11 minutes ago, Feel said:

https://ibb.co/hBncMS7
https://ibb.co/KmqcpGh
Nothing major happened but Watkins was not keen to accept his embrace nor keen to even look at him. Turned away, blank face. Watkins is an unusual character, but it suggested to me that he knows he is gone. Not a reaction you would give to your boss for next season, or even your potential boss.

That’s the body language of a player who’s been told his contract isn’t getting renewed 

10 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Only argument for I can see is that there are so many due to be leaving in summer that having a couple of faces that know the club stay on would be good.

Downside, he's probably on a fairly expensive contract and unlikely to accept a drop in wages to what might be considered acceptable by the club for someone who is 33 on his next birthday and who is little more than a bench option under normal circumstances.

On balance, thanks for your service Marley and good luck for your future elsewhere.

Would agree with that. The oddity though is that wasn't there an offer for him in January and Robson wanted to keep him?

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Feel said:

https://ibb.co/hBncMS7
https://ibb.co/KmqcpGh
Nothing major happened but Watkins was not keen to accept his embrace nor keen to even look at him. Turned away, blank face. Watkins is an unusual character, but it suggested to me that he knows he is gone. Not a reaction you would give to your boss for next season, or even your potential boss.

Haha thanks for going to that effort!

Yeah he is a bit of an oddball though eh?

3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I took my boy to meet the players during one of the early games of the season and I felt he was a bit odd. All players were smiley, chatty and happy to get their photo with my boy but Marley seemed a bit awkward. Maybe he's just like that

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

He is certainly not an average human, for sure. Anyone at Pittodrie will tell you he is the one that baffles the foreigners. The whole interaction with Robson was more weird than those couple of stills could show.  He is a likeable character but probably needs a manager that, like him, is also a bit of an alternative thinker......

5 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I took my boy to meet the players during one of the early games of the season and I felt he was a bit odd. All players were smiley, chatty and happy to get their photo with my boy but Marley seemed a bit awkward. Maybe he's just like that

He absolutely is

There was an interview he did ages ago and he seemed to be On another planet

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Feel said:

He is certainly not an average human, for sure. Anyone at Pittodrie will tell you he is the one that baffles the foreigners. The whole interaction with Robson was more weird than those couple of stills could show.  He is a likeable character but probably needs a manager that, like him, is also a bit of an alternative thinker......

Haha in what way baffling the foreigners?

He had a really bizarre reaction to a hard challenge against Hearts, looked like a madman

11 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Exactly. Average age will be pretty high already because of the likes of Hayes, possibly Shinnie & Devlin? 
Disgusting as it sounds but I would actually prefer (strictly on abilities) we took in Arfield 🤮🤮🤮🤮 over Watkins if we went for another aged squadder. 

I will accept numerous dildos for this post without any protests 🤣 

I said to my pal last night that despite being an odious cretin, Arfield is a very good player at this level and is the type of arsehole we benefit from having in our squad.

He'll end up at Hearts is my prediction. 

2 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

I said to my pal last night that despite being an odious cretin, Arfield is a very good player at this level and is the type of arsehole we benefit from having in our squad.

After i put McGregor (the only Hun in the whole squad that had the confidence to challenge me) to the sword at pool, Arfield asked when i was giving the table up cause they didn't fancy their chances and wanted to play amongst themselves. True story. I'll be regaling this tale to my grandkids. @Dad

5 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

He'll end up at Hearts is my prediction. 

Yeah Hearts is definitely the most likely destination for him I believe 

4 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

After i put McGregor (the only Hun in the whole squad that had the confidence to challenge me) to the sword at pool, Arfield asked when i was giving the table up cause they didn't fancy their chances and wanted to play amongst themselves. True story. I'll be regaling this tale to my grandkids. @Dad

And you readily gave the table up, saluted arfield, then moseyed on your way whistling Tina turner didnae you you wee bastard 

Come on now 

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Dad said:

And you readily gave the table up, saluted arfield, then moseyed on your way whistling Tina turner didnae you you wee bastard 

Come on now 

I brought the only game hun to his knees, bowed and broken. Then left them to their sinister devices and went downstairs for a pint. 

4 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

I recall you telling this story before.

Sure it came after a forum discussion about pub sports and/or tup. Can't exactly remember. 

5 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Hope your grandkid asks the obvious “why didn’t you put the pool cue over mcgregors heed” with tangible disappointment/disgust in their voice

• Upvote 1