Summer 2022 Transfer Window

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not much of a career move to go from the scums 3rd choice to our 2nd choice.

He’s 24. He needs to be playing regularly. 

He might end up at Ross County or maybe St Johnstone, who’ll need to replace Zander Clark.

And Joe being no1 would be a weekly worry.  
He’s regressed in the last 18 months, albeit he was a little better towards the end of the season. 

He could potentially be their 4th choice. Huns have offered McGregor a new deal and they are after a keeper from Turkey regardless if McGregor signs or not.

It would more than likely be a loan deal which i think his contract is up next year. Plus the fact his brother is here might be a pull.

I think the issue with Dawson from Sheff Wed is that he would be here as No 2. I'm not sure if he was the first choice or theres someone else they would take over McCrorie.

2 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

That rumour was inevitable given Ross will be our captain. Don’t rate goalie Mcrorie and he would want big wages coming from Rangers where he will be well paid. Think it’s safe to say siegrest didn’t choose us now, so maybe JG fancied he can turn JL around if can’t land an obvious improvement. Was very good last 2/3 games of season. 

Thomo, as i said I'm not ITK but the source is more than hearing it from someone in bar if that makes sense?

As for Siegrist he's signed for the tims on a 2 year deal.

• Upvote 2

After a few sherbets and reading the quotes from our potential signing luaritsen 

Tobias you play for a club who are sitting in their league as bad as we’ve been this season , we however do not be in that position regularly , 

we are supported by on average 2.5  x the amount of fans your used to 

if your having doubts then you are clearly not for us and fuck off 

8 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Thomo, as i said I'm not ITK but the source is more than hearing it from someone in bar if that makes sense?

As for Siegrist he's signed for the tims on a 2 year deal.

Am not questioning you lad, just the goalie  Mcrorie chat was inevitable - surprised it never came sooner. Lazy recruitment I would say. Then again maybe he will kick on playing regularly.

20 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Robby McCrorie potential second choice keeper if we fail getting our first target and huns get McGregor to sign extension and/or some keeper from Turkey. Lewis will be JG's number 1 next season.

i don't claim to be "ITK" but the info is from a good source.

He was good at Livi the season he spent on loan there IIRC.  Should have gone out on loan more and increased his experience rather than sitting in the stands at Ibrox.

Certainly better than Woods, might have a chance of displacing Joe.

I wouldn't be upset of we signed him and the fee was reasonable.

Play him the first few games of the season and see how he goes.

Obviously if he turned out to be shite I reserve the right to say I told you so and pretend I always thought signing him was a bad idea.

2 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

He was good at Livi the season he spent on loan there IIRC.  Should have gone out on loan more and increased his experience rather than sitting in the stands at Ibrox.

Certainly better than Woods, might have a chance of displacing Joe.

I wouldn't be upset of we signed him and the fee was reasonable.

Play him the first few games of the season and see how he goes.

Obviously if he turned out to be shite I reserve the right to say I told you so and pretend I always thought signing him was a bad idea.

Was he good at livi? Lost his spot to Styrjek for about half the season. Maybe longer.

56 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

The point I was making was about players being bought and sold for decent fees despite them only have 6 months or so left on their contract.  Blackburn paid us a six figure fee for Hedges, we're supposedly paying a six figure fee for this Norwegian striker, despite them being out of contract at the next transfer window.

And I got that.

(You just sparked something I wanted to get off my chest.)

7 minutes ago, ThomohawkKid said:

Was he good at livi? Lost his spot to Styrjek for about half the season. Maybe longer.

According to wikip he played 23 games for Livi, including the cup final

I seem to recall he got plenty plaudits and I remember seeing a few good saves on Sportscene that year

Mind is foggy though.  I am old and I drink a lot

Might improve if given the chance

McCrorie's goalkeeping that is. Not my memory or drinking.

57 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Disagree that Hedges would have made that sort of difference. 

I think all we needed was another win to finish top 6.

1 hour ago, Broken_Glass said:

Guess we'll never know though so really a mute point bringing it up.

It'll happen again, though.

We shouldn't always subscribe to the "getting some money for a player rather than nothing" thinking is best.

