January 2022 transfer window

You'd probably need to think that any other players who we have held talks with might be having 2nd thoughts when they read the comments aswell. It doesn't come across like Glass is the sort of manager you'd want to work under in all honesty. If a player wants to see what other options might turn up then they get Glass accusing them of being a big bottle merchant. I know whenever i've gone for a new job if i've went for 2 interviews and 1 offered me a role before i'd heard from the other there's not a chance i'd be accepting it before finding out whether the other one was successful or not. I wouldn't keep them hanging on for days or weeks right enough but i'd want to weigh them both up if I was offered them both. It's madness of a football manager to think a player is going to accept a pre-contract tract in the 2nd week in Jan when he has 6 months to sort his future out. 

55 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Must be hundreds of players we've offered contracts to that have decided to go elsewhere instead. Quite a lot probably kept their options open by keeping us hanging for a bit as well. 

And we've probably got loads of players that would have taken another club's offer if we hadn't came in.  McCrorie and Ojo spring to mind for a start. 

Nobody here cares that they 'fucked over' Hibs.  It's normal football business. 

Correct. Whose to say Kenny McLean didn’t hum and haw 20 times before finally signing on the dotted line on Jan 31st?

And Graeme Shinnie didnt sign a pre-contract  till March, if I recall correctly? Maybe he fucked McInnes about too, till he decided we were his best offer. 

I just think Glass should have kept schtuum. Nothing to gain from his thinly disguised comments other than possibly a fired up McGrath on Tuesday night

1 hour ago, minijc said:

I do believe a striker is being pursued,.

Freddie Ladapo. And if the journo who posted it is anything to go by i'd file it under "pish" because he also has us in for a 35 year old midfielder. Imagine our midfield with a combined age of 71? ??. That journo also has Hibs wanting Charles-Cook from County. That's the type of signing we should be making in all honesty. 

29 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Freddie Ladapo. And if the journo who posted it is anything to go by i'd file it under "pish" because he also has us in for a 35 year old midfielder. Imagine our midfield with a combined age of 71? ??. That journo also has Hibs wanting Charles-Cook from County. That's the type of signing we should be making in all honesty. 

Looks like County want Gogic as part of the deal. We should have already offered Charles-Cook a deal If we have any sense, so we won't have. 

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Looks like he'd fit in better with the ladies team. Long haired poof. Arsenal have him down as a midfielder too.

you'd have had it tough in the 60s. Jim Morrison would have written a song about wanting to kill you. Stop complaining, he has a cap for Mexico, which isnae bad for an 18 year old. Yes I know it's all pish.