Stephen Glass: What should we do?

Stephen Glass: What do we do?   

292 members have voted

1. 1. Stephen Glass: What do we do?

• Sack him immediately
    • If we lose to Dundee
    • Review at end of October
    • Give him the full season

Fair play to the team in the second half but where's this passion every game, v livi, v St Mirren, Ross County, etc 

All good wanting to prove a point v your old employers in the case of Brown or Hayes, or Ferguson who really raises his game against Celtic for some reason...

It almost makes it worse, where's the determination against the run of the mill.  Play like that for the the next 3 games and we are on Heart's tail.  But we won't.  

It's another defeat, another 0 points, another failure.  

11 hours ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

Glass has not even had 40 games in charge yet (not far off granted).  We sat through Alex Miller's pish for longer and with even poorer results, so lets not be too hasty.

Yes, its not good enough, but we are mid table and still have a chance of eeking into the euro places  (though I am ever less optimistic about that).

My concern is bringing in a new manager when the club is already unsettled just heaps pressure onto an already hard time, as the new regime beds in.

I dont think we are anywhere near bad enough to be down at the relegation zone and so if a change is necessary is it not better to wait till summer, when a more orderly and measured move can be made?  And when the new guy has time to take stock and consider his plans, rather than be distracted by our current league placing and fan angst?

I do think its a very short time to be getting rid of a new manager: unless its a very rich club, its very rare that a new boss comes in anywhere and is an instant flawless success.  I had feared this exact situation after getting rid of boring but dependable McInnes.

I think Cormack is far too personally invested in Glass to get rid any time soon.

Edit - what candidates are there available, to replace glass?  Alex Neil?

Get a grip we're in a relegation battle right now in 9th place. 

Unbelievable Jeff!

37 minutes ago, Clydeside_Sheep said:

We are about 4 points off a euro qualifier place mate, 8 points off a relegation play off.

Yes, its not good enough, but lets not panic for fucks sake.

At least its exciting.

But in all honesty under this current shitshow we are far more likely to get closer to ‘relegation’ play offs points area than we are European place. Even with the game in hand as if truth be told that game in hand is just as likely to send us backwards even more (via gd) as it is forward with points 

We are still roughly 10+ points away from safely avoiding the play off spot. Not even sure this side has 10 points in them from remaining 13 games. We are only just above averaging a point a game as it is & have been at that very average a couple of times this season. 
Add in the fact that we are struggling to get any results against the bottom six sides & it doesn’t bode well for us should we end up in bottom six post split.

Not really that outrageous to suggest we could end up in a play off v Mcinnes’s Killie to stay up ?

5 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

But in all honesty under this current shitshow we are far more likely to get closer to ‘relegation’ play offs points area than we are European place. Even with the game in hand as if truth be told that game in hand is just as likely to send us backwards even more (via gd) as it is forward with points 

Game in hand is v St Johnstone isn’t it? A real 6 pointer.

If we lose that then I don’t see how anyone can say we aren’t in a relegation scrap.

9 hours ago, DD1903 said:

If he isn't away before Saturday, it's a joke. If we lose on Saturday, then he definitely has to go

It's curtains on Saturday if we get beat.

St.J on Tuesday (15th) that we really need points from then back down to Motherwell on the Saturday. Tight schedule.