St Johnston v Aberdeen

3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Is it handball under the rule change this year?

I dont think if it had been a defender that a foul and penalty would have been given - Body shape is natural and not grown, he didnt (?) move towards it and it was so close he couldnt avoid it

On the other hand if seen if would be VERY difficult not to give as a foul when an attacker

• Upvote 1

Just rechecked the rules. It should not have been given, the last part being the key point

HANDLING THE BALL

For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit. Not every touch of a player’s hand/arm with the ball is an offence.

It is an offence if a player: 

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, for example moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when it has made their body unnaturally bigger. A player is considered to have made their body unnaturally bigger when the position of their hand/arm is not a consequence of, or justifiable by, the player’s body movement for that specific situation. By having their hand/arm in such a position, the player takes a risk of their hand/arm being hit by the ball and being penalised
  • scores in the opponents' goal:
    • directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
    • immediately after the ball has touched their hand/arm, even if accidental

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

It's a clear handball, but he can't see through bodies. 

Rather he didn't give it not knowing, than give it not having a clue. 

If I was a Saints fan though I'd be raging, naturally. 

You’d have thought the linesman might’ve seen it.

Easy for us to say but you can’t blame the referee for that. 

We’ll take it, as we’re due a few. 

Just back. Wasn't pretty to watch but we got the job done. From our position was difficult to tell if Jenks handballed prior to his goal but by fuck were St Johnstone not happy about it standing so I'm guessing they have a pretty sound case?

Once again results elsewhere all went favourably for us. 4th place now in our sights. 

Thought Bates was excellent today. And Jenks is playing with a bit of confidence. 3 weeks ago I was all for sending him back to Brighton in January if  it was possible but the player we are starting to see can definitely make a positive contribution 

• Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Just back. Wasn't pretty to watch but we got the job done. From our position was difficult to tell if Jenks handballed prior to his goal but by fuck were St Johnstone not happy about it standing so I'm guessing they have a pretty sound case?

Once again results elsewhere all went favourably for us. 4th place now in our sights. 

Thought Bates was excellent today. And Jenks is playing with a bit of confidence. 3 weeks ago I was all for sending him back to Brighton in January if  it was possible but the player we are starting to see can definitely make a positive contribution 

Agree with Bates - I think he and McCrorie could form a good partnership - both young, got a bit of pace and can play out from the back.

What did you see from Jenks other than the hand ball goal to suggest that he could make much of a contribution - i really can't remember him doing anything... but maybe i just missed it?

28 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Agree with Bates - I think he and McCrorie could form a good partnership - both young, got a bit of pace and can play out from the back.

What did you see from Jenks other than the hand ball goal to suggest that he could make much of a contribution - i really can't remember him doing anything... but maybe i just missed it?

Fair enough, not the best of games to jump in and contribute .

In the last two 30 mins appearances it’s a goal and an assist from the bench.

‘That’ll do me and I’ll take another similar contribution against Hibs ?

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

A win for the Hun tomorrow and we are 6 points out of 3rd spot, with more than half the season still to play. 

Not at our best today, but a week or two ago we would've lost that game. Thought Bates, McCrorie and Brown were standouts. Really disappointed in Hedges today, looked disinterested and lacked commitment.

Appreciate our goal was controversial and shouldn't have stood, although take nothing away from the finish, superb strike by Jenks, who dare I say it, has looked pretty impressive the past few weeks. 

Cormack's still a cock.