Funso ojo contract

He said another contract. 

Not the same contract. 

I'd give him another year on reduced terms to buy time to find better/younger and bed them in. 

He's played a large number of games in different positions which means we'd have a few holes to fill if he left. Time and money that could be spent bringing in quality. 

We're always likely to have an average utility player - might as well be him as another.

• Upvote 1

He’s been ok this season, no more than that, but not deserving of some of the stick here.

ok as a utility player, but I’d like to think there are better than him coming through.

if he found that a contract reflecting his status as a utility player acceptable, then so be it, but I think he may be off, if he can get a better offer down south for a final pay check.

suepect we’ll offer a year extension on same terms given he seems a bit un-droppable.. that wou”d feel a bit “meh”  to be honest, given as I say, you’d hope there are better coming through.

21 minutes ago, Dandyesque said:

He said another contract. 

Not the same contract. 

I'd give him another year on reduced terms to buy time to find better/younger and bed them in. 

He's played a large number of games in different positions which means we'd have a few holes to fill if he left. Time and money that could be spent bringing in quality. 

We're always likely to have an average utility player - might as well be him as another.

As a selling club we should be using young players we can give game time to and develop, then sell on for a bit (or a lot) of cash, rather than filling spots with okay journeymen who 'aren't terrible'. 

Though, god forgive me for saying this, I think Ojo might actually be improving. 

12 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

There is also the teensy tiny problem of not winning with kids and the most impatient fans in the world.  Well, the north east anyway!

Not a problem for us, since we win fuck all with adults either. 

2 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Yes but are we more accepting of average adults doing just enough? 

I mean, the club could even say, 'hey, as part of our ongoing policy of developing and selling players in order to make a profit, we're going to rotate some younger players between the first team and the youth teams, or bring in young players we can develop. In the long term this will be far more profitable than signing squad players on a higher wage who have negligible sell on fees."

Of course, being Aberdonians, the fans will moan about that, without question. 

Cosgrove's a prime example of bringing in a young player (21 or 22) who 'developed' and was sold for a profit. 

Fair enough, it turns out he hadn't really developed, but he was doing well enough to trick Birmingham into paying us millions for him, and fraud is also a good way of making money. 

• Haha 2
16 hours ago, Ke1t said:

As a selling club we should be using young players we can give game time to and develop, then sell on for a bit (or a lot) of cash, rather than filling spots with okay journeymen who 'aren't terrible'. 

Though, god forgive me for saying this, I think Ojo might actually be improving. 

I agree. 

But the youngsters have to be there in the right positions, ready to play.

He's getting a hard time, including from myself. But the problem isn't even Ojo. Ojo is actually a decent player. He's just not as good as Ferguson or Brown. Or McGeouch imo. So he shouldn't be playing, simple as that. Don't shoehorn him into an attacking position. Putting a defensive minded midfielder on the wing is the exact reason you will end a game with 70% possession and 1 shot

• Upvote 4
1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

He's getting a hard time, including from myself. But the problem isn't even Ojo. Ojo is actually a decent player. He's just not as good as Ferguson or Brown. Or McGeouch imo. So he shouldn't be playing, simple as that. Don't shoehorn him into an attacking position. Putting a defensive minded midfielder on the wing is the exact reason you will end a game with 70% possession and 1 shot

He's shite. 

He gets into good areas and has absolutely no fucking idea what to do with the ball when he gets there. It isn't his natural game to be beating a defender on the wing and swinging crosses into the box, or trying to be a No.10.  

Nothing against him, it's not his fault he's being picked to play in a position that isn't suited. He's at least putting in the effort, which can't be said for some of the others last night.

edit - just noticed Byrne Baby Byrne has pretty much made the exact same point. 

4 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

He gets into good areas and has absolutely no fucking idea what to do with the ball when he gets there. It isn't his natural game to be beating a defender on the wing and swinging crosses into the box, or trying to be a No.10.  

Nothing against him, it's not his fault he's being picked to play in a position that isn't suited. He's at least putting in the effort, which can't be said for some of the others last night.

edit - just noticed Byrne Baby Byrne has pretty much made the exact same point. 

What even is his natural position as he was fucking useless as a holding midfielder? 

• 2 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, starryfish said:

What is the story with him? It’s so clear that he’s not good enough yet he always plays. Makes me think there’s other factors influencing his inclusion in the side 

Say what you like about McInnes.....but at least he had Ojo sussed out as not good enough and sent him out on loan. 

He must look like fucking Pele in training because there's no way his performances in actual matches get close to warranting his almost automatic selection