Aussie Open Tennis

• 2 months later...

Perhaps he doesn't and I'd suggest you are right there... but I also don't believe Radacanu will win another major.

If that's what this play is about.

What she has though is one incredible achievement with the one and it was a great sporting moment at the time.

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Perhaps he doesn't and I'd suggest you are right there... but I also don't believe Radacanu will win another major.

If that's what this play is about.

What she has though is one incredible achievement with the one and it was a great sporting moment at the time.

Completely valid opinion. I'd say she's marginally more likely to not win another  than she is to win one now. However, she's immensely talented and, if she can stay fit for a prolonged period, I think she will get another. Could easily go either way  

What shows Poodler doesn't have a clue is him somehow claiming that a defeat to the #1 (who will win 10+ majors and be remembered as one of the all time greats) in two close sets, in a QF, is somehow an indicator that Raducanu won't win another slam. 

In fact, her last week has been outstanding. Two big victories in the BJK Cup and then a decent showing in Stuttgart. I'd actually venture that this is probably the most positive moment (given recent results) in Raducanu's career for a long time. 

36 minutes ago, Roberto said:

And that's where my doubts come in, staying injury free.

The setbacks for her seem to have a major mental impact on her.

I do hope I'm wrong cause I would obviously love to see her win another (few).

Totally agree. I do think she seems to have a bit too much interest in non-tennis things too (mainly cashing in with all the brand stuff she does). 

Who knows what the future holds. Seems a decent lassie though, so I hope she fulfils her potential. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Completely valid opinion. I'd say she's marginally more likely to not win another  than she is to win one now. However, she's immensely talented and, if she can stay fit for a prolonged period, I think she will get another. Could easily go either way  

What shows Poodler doesn't have a clue is him somehow claiming that a defeat to the #1 (who will win 10+ majors and be remembered as one of the all time greats) in two close sets, in a QF, is somehow an indicator that Raducanu won't win another slam. 

In fact, her last week has been outstanding. Two big victories in the BJK Cup and then a decent showing in Stuttgart. I'd actually venture that this is probably the most positive moment (given recent results) in Raducanu's career for a long time. 

Just rattling your cage tbh. Still got it 😎

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Totally agree. I do think she seems to have a bit too much interest in non-tennis things too (mainly cashing in with all the brand stuff she does). 

Who knows what the future holds. Seems a decent lassie though, so I hope she fulfils her potential. 

Why do you care so much about a Chinese/Romanian/Canadian/English lassie that won a tournament years ago?  It's like you've made it a personal thing that you have to defend her?  Very odd. 

32 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Why do you care so much about a Chinese/Romanian/Canadian/English lassie that won a tournament years ago?  It's like you've made it a personal thing that you have to defend her?  Very odd. 

I was tagged in the post about her, ya dafty. Me and Poodler have a bet over whether she'll win another slam. 

Put the cans away and get to bed. Big game tomorrow. 

7 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

Aye, i know that.  I'm with Poodler, i doubt she'll ever achieve anything of note again. You taking any criticism of her personally is bizarre though. 

I haven't taken anything personally. I responded to a post in which I was tagged. 

You're having a nightmare recently, MHD. Give the 3am cans a rest for a week or so. 

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

I haven't taken anything personally. I responded to a post in which I was tagged. 

You're having a nightmare recently, MHD. Give the 3am cans a rest for a week or so. 

You back in Europe yet, or still in SA? Disappointed in the lack of PPs.