2 minutes ago, slippers said:

Majority of team is made up of Azerbaijan internationals who are 150 odd in world. Absolute dirt on international stage yet like you say man for man technically miles ahead of us. Sickening! We need to push for third as that will guarantee groups, only way I can see us qualifying!

Think one of the subs that came on was an ex Czech international, so no mugs at all.

At this level you expect your players to be able to pass to a team mate, even when under pressure.

Schooled. 

Their front four were clever, pulled our defence all over the place.  And the two wide ones just sat in the space behind our full backs when they went forward and could receive the ball under no pressure at all. 

Rest of their team were well drilled and knew exactly where their team mates would be at any point. 

I'm surprised we got as far as we did really.  Still a lot of work to do. 

Time to get our heads down and get stuck into the league season. 

• Like 1

This game is all the fans predictions coming to pass

Fans were concerned Rameriz wasnt good enough to be the main man

Fans were concerned that JET only played in flashes (notablly against us) 

Fans were concerned that Glass was going into the season with McCrorie in defence and resigning Devlin rather than signing an actual defender who wasn't injured

Fans were concerned that Teddy Jenks wouldn't be good enough having only played youth football in England. 

What do the fans know eh? 

And on Austen Samuel, I really hope he is the signing that finally proves Glass and Cormack to be geniuses and the fans to be idiots, but I doubt it. 

Just now, Ten Caat said:

And if Cormack lobs another £20m into the pot we might be able to afford 2 or 3 of them

That only leaves the problem of us paying the wages they'll want....

Apparently not as high as you'd think

http://www.culturemap.az/info/Detailed_News.aspx?id=52791&lng=en

https://www.azernews.az/sports/160770.html

https://ghanasoccernet.com/michael-essiens-salary-at-azerbaijani-side-sabail-fk-revealed

Just now, Hazlehead Don said:

Gambled on getting into group stages without buying a centre half or striker, when clearly required both a number of weeks ago. You reap what you sow!!!

This is it summed up perfectly. Cormack and Glass put all their eggs into the one European basket. The tried to do it on the cheap and got exactly what they deserved, out of Europe and out of the league cup. 

3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Schooled. 

Their front four were clever, pulled our defence all over the place.  And the two wide ones just sat in the space behind our full backs when they went forward and could receive the ball under no pressure at all. 

Rest of their team were well drilled and knew exactly where their team mates would be at any point. 

I'm surprised we got as far as we did really.  Still a lot of work to do. 

Time to get our heads down and get stuck into the league season. 

Nutshell - they're a fucking decent side on tonight's showing. Whichever way you dissect our performance tonight, I doubt we could match that level

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Hazlehead Don said:

Gambled on getting into group stages without buying a centre half or striker, when clearly required both a number of weeks ago. You reap what you sow!!!

Wouldn't of made any difference. Had we just missed out maybe but we were absolutely battered. Like someone said earlier if it was a decent pitch at away leg we would of been put before tonight.

3 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

This is it summed up perfectly. Cormack and Glass put all their eggs into the one European basket. The tried to do it on the cheap and got exactly what they deserved, out of Europe and out of the league cup. 

The thing is, at the level of money we can (arguably) and realistically afford, what difference would it have made?

Do you really think us having the likes of Jason Kerr & Jamie McGrath for example would’ve have made any difference to the outcome? 

We’d need to spend about £10m to have a chance to beat Qarabag - we don’t have one player that would get in their team.