January 2022 transfer window

2 hours ago, Dave Bus said:

Peterborough want 500k

Not really.

The chairman joked in a tweet reply to a Plymouth fan. who asked if they if they could keep, and he said they could if they gave half a million for him.

They paid £150K then after half a season sent him out to Burton where he didn't get much game time. He was put on transfer list last summer and got a loan to Plymouth. Did really well at start of season but since the manager there left for Plymouth and Danny Mayor came back from injury he has not been a regular starter. I'd suspect a fee not far from what they paid would be a more likely sum.

Doesn't seem like he would be a like for like replacement as unlike Hedges he is not a left footer and doesn't have the same pace. Played his best football at Cheltenham and then at Plymouth this season when starting position is in a more central attacking midfield/ number 10 position but allowed to float out to a wide position to create. Hedges has tended to be the opposite in that he has a wide starting position but cuts inside inside onto his left foot. 

Broom has also played as a right wing back so rather than a replacement for Hedges maybe we are looking at Broom as a replacement for Ojo. Glass was trying to play Ojo earlier in the season in an attacking role similar to where Broom has been playing well. 

Broom missed the Plymouth game at the weekend as he has Covid so nothing will be happening with signing him at the moment anyway until he is out of isolation. 

3 hours ago, minijc said:

So far McGrath is not on our level, American boy is playing highland league level and is shite, we shouldn't be buying players from England as it's what Richardson and McInnes were doing, fantatsic.

I like to give all our signings a chance but this guy doesn’t even fill me with confidence. Paying any money for him seems to much if he comes it should be for free, or maybe they even pay a portion of his wages till his contract would of been up. 
Id say the problem is bar cosgrove have we had any success signing any players from the lower leagues in England 

6 minutes ago, thurso said:

I like to give all our signings a chance but this guy doesn’t even fill me with confidence. Paying any money for him seems to much if he comes it should be for free, or maybe they even pay a portion of his wages till his contract would of been up. 
Id say the problem is bar cosgrove have we had any success signing any players from the lower leagues in England 

Joe Lewis in his first few seasons?

Russell Anderson......although I suppose we knew what we were getting quality wise despite his injury troubles down south

4 hours ago, minijc said:

So far McGrath is not on our level, American boy is playing highland league level and is shite, we shouldn't be buying players from England as it's what Richardson and McInnes were doing, fantatsic.

It's nuts. 

I genuinely don't know who we're meant to sign. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

The majority are open to McGrath and the young American lad. Mini is just being over dramatic. 

The boy from Peterborough sounds complete shite though. 

Playing a similar level to Hedges when we got him. I think hedges has been an ok value for money signing overall. 

I'll wait and see. 

I get the impression he was signed for Peterborough under the impression Dembele would leave, that hasn't happened and he can't get in the team, and he's now out on loan to play games. 

I wouldn't like to say if he is or don't complete shite, because I honestly haven't seen him play. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Playing a similar level to Hedges when we got him. I think hedges has been an ok value for money signing overall. 

I'll wait and see. 

I get the impression he was signed for Peterborough under the impression Dembele would leave, that hasn't happened and he can't get in the team, and he's now out on loan to play games. 

I wouldn't like to say if he is or don't complete shite, because I honestly haven't seen him play. 

See above reply to mini 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hedges was capped before he came to us.  And was only 22/23. And we never paid a fee. 

This guy has done fuck all and is mid twenties. And they want a fee. 

Can you see the difference? 

Believe hedges was 24. 

Wales cap anyone who's Granny has been on holiday to Wrexham and plays professional football. 

They want a fee because they've just paid money for him a year ago, much of which is outstanding. 

They don't want 500 k as someone said, it'll be between 80-100K. 

6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Hedges was capped before he came to us.  And was only 22/23. And we never paid a fee. 

This guy has done fuck all and is mid twenties. And they want a fee. 

Can you see the difference? 

It's hardly the end of the world is it?  The fee won't be that much and this guy is clearly having a good season, unlike Hedges he can use both of his feet so for me that's an upgrade.

Hedges got let go because he had a poor injury record and he was very hit or miss for Barnsley, this lad has had 2 injuries, missing a total of 11 games, he's outperformed what Hedges managed in those leagues.

17 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Believe hedges was 24. 

Wales cap anyone who's Granny has been on holiday to Wrexham and plays professional football. 

They want a fee because they've just paid money for him a year ago, much of which is outstanding. 

Hope you're right and I'm wrong. 

17 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Believe hedges was 24. 

Except Ryan Broom.....

• Upvote 1