Vicente Besuijen

1 hour ago, GeorgeStreetReds said:

Hope we can get at least £100k back for him, think we paid £350k for him (or around that).

Doubt we will get anything, if there is no clamour for his signature, plus, I’ve no doubt the player will be taking a wage cut so we will have to pay up his contract to piss off.

Very expensive failure but I guess Dave will pick up that particular tab.

Too slow to play on the wing. Delivery not that great either but has a good knack of timing his runs late to pick up a few goals. 

Would probably work best as a 10 in a 4231 which ironically we've just tried.  Probably a decent off the bench option in that position but I suspect bridges are well and truly burned by now. 

Thought he looked very decent in the middle of the park, even if he lacked some of the attributes you'd want in a wide player. 

Hasn't stopped us playing guys just as bad on the wing, though, and as regulars. 

Another case of mismanaging an asset. 

• Upvote 2
18 minutes ago, dj_bollocks said:

I absolutely won't have it that Shayden Morris is better than Vinnie.

For games where applicable an attacking front 4 of 

Miovski

Duk - McGrath/Clarkson - Besuijen

would absolutely be worth trying...

Vinnie won't run for his club.... allegedly

It seems likely that Vinnie that something happened with Vinnie that blotted his copy book. Goodwin wanted him gone and before he didn't even get a chance under Barry things don't add up. Personally I like him as a player. Rarely gives the ball away, decent scoring record, good touch. I've worked with a lot of Dutch guys and their culture is very open and blunt to the point of being offensive to the uninitiated. I suspect Vinnie crossed a line when we were plummeting under Goodwin and there was no way back.- to be fair to the club they didn't throw him under the bus and whatever it was has been dealt with diplomatically. I've noticed when he's been with the squad he seems happy enough - I really wish him well.

How about Vinnie is just not good enough? Cant recall him ever having a decent game or even thinking, there is something about him. Sooner he is away the better for everyone, his career has been stalled for two seasons now, not good for any player.

• Haha 1
  • Dildo 1
55 minutes ago, Mouzer said:

How about Vinnie is just not good enough? Cant recall him ever having a decent game or even thinking, there is something about him. Sooner he is away the better for everyone, his career has been stalled for two seasons now, not good for any player.

I'm not sure of the exact stats, but I imagine if you look back at them you'll see that he scored quite a few goals and made quite a few assists in relatively limited game time. He's not a winger, or a wing back and unfortunately that's where he was stuck playing most of the time. Playing him as the 10 in a 4231, or even as the supporting forward in a 532 would have been much more effective. 

We've failed to utilise our skilful and exciting players this season. We got a glimpse of what was possible in the Ross County game using a different formation and style of play. Guys like Barron, Clarkson, Polvara, McGrath, Miovski, Duk and Besoujin are the kind of guys I want to see playing for Aberdeen. We should be setting up 4231...

Barron Polvara
McGrath Clarkson Duk
Miovski

Besoujin has a role to play in that set up - possibly not displacing those guys but a first choice sub for any of the front 4. Certainly a better player than Duncan or Morris.

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, Mouzer said:

If we judged most players on the 145 minutes (guessing) Vinnie had, nobody would be good enough.

Ok im pished af.

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I'm not sure of the exact stats, but I imagine if you look back at them you'll see that he scored quite a few goals and made quite a few assists in relatively limited game time. He's not a winger, or a wing back and unfortunately that's where he was stuck playing most of the time. Playing him as the 10 in a 4231, or even as the supporting forward in a 532 would have been much more effective. 

We've failed to utilise our skilful and exciting players this season. We got a glimpse of what was possible in the Ross County game using a different formation and style of play. Guys like Barron, Clarkson, Polvara, McGrath, Miovski, Duk and Besoujin are the kind of guys I want to see playing for Aberdeen. We should be setting up 4231...

Barron Polvara
McGrath Clarkson Duk
Miovski

Besoujin has a role to play in that set up - possibly not displacing those guys but a first choice sub for any of the front 4. Certainly a better player than Duncan or Morris.

This is the point. Don’t know why people think vinny couldn’t contribute atleast to the level of Morris. I mean Morris missed a few months of the season and he still never got any mins. Be best for all parties he’s moved on now. 

17 minutes ago, HaarDon said:

If we judged most players on the 145 minutes (guessing) Vinnie had, nobody would be good enough.

Ok im pished af.

He went away on loan back to his homeland and managed 2 games at Excelsior Rotterdam. 

He is mince, move him on.

6 minutes ago, Mouzer said:

He went away on loan back to his homeland and managed 2 games at Excelsior Rotterdam. 

He is mince, move him on.

Hey mate how ya doin

Was he any good in those 2 games?

I think he has potential but his sour faced puss when he came on last time for AFC said a little I think.

Intolerable maybe

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Mouzer said:

So I read. So what is the reason he has not had a sniff since Goodwin?

Robson’s tactics are to stifle other teams rather than attack them.

Vinnie is not that kind of player.

If we had a more expansive manager that wanted to be on the front foot then Vinnie would have had much more game time I’m sure.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

He probably didn't sell the club to a potential signing when asked to do so, so the club have taken the hump with him.

More assumptions.

If he was as good as some people think they remember, he would be playing or gone because there would be interest in him if any use. Vinnie, Duncan and Morris are all not good enough to be starting week in week out  for AFC.

Replace them and move on to better.