Vicente Besuijen

Plenty to work with but still hasn't completely cut out the diving which will make it difficult for him to win fouls from the refs going forward.

Not a grafter either but hopefully his loan spell away and a bit of guidance from Robson will give him a reality check. If he gets his finger out, he could probably contribute a combination of 15 goals/assists this season.

27 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Plenty to work with but still hasn't completely cut out the diving which will make it difficult for him to win fouls from the refs going forward.

Not a grafter either but hopefully his loan spell away and a bit of guidance from Robson will give him a reality check. If he gets his finger out, he could probably contribute a combination of 15 goals/assists this season.

He's still a kid, still learning. Put him in a team where the expectation is hard work, and he'll pick it up and be brilliant for us.

52 minutes ago, bonzodaddy73 said:

He will be throwing the toys out of the pram around Christmas when he realises he's a bit part player. 

Absolutely. No doubt he'll resort to being a petulant wee fanny when Robson plays his own signings instead of him in the positions he feels he should be playing. Shipped out in the January window if not before the season starts would be my prediction. I don't think he's a Robson type player.

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, Dal Riata Don said:

How/where do we play him?

Midfield wide left? He has no pace, nor can de beat his marker. Needs must if no one else signs.

Central attacking? That's Clarkson's role now.

As a forward? Perhaps but Miovski does the link up play well so why use Vinny? Unless Duk is off I don't see it.

I think his role will be as a sub for one of the strikers if we're playing 352.  He doesn't have the work-rate to play at the head of the midfield as that role has to lead the press and is a demanding role physically 

1 hour ago, Redmist1903 said:

Absolutely. No doubt he'll resort to being a petulant wee fanny when Robson plays his own signings instead of him in the positions he feels he should be playing. Shipped out in the January window if not before the season starts would be my prediction. I don't think he's a Robson type player.

There’s a world of difference between Robson and Goodwin. Robson has also coached the young players so will have experience relevant to managing attitudes etc. plus he’s not an arrogant stubborn prick. 

If indeed Vinnie is back then I am delighted. I think Robson will get the best out of him, you saw the passion and the belief of the players in that 7 game run that got us up to third. Goodwin was never capable of getting players engaged like that, clearly his ego was the problem behind the scenes.

17 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Vinnies back for the new season. Like a new signing ✍️ 

Absolutely. 

He can grab the renewed opportunity and prove himself worthy of the second chance or, if he reverts to his previous perceived character, he'll be out the door in some shape or form by January. 

I obviously hope for the former and that the management team manage the player better than the arrogant manner Goodwin imposed.

If the player has done a lot of thinking, and matured as a consequence, this can go well for both parties, especially with us competing on 2 fronts next season. 

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

There’s a world of difference between Robson and Goodwin. Robson has also coached the young players so will have experience relevant to managing attitudes etc. plus he’s not an arrogant stubborn prick. 

If indeed Vinnie is back then I am delighted. I think Robson will get the best out of him, you saw the passion and the belief of the players in that 7 game run that got us up to third. Goodwin was never capable of getting players engaged like that, clearly his ego was the problem behind the scenes.

I hope so but have my doubts. Added to that I don't think he's as good as many people on here think he is. We'll see.

2 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

He will have to learn to graft if he wants in the team. Robson won't carry any passengers. He got everyone working harder, "running around" more - clearly his message is that hard work is the bare minimum expected and those who aren't prepared to roll their sleeves up and fight won't be playing. I think Vinny could thrive under good man-management and played in his best position (just in behind Duk and Miovski) with Shinnie and Clarkson sitting deeper.

3 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

Midfield wide left? He has no pace, nor can de beat his marker. Needs must if no one else signs.

As a forward? Perhaps but Miovski does the link up play well so why use Vinny? Unless Duk is off I don't see it.

Aye, because we just use the same ten outfield players for the whole game every game.

1 minute ago, Glass half full said:

Don’t get the hype around Vinnie. He’s an average player who thinks he should be a main man as he’s deluded. 
An improvement on Morris for the bench but don’t see him starting many games.

Not sure where he’s thought he should be a main man, he just wants to play every week. He’s clearly not average, that’s just nonsense 

• Upvote 5

It's weird that some people are 100% convinced he had an attitude problem on the basis of a couple of below average performances under a shit manager like Jim Goodwin, who stopped playing him and refused to put him back in when we were struggling to create chances after the World Cup break.

So did the whole squad have an attitude problem? Or was Jim Goodwin just shite at motivating players?

In retrospect his no nonsense bullshit macho posturing almost fucked the club more than Glass.

• Upvote 3
9 hours ago, Belabedlam said:

It's weird that some people are 100% convinced he had an attitude problem on the basis of a couple of below average performances under a shit manager like Jim Goodwin, who stopped playing him and refused to put him back in when we were struggling to create chances after the World Cup break.

So did the whole squad have an attitude problem? Or was Jim Goodwin just shite at motivating players?

In retrospect his no nonsense bullshit macho posturing almost fucked the club more than Glass.

Vinnie is a good player, no doubting that! Jim Goodwin was and is an egotistical, grade A fud, that would perceive any comment, contrary to his narrative, as being a sign of insubordination. Can’t imagine he did much listening at all, or encouraged feedback or challenge to his view! Bellend! 

On 6/17/2023 at 8:34 AM, Dal Riata Don said:

We need more than 11 players.

Why would you want just 1 player for every position and no competition or options to change the set up?

20 hours ago, Glass half full said:

Don’t get the hype around Vinnie. He’s an average player who thinks he should be a main man as he’s deluded. 
An improvement on Morris for the bench but don’t see him starting many games.

I reckon he’s got the ability to be a weapon at this level… but the problem with Vinny is that he’s got the heart of a mouse. I’m not sure he has the minerals to pull things together and properly make a consistent impact.

• Upvote 1
23 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

I reckon he’s got the ability to be a weapon at this level… but the problem with Vinny is that he’s got the heart of a mouse. I’m not sure he has the minerals to pull things together and properly make a consistent impact.

If Robson can do with him what he did with Clarkson in terms of workrate and aggression then we could have another very good player on our hands. 

2 hours ago, Dal Riata Don said:

I'm still adjusting to the idea of Vinny being a squad player.

I had him down as our POTY for the season just gone.

Fair enough.

Its something I read on this site a lot though "where will x fit in the team, we already have y", like that's a bit problem.

Frustrates me because we should absolutely be building a squad that has real competition and different options for the manager.

35 minutes ago, Helmet said:

Fair enough.

Its something I read on this site a lot though "where will x fit in the team, we already have y", like that's a bit problem.

Frustrates me because we should absolutely be building a squad that has real competition and different options for the manager.

Correct, we need players from bench to change games in our favour, not juggling clowns.