January 2022 transfer window

1 hour ago, Granite95 said:

Wouldnt mind seeing a 3 at the back with McCrorie and Bates either side of Gallagher.

Allows Ramsay and even Mackenzie more license to push forward, guess time will tell if Gallagher adapts to some form of ball playing

Biggest flaw in your wishes there is the big useless fk you wish to be in between the other two mediocre (at best) ‘defenders’

Otherwise it sounds like a great plan

On 1/8/2022 at 5:38 PM, ThomohawkKid said:

Cosgrove is a perfect example of what our model should be. Sign low, get our worth, punt at peak value.

Cosgrove was shite, still is shite and will always be shite, never a football player in a million years.
The bit of financial business he brought to the club was great (yes) but was more good fortune as opposed to good business as such, he is a fkn donkey who had a wee purple patch with a shitload of penalties and we offloaded him for decent cash well done to the club for that, now look where he is (almost down at the level he should be) but I still think Shrewsbury town is too good for him and it looks like the gaffer there also thinks the same as he hardly gets any game time at all.

Saying things like cosgrove is a perfect example of what our model should be is utter bollox. IF!!!!!! the club chose to adopt the likes of that model we drop down the leagues rapidly, starting with championship next season and struggle to stay up in there.

I shaks ma heed 

22 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

Cosgrove was shite, still is shite and will always be shite, never a football player in a million years.
The bit of financial business he brought to the club was great (yes) but was more good fortune as opposed to good business as such, he is a fkn donkey who had a wee purple patch with a shitload of penalties and we offloaded him for decent cash well done to the club for that, now look where he is (almost down at the level he should be) but I still think Shrewsbury town is too good for him and it looks like the gaffer there also thinks the same as he hardly gets any game time at all.

Saying things like cosgrove is a perfect example of what our model should be is utter bollox. IF!!!!!! the club chose to adopt the likes of that model we drop down the leagues rapidly, starting with championship next season and struggle to stay up in there.

I shaks ma heed 

It’s ok. He’s gone. Cosgrove has gone. We got £2m for him to go. Somebody paid us to take him off our hands. Isn’t that swell??

40 minutes ago, El Pacino said:

It’s ok. He’s gone. Cosgrove has gone. We got £2m for him to go. Somebody paid us to take him off our hands. Isn’t that swell??

swell indeed, but what isn't so swell is folks suggesting that Cosgrove is the perfect example of what our club business model should be ffs.

Can you imagine the state of our club if that was used as the benchmark for our club's business model, the very thought of every signing coming in and going forward from here to be of the same sort of standard as Sam fkn Cosgrove, it beggars belief that some folks can even think that way ffs. 

23 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

swell indeed, but what isn't so swell is folks suggesting that Cosgrove is the perfect example of what our club business model should be ffs.

Can you imagine the state of our club if that was used as the benchmark for our club's business model, the very thought of every signing coming in and going forward from here to be of the same sort of standard as Sam fkn Cosgrove, it beggars belief that some folks can even think that way ffs. 

This purple patch that lasted 18 months, we cashed in at a good time. How many players have we ran their contract down and made no profit? 
Whether or not you rate his ability, Cosgrove was ? a great example of our model. Sign young, develop, move on. 20k into 2m. 

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

This purple patch that lasted 18 months, we cashed in at a good time. How many players have we ran their contract down and made no profit? 
Whether or not you rate his ability, Cosgrove was ? a great example of our model. Sign young, develop, move on. 20k into 2m. 

It might have been McInness model but I hope it's not ours going forward because you have to rely on the other teams scouting network being entirely incompetent to offer that money - Cosgrove was a donkey of a player at his best - his purple patch consisted of many penalties and sub standard European opposition - there were a couple of nice goals in the mix but the reality is we were outrageously lucky to get that sum for him - our business model should not be to rely on outrageous luck (despite what Napoleon said).

• Like 1
1 hour ago, blowupsheep said:

So should we be challenging all the EPL clubs for young talent? 

No, we deal in scraps and whatever Cosgroves failings we made about 10 times the money back.

He played like 2 years and scored about 30 goals then got punted, whats not to like.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

No, we deal in scraps and whatever Cosgroves failings we made about 10 times the money back.

