Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

21 minutes ago, sigh said:

Why would English (and Welsh) law dictate building in Scotland? Show me how this is relevant?

True also here I'm afraid - that is why the main stand at Fir Park stops short - because one resident wouldn't accept the proposal.

• Upvote 1
16 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

Costs of renovating buildings/stadiums are also subject to VAT @ 20%. New builds are exempt from VAT. 

Aberdeen are VAT registered so any VAT would be recoverable. 

17 hours ago, sigh said:

Why would English (and Welsh) law dictate building in Scotland? Show me how this is relevant?

https://www.edinburghlive.co.uk/news/edinburgh-news/plans-rejected-three-bed-extension-20293553

"And he pointed out that a sunlight report had ruled that the addition to the house would block sunlight from half of the neighbouring garden, where the residents have a sunroom from 9am until 1pm every day.

"And Mr McGinn questioned officers’ assessment that the impact of loss of sunlight would be minimal.

He said: “When you think about using your own garden over the last year, to have that removed because someone wants to develop the site next door, I think that impact needs to considered very seriously."

One 'sunroom' out of the err, 300 flats, could put pay to the great Pittodrie redevelopment.