Scottish Cup 2021/22

1 hour ago, Schapenneuker said:

As much as I hate Hibs, and as much as Porteous is the most detestable footballer in Scotland, I had a wee chuckle at Motherwell going out of the cup because of their own hammer throwing stupidity. 

I agree but thought it laughable that the Hibs player most outraged by the bad tackle was Porteous.

He’s a horrible cunt.

And he hits women. So a cowardly cunt too.

A double leg break next week would be pleasing. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I thought it was a red in all honesty.

Agreed , but the problem is the lack of consistency.

Not just by Collum himself , as shown by the similar foul 5 minutes later.  But by refs in general.   We’ve seen plenty other fouls like these ...... sometimes they get a red , sometimes a yellow. 

One thing’s fuckin guaranteed though......if that tackle was in a game between the arse-cheeks, it wouldn’t be a red card , and probably not even a yellow , especially that early in the game. 

1 hour ago, Dynamo said:

Pure stupidity from Mugabe, but Collum couldn't wait to get his card out. Didn't give himself a moment to think about it. Have seen those types of fouls not given as a red (like the boy Roberts 10 minutes later...).

To be honest I thought they were both reds?

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Just watched it - initial reaction was red however when you see it again its never a red for me. 

Wasn't two footed, wasn't high. Yellow card would have sufficed.

Just more shit refereeing which isn't surprising given the shocking standard and decisions we've already seen this year.

By the letter of the law it was a red. As was the one 5 minutes later. 

I reckon most refs in Scotland would have shat out the first one as it was so early in the match and given a yellow......if questioned later claiming they had their view partially obstructed. Although if we had VAR they would have been corrected sharpish and would have had no choice but to upgrade to a red. 

Collum made a tit of himself by shiting out of giving a red for the second offence which was absolutely identical. And where he absolutely could not claim his view was obstructed. 

39 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

By the letter of the law it was a red. As was the one 5 minutes later. 

I reckon most refs in Scotland would have shat out the first one as it was so early in the match and given a yellow......if questioned later claiming they had their view partially obstructed. Although if we had VAR they would have been corrected sharpish and would have had no choice but to upgrade to a red. 

Collum made a tit of himself by shiting out of giving a red for the second offence which was absolutely identical. And where he absolutely could not claim his view was obstructed. 

Sorry Mr always correct. 

Will remember to consult you in future prior to giving my opinion on a football forum.

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Just watched it - initial reaction was red however when you see it again its never a red for me. 

Wasn't two footed, wasn't high. Yellow card would have sufficed.

Just more shit refereeing which isn't surprising given the shocking standard and decisions we've already seen this year.

Doesn’t have to be two footed to be red.

Doesn’t have to be high to be a red.

Where does it say that in the laws of football? To save you the bother, it doesn’t. 

“Endangering an opponent” justifies Collum’s decision. 
Being consistent, he should’ve red carded the 2nd tackle too just 5 minutes later. 

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Doesn’t have to be two footed to be red.

Doesn’t have to be high to be a red.

Where does it say that in the laws of football? To save you the bother, it doesn’t. 

“Endangering an opponent” justifies Collum’s decision. 
Being consistent, he should’ve red carded the 2nd tackle too just 5 minutes later. 

Where did it endanger the player he took the ball not the player. Open interpretation.