He played like 2 years and scored about 30 goals then got punted, whats not to like.

100 times the money.  Great bit of business by the club (for once!)

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Lol. Turns oot that Harry Ingolfson is that crackpot woman that wore red and white shoes and hired a brass band to add some atmosphere at Dons games.

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

The bleach blonde wifie?

Ah ha, those were the days, when the most active bleach blonde in the hale of Aberdeen was Fool Annie the hooker, and to this day I was not aware that her real name was indeed Harry Ingolfson, every day's a school day. Now fool annie could do some amazing things with balls (allegedly ? )

• Haha 1
45 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

It might have been McInness model but I hope it's not ours going forward because you have to rely on the other teams scouting network being entirely incompetent to offer that money - Cosgrove was a donkey of a player at his best - his purple patch consisted of many penalties and sub standard European opposition - there were a couple of nice goals in the mix but the reality is we were outrageously lucky to get that sum for him - our business model should not be to rely on outrageous luck (despite what Napoleon said).

Nail on the head pal, nail on the head.

It's hard to disagree with any of that, spot on min 

7 minutes ago, blowupsheep said:

Ah ha, those were the days, when the most active bleach blonde in the hale of Aberdeen was Fool Annie the hooker, and to this day I was not aware that her real name was indeed Harry Ingolfson, every day's a school day. Now fool annie could do some amazing things with balls (allegedly ? )

? i honestly think Harry Ingolfson is mainstandmoan as quite a few recent exclusives haven’t been the best at all. Fool Annie is maybe the real identity though and that would explain a lot why some of the exclusives are known by Annie/mainstandmoan/Ingolfson. We had a former employee who liked a hooker so I can only come to the conclusion someone ITK at the club is paying to tell Annie what is happening regarding transfers whilst getting sucked for Scotland. 

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

? i honestly think Harry Ingolfson is mainstandmoan as quite a few recent exclusives haven’t been the best at all. Fool Annie is maybe the real identity though and that would explain a lot why some of the exclusives are known by Annie/mainstandmoan/Ingolfson. We had a former employee who liked a hooker so I can only come to the conclusion someone ITK at the club is paying to tell Annie what is happening regarding transfers whilst getting sucked for Scotland. 

Was she not on Twitter before as GioVasari or something? I got a few snippets from her the season we signed James Wilson on loan from Man U. She messaged me a couple of days before and told me about it. Then she just vanished ?. This must be her 2nd coming. 

22 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Was she not on Twitter before as GioVasari or something? I got a few snippets from her the season we signed James Wilson on loan from Man U. She messaged me a couple of days before and told me about it. Then she just vanished ?. This must be her 2nd coming. 

Don't think Gio is the Harry Ingolfson

3 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

The aim of the game is to score more goals than the other team. Couldn’t give a monkeys fuck if it’s pretty or not.

59 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

She was maybe trying to pull you but took the huff when you didn’t catch on to her advances?! ?

4 hours ago, blowupsheep said:

You're missing the point a bit because you are focusing on the individual player rather than the business behind it.

Buy a player cheap, develop him, sell him on for £2m ish profit while getting a meaningful contribution on the pitch during their time here is a great business model. 

In non covid times, that £2m could have picked up 2/3 quality players for a few seasons that would improve the team as a whole.

(Queue joke about the money being wasted on American dross....)

• Upvote 4
3 hours ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

47 goals in 103 games according to wiki. 

Statistically one of our best ever strikers I'd imagine.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

Incorrect again.....................you're consistent, I'll give you that.

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Meanwhile, one defender who could be leaving the club is Jack Gurr.

The 26-year-old has featured ten times since joining in the summer after leaving Atlanta United.

There is interest in the player from clubs in the United States and Aberdeen are allowing the player to make his decision on his future.

There canna be serious interest surely 

1 hour ago, mainstandmoan said:

Incorrect again.....................you're consistent, I'll give you that.

In fairness you really didn’t think I thought you were Fool Annie?…I was trying to give you a laugh at the comparison(s). I am watching you closer than normal now though for the reason Davie Cormack is pulling you folk up now. You could well be the next one.