1 hour ago, Zorba said:

Robby McCrorie potential second choice keeper if we fail getting our first target and huns get McGregor to sign extension and/or some keeper from Turkey. Lewis will be JG's number 1 next season.

i don't claim to be "ITK" but the info is from a good source.

Get that to fuck. 

That family has nailed its colours to the wall. 

He's also not good enough.

42 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Get that to fuck. 

That family has nailed its colours to the wall. 

He's also not good enough.

Well apparently Ross is the new captain. You're in for a fun season.

Robby is good enough to be our No 2 providing Lewis is at pre 2021 level. Gary Woods is god awful.

• Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Well apparently Ross is the new captain. You're in for a fun season.

Robby is good enough to be our No 2 providing Lewis is at pre 2021 level. Gary Woods is god awful.

Can't see why Robbie McCrorie would be moving to sit on a bench again, he's 24 and should be looking to play games. 

We all figured McCrorie would be captain. 

He can still get to fuck. 

5 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

McCrorie should be getting turfed out of pittodrie, not given the captaincy! A few weeks ago he was cheering on the Huns on in Seville FFS!  What an absolute shambles… can’t recall a time that the club has been so out of touch with our supporters.

The McGhee days were pretty bad, from my memory. 

He does have attributes to be the captain and would've been my pic pre Seville crap, but if he gets it now that will piss a lot of people off. 

It cheapens the position of captaincy. Should mean more than giving it to some rabid hun cunt. 

Connor Barron imo. 

42 minutes ago, CCB III said:

The McGhee days were pretty bad, from my memory. 

He does have attributes to be the captain and would've been my pic pre Seville crap, but if he gets it now that will piss a lot of people off. 

It cheapens the position of captaincy. Should mean more than giving it to some rabid hun cunt. 

Connor Barron imo. 

Two of our players were at a match, openly and actively supporting one of our bitter rivals. One of those players is about to be named as our new captain.

If our players and the team captain don’t respect us, or take AFC seriously, then we are really fucked. I’m not sure why so many folk can’t understand that? The fact the club are also happy to sweep this under carpet tells us everything about their standards and ambition. We keep hearing about the target of becoming a top100 UEFA club - yet our attitude is sunday league…

This wouldn’t be tolerated at a proper club, that wants to be successful and compete for honours.

• Upvote 8
6 hours ago, Millertime said:

I'm going to do you a favour here, if you're willing to actually acknowledge it

Mini knows absolutely nothing about our wheeling and dealing

The faster you accept that the better

It seems you are right. Asked him a simple  question would revel nothing don’t even know why he wouldn’t want to 

• Upvote 1
30 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Two of our players were at a match, openly and actively supporting one of our bitter rivals. One of those players is about to be named as our new captain.

If our players and the team captain don’t respect us, or take AFC seriously, then we are really fucked. I’m not sure why so many folk can’t understand that? The fact the club are also happy to sweep this under carpet tells us everything about their standards and ambition. We keep hearing about the target of becoming a top100 UEFA club - yet our attitude is sunday league…

This wouldn’t be tolerated at a proper club, that wants to be successful and compete for honours.

Long and short of it. 

Soft

58 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Long and short of it. 

Soft

I don’t even think it’s that…but we are soft as football club - we always have as long as I’ve followed us. However this is more about setting standards of what we want to be as a football club. Are we content being a diddy team, who’s players spend their time off cheering on our rivals? Or do we actually want to become a proper top100 UEFA club, that’s taken seriously?

Even Si f*cking Ferry, in his first interview as manager of Broomhill, was firm about setting standard on and off the pitch for his players.

It’s tough, I get it, as we do have a large number of supporters who have the opinion, ‘as long as they bust a gut on the pitch, then it doesn’t matter…’. Problem is, for this club to move forward, we have to be better than that.

4 hours ago, Sonoftherock said:

You do realise Alex mcleish came from one of the most hun families going yes?.so openly supported one of our bitter rivals?, point is there wasn’t social media then, would you have telt him to fuck off?, if we did we certainly wouldn’t have been nearly as successful, wind your fucking neck in.