January 2022 transfer window

22 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

Ach I da ken, as I have said before if we can get him to agree to being kept locked up in a padded cell under 24 hour security in between games and only allowed on match days he could be a great signing ? even under that restrictions he would probably still go on to score more than Snodgrass ffs 

Just take his mobile off him…he will be like a new man ?

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

? Do we leave him with his Ipad or a laptop or do we confiscate them as well, what about netflix and tv shows do we put a parental lock password on them  ?

I don’t think he has the intelligence to work an iPod or laptop. As long as we take his Nokia off him he will do us well next season. At least we will have someone who can take a free kick.

• Haha 1
33 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye the real question is why we're in a position where we need to consider paying a boy who won't be giving a flying shit about Aberdeen a premium to come in for a few months. 

Most players don’t care about a club they play for. They come for money 

3 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

I have actually been discussing this at work….Griffiths or Snodgrass. I don’t see the point of taking Snodgrass. 

Yep it's an out and out striker we require not a hybrid winger/attacking midfielder

The only problem I see with Griffiths is unless we offered him stupid money, he's likely to prefer any offer coming from a club based in the central belt as it wouldn't entail living away in a hotel for 4 months. I get that he comes with a shitload of baggage but he does get goals which is what we require. On a deal purely until the end of this season he makes sense. The upside for him is he could use it as a chance to really get himself fit before the summer in order to boost his chances of getting a longer term deal elsewhere......rather than sit in a hotel room after training he could do every afternoon in the gym 

No doubt Snodgrass was good a few years back, and Brown has shown that despite being mid-30s he can still offer a fair bit. Difference is Brown has never really been bothered with injuries, whereas I think Snodgrass has been. He's certainly better than Ojo or Jenks, but I don't know how often he'd play, and Glass would just shoehorn Ojo into central defence to make sure he got a game.

The season is a write off for me - I really don't think it's going to get any better while Glass is still in charge, even if we bring in Snodgrass and Griffiths. We've been honking all season even when we had the likes of Hedges and Watkins fit. On paper we've still got a starting 11 that should be able to beat most teams in the league, yet we can't seem to beat any. Bringing Snodgrass or even Griffiths in probably won't make much difference while Glass is still organising the team.

Snodgrass back on as the dons failed to beat of stiff opposition from Falkirk for the signature of Griffiths. 

Griffiths stating that he chose Falkirk ahead of the dons as he believes there is more chance of some more silverwear and medals  at Falkirk as he comes towards the end of his career he wants to end it on a high 

fair enough ??‍♂️

14 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

Snodgrass back on as the dons failed to beat of stiff opposition from Falkirk for the signature of Griffiths. 

Griffiths stating that he chose Falkirk ahead of the dons as he believes there is more chance of some more silverwear and medals  at Falkirk as he comes towards the end of his career he wants to end it on a high 

fair enough ??‍♂️

I am really surprised Griffiths turned us down, he  normally doesn’t turn anyone down.

If Davie Cormack just made that video call instead of continuing this ridiculous hiding spell.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Yep it's an out and out striker we require not a hybrid winger/attacking midfielder

The only problem I see with Griffiths is unless we offered him stupid money, he's likely to prefer any offer coming from a club based in the central belt as it wouldn't entail living away in a hotel for 4 months. I get that he comes with a shitload of baggage but he does get goals which is what we require. On a deal purely until the end of this season he makes sense. The upside for him is he could use it as a chance to really get himself fit before the summer in order to boost his chances of getting a longer term deal elsewhere......rather than sit in a hotel room after training he could do every afternoon in the gym 

Thats the only problem you can see?

Hes scored 3 goals this season. Twice against our shite lot and the other a penalty in the cup I think. 

7 last season. 12 before that. 6 before that. 13 before that. He is not scoring goals. He's only scored 4 goals for Scotland. All in 2017.

It is now 6 seasons since he banged in 40. Thats over. 

And he's a paedo.

1 minute ago, starryfish said:

Taking in Snodgrass after getting rid of McGinn wouldn't make a huge deal of sense to me, sounds like someone in the club likely leaked it to the press to try to placate fans.

Come on. Only thing they have in common is age. To go for an extreme measure would you take Messi who is also 34 or should we stick with Ojo?

Snodgrass is/was far better than McGinn

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Taking in Snodgrass after getting rid of McGinn wouldn't make a huge deal of sense to me, sounds like someone in the club likely leaked it to the press to try to placate fans.

Agree with this.  Its definitely been leaked just to appease the fans.  The articles have absolutely zero substance to it.  Surely the player knows if he wants to move back to Scotland or not…    No doubt we will be linked to another high profile out of contract player before the weekend.  

5 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

Is he better than who we are currently playing in that position? 

I'd say, yes, therefore get him in. There won't be a lot of options and we really need something extra up front.

Does it smack of desperation?

Also yes.

McGinn, Kennedy, McLennan, even Jet would be better than Ojo in that position.

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Thats the only problem you can see?

Hes scored 3 goals this season. Twice against our shite lot and the other a penalty in the cup I think. 

7 last season. 12 before that. 6 before that. 13 before that. He is not scoring goals. He's only scored 4 goals for Scotland. All in 2017.

It is now 6 seasons since he banged in 40. Thats over. 

And he's a paedo.

And he's signed for Falkirk

Debate over

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I am stunned folk are turning their nose up at Snodgrass on a short term contract. He's been brilliant his whole career. We have been playing far worse players in his position all season... dont make me name him. 

Exactly. Even though we really should be after a striker I would definitely have preferred we signed Snodgrass on a short term deal rather than Griffiths. Hopefully Snodgrass can be fit enough to bench Ojo.

35 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

And he's signed for Falkirk

Debate over

That shows the state AFC is in when even a Manic Depressive turns his nose up at the famous dons, and states there’s more chance of silverware at a championship club like Falkirk, and then we have the inspirational manager of the dons Rudolph Hess who looks like he’s still in spandau prison.  

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Exactly. Even though we really should be after a striker I would definitely have preferred we signed Snodgrass on a short term deal rather than Griffiths. Hopefully Snodgrass can be fit enough to bench Ojo.

Snodgrass won’t happen it’s a smoke screen rumour to appease the happy clappers.   Excuses Excuses Excuses is all you will get from Cormack and glass bottom on how they tried to sign the players they needed BUT just couldn’t get it over the line, something like the present shit the team dish up.