St Mirren 1 - 0 Aberdeen

I don't think Polvara will be ready for a debut for at least a month. The step up he is making is enormous.

Besuijen I don't think we'll see either, the team will be travelling down tonight and he'll have a lot to sort out personally. At best he'd have had one training session with the team. He probably speaks decent English but the various Scottish accents will initially sound like nothing he's ever encountered before. Ojo will likely prove more useful as a translator than a player.....2 year extension incoming ?

Rather see him make his debut at Pittodrie anyway

12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I don't think Polvara will be ready for a debut for at least a month. The step up he is making is enormous.

Besuijen I don't think we'll see either, the team will be travelling down tonight and he'll have a lot to sort out personally. At best he'd have had one training session with the team. He probably speaks decent English but the various Scottish accents will initially sound like nothing he's ever encountered before. Ojo will likely prove more useful as a translator than a player.....2 year extension incoming ?

hopeful for 15 mins tomorrow and a start on Saturday

17 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Didn't do Gillhaus any harm playing straight away.

No pressure loon!!

2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Didn't do Gillhaus any harm playing straight away.

No pressure loon!!

I was at that game. Dunfermline was only 25 minutes away from where I lived, managed to swing a half day at work and dragged my now ex missus along for the ride. She hated football usually but even she got caught up in the excitement. I parked up at Lynebank Hospital. Bad move, was stuck there over 45 minutes trying to get out after full time

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Besuijen's work permit unlikely to be sorted by tomorrow.

9 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I'd be really surprised to see that change (too used to having mcinnes as manager?) but would definitely go for it. He looked lively.

Playing Ojo and Barron as wingers second half though was very painful. Why does Glass hate wide players?

I'm not sure he does

I think he just Hates OUR wide players and with good reason 

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Depending on the result tomorrow he’ll be involved at home to St Johnstone on Saturday.

If we stutter to a draw or defeat he’ll likely start.

If we win, suspect he’ll be on the bench & get 20-30 minutes. 

That also depends on a potential sale of Ryan Hedges 

On 1/22/2022 at 6:57 PM, elephantstone78 said:

Have you got your ticket already? I was assuming (wrongly) you could rock up and pay on the night. 

My pal and I are planning to attend but may now be looking at the home end. 

Sorry, just seen this. Aye, bought tickets online. Tried looking on the St.Mirren website for PATG info and couldn't even see this game mentioned anywhere on it. Pathetic .

Reading between the lines, I get the feeling Hedges may not feature tomorrow.

Glass when talking about the Blackburn speculation; “Looks like he’s been affected by it”.

In other words his mind is elsewhere.

The problem is we don’t have anyone to come in, as the new signing won’t be eligible.

I’d rather have a “distracted” Hedges than Connor Gump or JET. 

Glass’s comments about McGrath could bite him on arse (all the more reason he should have kept his mouth shut) now that Goodwin & McGrath have ‘cleared the air’ 

Can guess how their clear air talks went

So, so you fancy turning out for us one more time before you leave & get it up that fkr Glass for his comments?

Damn tooting right I do

38 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Glass when talking about the Blackburn speculation; “Looks like he’s been affected by it”.

The problem is we don’t have anyone to come in, as the new signing won’t be eligible.

Hope Connor Gump is McLennan & not Barron? 

42 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I'd rather not have a Hedges that might start hiding and trying to avoid injury at all cost which is what I think might well happen. 

Or he suddenly comes down with an invented injury that is difficult to disprove and keeps him out the side.

That said, even with today's signing I still think we are too thin on the ground to allow him to leave this window unless Blackburn offer stupid money

19 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

Looking forward to this one.

Hopefully we get to see both  Polvara and Vicente in action tomorrow.

Nae chance of seeing Vicente as still awaiting the issuing of his visa, maybe see Polvara for the last 10 or 15 minutes, but only then if we are cruising and the three points are secured. As others have said the step up this loon is making is massive, I'm not saying he is not capable of making the step up as  dont know enough about him to comment. I am however aware that he is coming to us from the yankee equivalent of the Highland League but here's hoping we have unearthed a gem, time will tell and good luck to the loon.

Prediction for tonight - It's been a while since I had such a confident feeling heading into any match recently and I'm going for a comfortable 3 or 4 nil to the good guys. Ferguson and Brown with one each and either one or two for Ramirez.

COYR / SF 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The 'distracted' Hedges scored and had an assist a couple of days before Glass made those comments. Bit strange unless things ramped up with Blackburn Sunday/Monday. 

• Upvote 1
11 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

That in the papers or on Redtv?

Can't recall him saying that on Redtv unless it was edited out...