Aussie Open Tennis

4 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Faces Bautista Agut on Saturday. 24th seed. But who also had a 5 setter although it obviously finished hours before Murray did and played 14 less games in the match.

This is the last seeded player he would play until potentially Djokovic in the semis since Zverev and Rudd went out.

Agut is a similar age as well. Good chance for Murray.

I don't think you can say every single tennis player that's never won a slam is a "loser". 

Henman was a very good player over a long period of time. 

He's not even close to Andy though. Andy has had the misfortune to be very similar ages to the 3 best male players of all time. 

Andy has played 11 slam finals (10 vs Djokovic or Federer) and won 3. He's also lost 10 slam Semi finals (8 vs Nadal, Djokovic of Federer (plus 1 to each of Roddick and Wawrikwa)). Without those three, he'd have double digit slams, no question. 

He's an all-time great. One of the best to ever do what he does. The fact he's still giving us moments like he has this week, despite his age, despite his metal hip and despite dips in form, is a testament to his greatness in a complete other way. 

He's my hero. He should be everyone's hero. ❤️❤️

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

I don't think you can say every single tennis player that's never won a slam is a "loser". 

Henman was a very good player over a long period of time. 

He's not even close to Andy though. Andy has had the misfortune to be very similar ages to the 3 best male players of all time. 

Andy has played 11 slam finals (10 vs Djokovic or Federer) and won 3. He's also lost 10 slam Semi finals (8 vs Nadal, Djokovic of Federer (plus 1 to each of Roddick and Wawrikwa)). Without those three, he'd have double digit slams, no question. 

He's an all-time great. One of the best to ever do what he does. The fact he's still giving us moments like he has this week, despite his age, despite his metal hip and despite dips in form, is a testament to his greatness in a complete other way. 

He's my hero. He should be everyone's hero. ❤️❤️

Totally agree. Do you know what time he's playing at?