Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The bottom half after the split is just not a place you ever want to be unless you're a masochist. 

Especially in a tight season like this one where a couple of wins or defeats can change things dramatically. 

Only need to look at Hibs when they went down. We're doing an absolute carbon copy of them. All their fans said they were too good to go down and then down they went. Seen it all over Twitter. Fans saying that although we are poor we are still too good to go down. I don't see it that way. I don't think we will go down. But to say we are too good to do so is just absolute shite. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

The bottom half after the split is just not a place you ever want to be unless you're a masochist. 

Especially in a tight season like this one where a couple of wins or defeats can change things dramatically. 

Exactly - teams like Ross County, Livingston and Dundee are used to the scrap. St Johnstone as bad as they've been this season always seem to improve in the second half of the season.

9 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

How so? Our latest form has us on less than a point per game. Trust you to be so basic you have to focus on me stating our season average & not having the mental abilities to think outside of what is written 

You don't have the mental ability to understand your own posts, so don't try starting on anyone else

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

You don't have the mental ability to understand your own posts, so don't try starting on anyone else

Your arrogance & delusions of grandeur greatly exceeds your intelligence. 
Your attempts at being clever are like watching a puppy barking at itself when seeing itself in a mirror for the first time. 

Cute & funny but we wonder when it will finally figure it out & realise it’s naivety 

• Haha 3
10 minutes ago, Redtillimdead said:

Is Steve Paterson available?

The reason Milne hired him was just a bit of misfortune….he didn’t quite catch what the other board members said when they quipped make sure the new manager is a priority appointment. He misheard and thought they said the new manager has a priory appointment. 
Welcome Steve Paterson 

• Haha 1

Pie and Bovril has taken an interesting turn the last day or so. 

Seems to be three posters spamming the Aberdeen thread with a new rhetoric that Glass is in fact a good coach and it is the players who are unable to adapt to his progressive methods and that all will be well in the summer when he gets new players capable of implementing his tactics. 

Appears too coincidental not to be an intentional and coordinated ploy to change the narrative. 

4 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Seems to be three posters spamming the Aberdeen thread with a new rhetoric that Glass is in fact a good coach and it is the players who are unable to adapt to his progressive methods and that all will be well in the summer when he gets new players capable of implementing his tactics. 

Appears too coincidental not to be an intentional and coordinated ploy to change the narrative. 

Then the whole team will be singing the Stars and Stripes before each game starts. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That is totally ludicrous. How can a whole squad of players be unable to adapt.

15 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

With each passing transfer window, there are less and less players from the old regime.  Therefore if the players can't adapt it must be a failing of the people responsible for tranfers. As such they should be sacked. 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What are these progressive methods and tactics? To me there's not much difference to the McInnes era on the pitch. Just a bit more pointless passing about between defence and midfield than we used to have. It's pretty much same formation and same issues with lack of creativity and a losing mentality. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

What are these progressive methods and tactics? To me there's not much difference to the McInnes era on the pitch. Just a bit more pointless passing about between defence and midfield than we used to have. It's pretty much same formation and same issues with lack of creativity and a losing mentality. 

It's actually worse now, some people just like to claim it's a bold new era and can see progress. 

I'll not be renewing next season if Glass is still here. Although I may have mentioned that 311 times now. 

Goodwin is who I would want. Just like his passion on the touchline, his signings have been way more effective than Glass's this season and on a much lesser budget. Sadly can't see Dave bothering his arse to take stock and action at the lack of progress or entertainment that we were promised.

50 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

It's actually worse now, some people just like to claim it's a bold new era and can see progress. 

I'll not be renewing next season if Glass is still here. Although I may have mentioned that 311 times now. 

Goodwin is who I would want. Just like his passion on the touchline, his signings have been way more effective than Glass's this season and on a much lesser budget. Sadly can't see Dave bothering his arse to take stock and action at the lack of progress or entertainment that we were promised.

Much worse. 

When the football was dull (eye watering poor)at least we could keep a clean sheet and gain a point under Mcinnes. 

every team playing us this season is almost guaranteed to score. This in turn puts more pressure on our forwards, sorry, forward.