• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Watkins is a good player at our level when he's fit and in the mood... which unfortunately is about 1 in every 10 games. On that basis, Hedges is a bigger miss... he's more like 1 in 5 games.

We definitely need a far more consistent type of player. I would bin Watkins in the summer. 

1 hour ago, North_Andy_Dandy said:

I’d rather have Watkins over the likes of McLennan or Kennedy in the squad. Might be injured a lot but would still contribution more to a season than both of them.

Agree, find an upgrade and keep him as squad depth. Would at least cause the opposition some trouble coming off the bench unlike those two useless donkeys 

• 11 months later...
Guest milne_afc
11 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Caley was his level.  Is his level.

Quite telling that he was one of the best attacking players in the country when he led them to cup glory. 

1 minute ago, Helmet said:

Would be great to see Watkins move on this month as well as Ramirez and a new striking option brought in.

I'm probably expecting too much.

Looks like Ramirez will be gone. Can't really see anyone wanting Watkins though as he'll be on a good wage. Maybe we could send him off on loan for a few months though to save a wee bit of money. If we're only playing with 1 striker in a 4231 I'd use the youngsters, Harvey, Bavidge, or even give Pirie, as the 3rd striker and give them a spot on the bench every now n again until the end of the season - use any money saved to bring in a quality central defender.

2 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Looks like Ramirez will be gone. Can't really see anyone wanting Watkins though as he'll be on a good wage. Maybe we could send him off on loan for a few months though to save a wee bit of money. If we're only playing with 1 striker in a 4231 I'd use the youngsters, Harvey, Bavidge, or even give Pirie, as the 3rd striker and give them a spot on the bench every now n again until the end of the season - use any money saved to bring in a quality central defender.

If we moved on Watkins and Ramirez there's room for another striker - preferably a young prospect who has a bit more experience than the lads at the club.

And also to give more time to Harvey or Bavidge etc.