakes over the years, but you could say he scored enough goals to probably more than make up for them. 

I would have preferred us to have had someone better than him playing in the hundreds of games he played for us, but the reality is he's far from the worst we've had over the years, and most people would probably concede that our defence was generally better with him in it than it's been since he left (with the exception of about 10 games last season when we looked invincible!) I'm not necessarily saying he would improve our current defence, because it's as much about dynamics as it is individuals at the moment I think, but some of the defensive line ups he played in were more effective than our current one, even if the individual players we have now are supposedly better on paper.

9 hours ago, Millertime said:

Squad, maybe

As an absolute last option

He’s a useable option though I think, unlike some others we have.

Maybe that’s why I’m not as critical of him as I was- we’ve several guys who can’t even get a start in any situation it seems. They need replaced first.

8 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Totally agree but being fair to MacKenzie (and I was very critical of him at the start of the season) he’s getting a game so in that sense he’s contributing a lot more than guys like Dadia, McDonald or Williams are.

51 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

He was very limited in certain areas, and did make plenty mistakes over the years, but you could say he scored enough goals to probably more than make up for them. 

I would have preferred us to have had someone better than him playing in the hundreds of games he played for us, but the reality is he's far from the worst we've had over the years, and most people would probably concede that our defence was generally better with him in it than it's been since he left (with the exception of about 10 games last season when we looked invincible!) I'm not necessarily saying he would improve our current defence, because it's as much about dynamics as it is individuals at the moment I think, but some of the defensive line ups he played in were more effective than our current one, even if the individual players we have now are supposedly better on paper.

It's a lot of words to try and mask the fact he wasn't good enough

He's the only thing Goodwin did right 

16 hours ago, Millertime said:

Guy won player of the season when we had mclean, maddison,  shinnie, Hayes, McGinn, christie etc. he was very good for us for most of the time McInnes was here. 

he could have easily ran down his contract and gone to the championship for more money. Far  worse players have. 

jamie carragher never had any transfer options to leave Liverpool. Does that mean he wasn’t loyal or good enough for them?

come on now frankie. Monti fuck

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Fans need to cut Jack some slack. Another solid performance today. The criticism he receives especially on here is way over the top. 

IMO there is definitely a player in him. 

Jack did have a fine game today but like every other player, when they are very poor they deserve criticism. Some do go over the top with how they criticise though, but let's hope the boy continues to improve.

Most of our players are capable of the odd good game. 

But that's nowhere near enough, we need players to be able to play well most weeks and not many of them have been able to do that, including Jack. 

But saying that he's probably our best left back.   I think we need a better left back though.