Proposed new stadium, by Aberdeen beach

3 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

We should look to set the council a deadline to agree on a beach site or we go to Kingsford. 

They want the benefits of a beach stadium for Aberdeen city centre yet they just lift their skirt up every so often without actually giving out. They don't want to help fund it. 

If they don't want to help keeping local businesses running and keeping the city centre as the focal point it's on them.

I said as soon as ACC offered the site at the beach I reckoned we'd still end up at Kingsford.

The sole purpose of ACC offering the beach site was to put Cormack between a rock and hard place knowing the majority of fans would want the beach over Kingsford which would delay/kill off any potential move to Kingsford, while knowing fine well there would be no movement at the beach for years. Thereby they maintain the status quo and any anger at lack of progress is directed solely towards AFC/Cormack.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, The Boofon said:

Sort this idiot out please @milne_afc

Aye come on then. Explain how you can rebuild Pittodrie "stand by stand" (so each year would be a reduced capacity) to modern building regulations (ie you won't get away with what Hearts were able to do with Tynecastle 30 years ago) and keep the capacity anywhere near what it is now?

Let me guess, a lot of pretending the flats behind two of the stands don't exist and asking "if Hearts and Liverpool did it why can't we?"

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, DeltaRay1903 said:

The Sør Arena, occupied by IK Start of Kristiansand in Norway.

That's more like it. Much more like it. More economically viable as well although I personally can't see us moving into a new stadium for at least another decade.

Abit much heading to Norway for home games is it not?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

I said as soon as ACC offered the site at the beach I reckoned we'd still end up at Kingsford.

The sole purpose of ACC offering the beach site was to put Cormack between a rock and hard place knowing the majority of fans would want the beach over Kingsford which would delay/kill off any potential move to Kingsford, while knowing fine well there would be no movement at the beach for years. Thereby they maintain the status quo and any anger at lack of progress is directed solely towards AFC/Cormack.

That’s quite a smart assessment, it’s worked too.

If you want to imagine what a rebuilt Pittodrie would look like, then imagine Hamilton's New Douglas Park with the RDS added to it. Capacity of about 13,000/14,000. 

It's not even about money, you couldn't build anything bigger on that footprint. A rebuilt South Stand would be significantly smaller. The others would drop in capacity too.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Dunty said:

Aye come on then. Explain how you can rebuild Pittodrie "stand by stand" (so each year would be a reduced capacity) to modern building regulations (ie you won't get away with what Hearts were able to do with Tynecastle 30 years ago) and keep the capacity anywhere near what it is now?

Let me guess, a lot of pretending the flats behind two of the stands don't exist and asking "if Hearts and Liverpool did it why can't we?"

Easy.

Fix South Stand first then progress anti clockwise to Merkland, South then finish at RDS.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
34 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

It goes in one ear and out the other with some people. Hearts were more than £20 million to redevelop one stand and that was 4 years ago before prices of materials went through the roof. To redevelop each stand at Pittodrie into something modern and without significantly reducing capacity i'd be surprised if we were under £100 million. We also wouldn't have the sale of the land Pittodrie is on to help fund it.

Pity Milne couldna get movin years ago, they would of got peak money for the ground. Now!! Possibly 25% of what could of been got. 

• Upvote 1
57 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

It goes in one ear and out the other with some people. Hearts were more than £20 million to redevelop one stand and that was 4 years ago before prices of materials went through the roof. To redevelop each stand at Pittodrie into something modern and without significantly reducing capacity i'd be surprised if we were under £100 million. We also wouldn't have the sale of the land Pittodrie is on to help fund it.

A 4m x 4m kitchen extension, that was priced at £40k in 2020 in now a baw hair off £60k so apply that financials to both rebuilding Pittodrie and a new stadium, either at Kingsford and the beach, and AFC are fucked. 
Unless material costs come down (unlikely) I’ll be getting my ashes scattered on the green green grass of an unaltered Pittodrie, even if I live another 25 years (unlikely)

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Adogcalledspot said:

I’m na ease at posting pics so maybe someone else can 

any , if not previously mentioned this stadium looks just the very thing 

MMArena - Home to Le Mans FC 🇫🇷

Capacity - 25,000
League - Championnat National

Get it built Aberdeen.

spacer.png

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Dunty said:

Nae bother.

Whats the budget and proposed capacity of the new stadium?

I’ll knock something up at the weekend.

2 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Easy.

Fix South Stand first then progress anti clockwise to Merkland, South then finish at RDS.

What is "fixing" the South Stand?

You mean rebuilding it, which due to modern building regulations, the small footprint and the that's behind it, we could only give it about a 2500-3000 capacity?

26 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Nae bother.

£80m at the beach, £60m Kingsford, going by Dave Cormack's latest guesstimate.

11 minutes ago, Dunty said:

What is "fixing" the South Stand?

You mean rebuilding it, which due to modern building regulations, the small footprint and the that's behind it, we could only give it about a 2500-3000 capacity?

Depends how tall it’s built. Could double deck it to 6000. 

2 hours ago, Helmet said:

That’s quite a smart assessment, it’s worked too.

It was obvious from day one that's what they were up to. They also said they wanted the stadium to be a community stadium rather than just a football stadium (whatever that means), and as time goes by and they continue to refuse to make any contributions it becomes more clear that the whole thing was just a delay tactic.

It would have been very interesting to see what decision Cormack would have made if we'd had the money to get going at Kingsford. Would we have spent so long being dicked about by ACC with the beach nonsense, or would we have just said fuck it were going to Kingsford...

I suspect if/when we are ever in a financial position to get going we'll see a change of mindset from ACC. Once the threat of AFC actually leaving the city centre becomes a real possibility rather than a pipedream they might start to shit themselves.

50 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

It was obvious from day one that's what they were up to. They also said they wanted the stadium to be a community stadium rather than just a football stadium (whatever that means), and as time goes by and they continue to refuse to make any contributions it becomes more clear that the whole thing was just a delay tactic.

It would have been very interesting to see what decision Cormack would have made if we'd had the money to get going at Kingsford. Would we have spent so long being dicked about by ACC with the beach nonsense, or would we have just said fuck it were going to Kingsford...

I suspect if/when we are ever in a financial position to get going we'll see a change of mindset from ACC. Once the threat of AFC actually leaving the city centre becomes a real possibility rather than a pipedream they might start to shit themselves.

You're forgetting it's a completely different council now from when it was first mooted.

Labour were doing what they always do, promising the world in return for votes, knowing they would never have the money to pay for it. 

If you remember, plan A was to get the Conservative UK government to pay for a Labour idea. Plan B was to get the SNP Scottish government to pay for a Labour idea. Plan C was to get Dave Cormack to pay for it.

And now it's an SNP/Lib Dems coalition where the Lib Dems have always been vehemently opposed to helping the club with the stadium.

2 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Nae bother.

Wasn't Cormack citing a figure of 85million quid, with a capacity of around 16000?

But Cormack talks an inordinate amount of shite, so those numbers are probably plucked from his arse. 

2 hours ago, The Boofon said:

Little one behind it looks more suitable. Like the old Chris Anderson stadium.

I'd like to see the Main Stand incorporated into any new stadium. Love the look of it. 

It's like one of the sinister cotton mills of the Victorian era, where the wee kids used to get caught up in the machinery and mangled or killed for a penny a week. 

Historic. 

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, dave_min said:

Or triple it and get it up to 9,000

Just as long as they reinstate the bath and keep it roofless.

Just fuck the South off completely if it’s not possible and have a three stand stadium. Big empty space (with the bath in the middle)

• Upvote 1