Aberdeen 1 - 2 Celtic

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

This 

See this?

I'm close to being done on here

If only

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

No, not delighted, we didn’t get what we deserved.

I am enjoying watching us far more than the last 6 months of last season though.

How about you, you not looking forward to the next game?

You’re not being negative and angry enough. What’s wrong with you?

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Maybe I’m not blinded by the focus only on results.?

I understand that SG has a concept he wants to impose. There are some strange things he needs to explain. Why the strange fixation with average central midfielders. Why Gurr? If Ramsay gets injured that’s our right back. Why didn’t we fix the defence as a real priority? Why did we choose as a star striker a bench warmer from the US. Is it because that’s all he knows and is presumptuous enough to assume all things US are better? It’s a mess of his (and DCs ) making. Results matter too - that’s why we’re in the bottom third. 

Guest milne_afc
7 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

But people on here said they wanted change? That they’d give time to whoever took over?

Surely not hypocrisy on a huge scale?

Nobody wanted this.

Dave Cormack having a massive game of Footy Manager under the guise of giving emerging talent(lol) an opportunity.

58 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

Yogi Hughes would have us at least 9 points better off at this stage. Absolute no question.  

Why is he out of work then ?

And that’s some talent you’ve got....knowing with absolute certainty just how a team would have fared under a different manager. Kinda wasted on here to be honest.

Or maybe you’re just full of shit.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

We created more than Celtic today.

we turned the game round and we’re beating St Mirren till Collum sent Jenks off

We created more than St Johnstone

We created more than Motherwell]

we created more than Ross county.

All these teams however have been clinical with their opportunities

+1

You’re up against it on here pal.

Some right miserable negative bastards that dont go to games. Just mouth off on the internet. 

• Upvote 3
53 minutes ago, Stevdon1962 said:

I'll get shot down for this but apart from his goal, I thought Ferguson wasn't great again... I honestly think mcrorie would be much better in with brown, can drive forward a lot better etc, he's wasted at centre back

McRorie should be in midfield.

Ferguson had a decent 2nd half.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I agree and are glad someone else sees this. However my fear is the players start to loose faith and confidence if things don't turn quickly.

1 hour ago, Crossbow said:

I understand that SG has a concept he wants to impose. There are some strange things he needs to explain. Why the strange fixation with average central midfielders. Why Gurr? If Ramsay gets injured that’s our right back. Why didn’t we fix the defence as a real priority? Why did we choose as a star striker a bench warmer from the US. Is it because that’s all he knows and is presumptuous enough to assume all things US are better? It’s a mess of his (and DCs ) making. Results matter too - that’s why we’re in the bottom third. 

Gurr has played, not been good enough and then hasn’t featured again. He’s backup, nothing more. Weird thing to fixate on.

1 hour ago, milne_afc said:

Nobody wanted this.

Dave Cormack having a massive game of Footy Manager under the guise of giving emerging talent(lol) an opportunity.

Aye but nobody said it would all be roses, did they? There was absolutely nothing to suggest that we are some kind of sleeping giant just needing to click into gear and then success is delivered. There’s too many of our supporters stuck in the past that thought this would happen, still under the delusion that we are a big club or somehow relevant in Europe.

The ones on about “loser mentality” are the types that when they were kids would have an absolute meltdown if they weren’t winning all the time and had to given a prize just to shut them up. Probably have Thai brides and enjoy watching James Cordon.

• Haha 1
Guest milne_afc
2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Aye but nobody said it would all be roses, did they? There was absolutely nothing to suggest that we are some kind of sleeping giant just needing to click into gear and then success is delivered. There’s too many of our supporters stuck in the past that thought this would happen, still under the delusion that we are a big club or somehow relevant in Europe.

Glad we agree. There’s hope yet, that one day, we’ll dock under the bar of a city centre pub.

?

1 hour ago, redone said:

Why is he out of work then ?

And that’s some talent you’ve got....knowing with absolute certainty just how a team would have fared under a different manager. Kinda wasted on here to be honest.

Or maybe you’re just full of shit.

There's this guy called Antonia Conte, maybe you have heard of him. Zinedine Zidane maybe, heard of him? Both out of work too, must be shite managers if that's your benchmark eh? Or maybe you are just full of shit. 

Your are wasted on here too with your talents  so why don't you just take your cocksucking skills elsewhere and grant me some peace. Toodle pip. 

3 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

But people on here said they wanted change? That they’d give time to whoever took over?

Surely not hypocrisy on a huge scale?

I remember some on here actually saying they would rather have the exciting football of a relegation battle than watching the shit the McInnes was serving up each week

41 minutes ago, perthshirered said:

There's this guy called Antonia Conte, maybe you have heard of him. Zinedine Zidane maybe, heard of him? Both out of work too, must be shite managers if that's your benchmark eh? Or maybe you are just full of shit. 

