3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I agree. 

But as yet Glass hasn't addressed it either. 

Brown is a good start but he can't do it all himself. We need to get the right type of players around him.  And that's not Ojo or Teddy Jenks. 

Last night was a wake-up call. If Cormack and Glass ignore it we will be in real trouble. The players they have bought in have had flashes of inspiration but none appear to have the quality needed for the long haul to make a challenge in the league. Glass got off to a good start but he now faces an uphill struggle to achieve consistent results. Same old, I think.

4 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

Last night was a wake-up call. If Cormack and Glass ignore it we will be in real trouble. The players they have bought in have had flashes of inspiration but none appear to have the quality needed for the long haul to make a challenge in the league. Glass got off to a good start but he now faces an uphill struggle to achieve consistent results. Same old, I think.

Aye.  They seem to have realised it beforehand though as the funds for the three being brought in over the last 24 hours would have been sanctioned before last night's game. 

17 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Saw who Quarabag got.

Fuck Kairat, Basel stadium alright, Omonia would have been ace.

I feel we could have got out of that group. Obviously I know it wouldn't have happened exactly like that, but theoretically.

Quarabag will get out of that group.

That's easy to say, but I don't know. We've no idea how they cope under pressure, as we didn't manage to put them under pressure at any stage over the two games.

We don't even know if their defenders are any good at defending. The full backs were great at making offensive runs, the centre backs stepped out well with the ball at their feet. But we never found out whether they can defend.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Saw who Quarabag got.

Fuck Kairat, Basel stadium alright, Omonia would have been ace.

I feel we could have got out of that group. Obviously I know it wouldn't have happened exactly like that, but theoretically.

Quarabag will get out of that group.

We would not have had that group.

Qarabag we’re pot 2. We would have been pot 3

4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Forgot about them ?

Wasn't Kennedy off to St Mirren. Did that deal not go through?

I can't think of anybody who would go for Devlin

Surely Devlin's next move will be retirement

Technically he already did retire, and he's collecting full pay as his pension, courtesy of Aberdeen Football Club.

13 hours ago, muttonhumper said:

Any team would look a decent side up against an abortion of a performance like we put in last night.

Aye, right enough. They looked well fucking average threatening to go 4 up by half time.

As I said on another post - however you dissect the dons performance I doubt we could have matched their level last night. On that showing they are a very decent side

23 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Lincoln Impsfrom Gibralter make the groupstages

Puts things into prospective

It doesn’t.

They had a separate pathway for lower league champions.

Their pathway was to get beat by Cluj in the Champions League, beat by Slovan Bratislava in the Europa League and then beat Skonto Riga in the Play-Off of the ECL.

ECL-POch: Play-off Round for Champions (10 clubs)
Seeded clubs                   coef.             Unseeded clubs                 coef.
------------------------ --- ----------------    ------------------------ --- ----------------
Zalgiris Vilnius &3      Lit   6.500             Bodø/Glimt @1            Nor   4.200
Flora Tallinn &3         Est   6.250             Shamrock Rovers @1       Irl   4.750
Kairat Almaty &3         Kaz   6.000             CS Fola Esch @1          Lux   5.250
Lincoln Red Imps &3      Gib   5.750             Riga FC @1               Lat   5.500
Neftchi Baku &3          Azb   5.000             Maccabi Haifa @1         Isr   4.875

We played Qarabag with a coefficient of 21.00. 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

Aye, right enough. They looked well fucking average threatening to go 4 up by half time.

As I said on another post - however you dissect the dons performance I doubt we could have matched their level last night. On that showing they are a very decent side

You are nae getting this min

They looked good as we were absolutely shite.

This is a thing. In fitba. And anything else.

It's easy to look good if you are up against a woeful and incompetent opponent.

That showing.

Yes. Indeed.

That showing.

Which was against shite.

Wish you cunts would stop making excuses for how bad we were on Thursday.

It's fucking pathetic.

Was actually thinking about how badly the performance rated in terms of all European games we've played at Pittodrie.

It was so fucking soul destroyingly  bad it rates in the top 3 home Euro horror shows.

Alongside Olomouc and Rijeka.

Honourable mentions to Bohemians and Zalgiris Vilnius.

The only other ones that come close, but still way behind Thursday.

Bohemians being a last 10 minutes of madness, not 90 minutes of drivel.

Vilnius we were 4-1 up from the away leg anyway.

1 hour ago, muttonhumper said:

You are nae getting this min

Wish you cunts would stop making excuses for how bad we were on Thursday.

I'm getting it clear as day - you reckon Thursday was entirely doon to the dons being shit. 

You're missing the bit where I agreed we were pish but doubt we could have matched that Qarabag performance regardless.

Pick your best dons performance under Glass and try comparing that to Qarabag on Thursday - I canna see this dons side matching that level. 

And stop calling me a cunt. Ye cunt 

2 hours ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

I'm getting it clear as day - you reckon Thursday was entirely doon to the dons being shit. 

You're missing the bit where I agreed we were pish but doubt we could have matched that Qarabag performance regardless.

Pick your best dons performance under Glass and try comparing that to Qarabag on Thursday - I canna see this dons side matching that level. 

And stop calling me a cunt. Ye cunt 

?

Nae bother ye cun hoor. ?