Your are wasted on here too with your talents  so why don't you just take your cocksucking skills elsewhere and grant me some peace. Toodle pip. 

Wait , you’re actually using managers who between them have won multiple titles in Spain , Italy and England and Champions Leagues .......as a comparison.with John Hughes ? ??,   Full of shit doesn’t do you justice.

And leave me out of your Gaylord fantasies please. 

5 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

You don't get points for creating more chances than the opposition, or for having more possession than the opposition. You get points for scoring more goals than them.

54 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

You don't get points for creating more chances than the opposition, or for having more possession than the opposition. You get points for scoring more goals than them.

No shit Sherlock 

I’ve said numerous times, we need to learn to be more clinical.

Its still far better than the 2nd half of last season 

7 hours ago, Don_Corleone said:

Disappointing result yet again. People will say we put in a good performance considering it was Celtic - but Celtic are nowhere near as good as they were even last season - other than maybe Kyogo, Turnball and McGregor they are a very average side.

I'm sick of Glass playing this 433 thing where there's nobody within a million miles of Ramirez. You can see when he takes the ball in with other players near him he can hold it up and flick it on etc, but for most of this season he's been ploughing a lone furrow which is likely only exhausting him and deflating him.

I'm also sick of these loanees from England. Why sign Longstaff when we have McGeouch who is a better player in that position? Why sign Samuels when we already have a fast headless chicken called McLennan who probably offers more? Don't even get me started on Jenks (hope his suspension lasts the rest of the season).

I have absolute no idea what we are supposed to be doing with that 433. At the start of the season, where we looked semi decent, our shape looked more like a 4 1 3 2, with some variations for 3 at the back, or the ability to move in another holding midfielder.

Is Longstaff even good? If so why did his current employers not keep him? One game against Man U, and the opinions of the worlds worst type of football pundit (Internet forums of over hyped guffy shite) is hardly a ringing endorsement. 

why has Deano not been given a run? It’s not like those keeping him out of the starting 11 are in a rich vain of form.

17 hours ago, Terrorfex said:

That is absolutely dreadful from Bates. Awful positioning.

Unbelievably woeful defending by Bates 

Bates had time too a least make a effort but he made no effort at all 

Not impressed by efforts 

Not sure what Hamburg actually saw in the guy 

To date he looks like another long list of defenders who cannot defend 

I hope I am wrong 

1 hour ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Unbelievably woeful defending by Bates 

Bates had time too a least make a effort but he made no effort at all 

Not impressed by efforts 

Not sure what Hamburg actually saw in the guy 

To date he looks like another long list of defenders who cannot defend 

I hope I am wrong 

I agree about Bates, but Jack MacKenzie’s part in both goals appears to being overlooked. 
His complete lack of awareness on the 2nd goal showed zero defensive awareness or anticipation. 

6 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

No shit Sherlock 

I’ve said numerous times, we need to learn to be more clinical.

Its still far better than the 2nd half of last season 

We don’t seem to be learning anything, that’s the problem. We’ve not learnt to stop giving away soft goals, we’ve not learnt to score goals, we’ve not learnt simple things like the fact Ramirez needs someone playing alongside him etc etc.

Of course it’s better than the second half of last season - pretty much anything would be. Results wise though it’s pretty much the same, if not worse when you take into account the fact that he’s now been able to sign a full team worth of new players.

I wish I had your optimism mate, but I just don’t have any reasons to be confident that the management team will turn things around.

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I agree about Bates, but Jack MacKenzie’s part in both goals appears to being overlooked. 
His complete lack of awareness on the 2nd goal showed zero defensive awareness or anticipation. 

I'd agree MacKenzie has been culpable of a couple of times of letting the wide player get across him and in front for an easy goal.

Their second yesterday, the Breidablik first over there spring to mind.

He's still young and hopefully its something he can recognise and work on 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

We don’t seem to be learning anything, that’s the problem. We’ve not learnt to stop giving away soft goals, we’ve not learnt to score goals, we’ve not learnt simple things like the fact Ramirez needs someone playing alongside him etc etc.

Of course it’s better than the second half of last season - pretty much anything would be. Results wise though it’s pretty much the same, if not worse when you take into account the fact that he’s now been able to sign a full team worth of new players.

I wish I had your optimism mate, but I just don’t have any reasons to be confident that the management team will turn things around.

Rome wasn't built in a day, it takes time to mould a team.

We have a different view and expectations of where we ought to be at this stage of the transition. Whilst I would have liked us to accumulate more points as we should have deserved for our play, it does warrant a bit more patience to realise this target.

It may not come to pass and you guys may be correct about Glass. I'm just not ready to give up given the improvement in our play that I've seen