Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Durrant Dived said:

I think ronan will be the "winger" and mcgrath the #10. Agree 2 strikers(assiuming ramirez is off) and left back/lcb cover required too. 

Whilst accepting you need cover in every position, I can’t see how we can justify taking in both Ronan AND McGrath, without blocking the progress of Barron and potentially Ryan Duncan.

If it’s to be a 4-2-3-1, then has to be Ramadani and McCrorie in the “2”, with  Vinnie, Barron and Ronan in behind Miovski.

If it’s to be a 4-3-3, then Barron drops into the 3, Vinnie and Miovski wide with a new striker.

I just can’t see us utilising part of the remaining budget on both McGrath and Ronan

21 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Whilst accepting you need cover in every position, I can’t see how we can justify taking in both Ronan AND McGrath, without blocking the progress of Barron.

If it’s to be a 4-2-3-1, then has to be Ramadani and McCrorie in the “2”, with  Vinnie, Barron and Ronan in behind Miovski.

If it’s to be a 4-3-3, then Barron drops into the 3, Vinnie and Miovski wide with a new striker.

I just can’t see us utilising part of the remaining budget on both McGrath and Ronan

there's also Polvara who may push on if he gets a run of games

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yip, agreed. 
Kind of gone quiet again after that mad rush the other week.

Didn't really expect a new signing this week whilst everyone is in Spain. It wouldn't be impossible but you'd think they'd want a tour of Pittodrie, Cormack Park and the city before committing themselves to sign on the dotted line (that said, I don't think either of Ramadani or Miovski did so who knows).

We've probably got enough in the door to run with for League Cup group stage, so really got 4 weeks to bring in anyone else for the league campaign although obviously the quicker the better to get them integrated into the squad.

EDIT....and I'm sure we'll make a late addition or two on transfer deadline day ana

33 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Whilst accepting you need cover in every position, I can’t see how we can justify taking in both Ronan AND McGrath, without blocking the progress of Barron.

I’m not sure Ramdani is a starter. Squad player to sweeten the Miovski deal maybe?

7 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Yeah, totally forgot about him. I'm not sure if he'll see much game time. I can see him being moved on also, at some stage.

I think we underestimate Polvara, granted football isn’t huge in America but he was the best player his year. 
He has taken his opportunity well. You can see he is physically stronger. Looked good enough in the games he played at the end of the season.

Fingers crossed he is one of the future stars we can turn a large profit on. 

12 minutes ago, Goodwin’s beard said:

I think we underestimate Polvara, granted football isn’t huge in America but he was the best player his year. 
He has taken his opportunity well. You can see he is physically stronger. Looked good enough in the games he played at the end of the season.

Any time I've seen him he's done the simple things right, and that something, I think he will surprise a few this season, LB will be McKenzie Ngwenta,  Hayes and Scales so don't get why we need for left side cover, though I'm not a fan of McKenzie keeps getting caught out of position and alot of goals were conceded down the Aberdeen left side last season, I'd actually like a new Left back but can't see it.

Right back I'd say we need someone else, McCrorie is not a RB and like McKenzie kept getting caught out when playing there. 

We are crying out for a creative player that should be the main focus and a back up striker if Ramirez is away. 

31 minutes ago, Goodwin’s beard said:

Tend to agree with this. Ive seen enough of him to think with a full pre season and training with a better calibre of player every day he will hopefully push on for numerous starting spots this season. 

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Any time I've seen him he's done the simple things right, and that something, I think he will surprise a few this season, LB will be McKenzie Ngwenta,  Hayes and Scales so don't get why we need for left side cover, though I'm not a fan of McKenzie keeps getting caught out of position and alot of goals were conceded down the Aberdeen left side last season, I'd actually like a new Left back but can't see it.

Right back I'd say we need someone else, McCrorie is not a RB and like McKenzie kept getting caught out when playing there. 

We are crying out for a creative player that should be the main focus and a back up striker if Ramirez is away. 

So who do we play at LCH against Celtic or when Scales is injured?

5 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Have 3 snr CHs Bates Scales & Stewart, and there is a young lad that's been mentioned but can't remember his name can't see the point in buying more defenders, I think JG will have them well drilled by game day 1, it's up top I'm worried about, it's ok not conceding goals, but you need to score aswell and at the moment I'm not sure who is creating the chances in that squad?? 

8 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yes that's it, the player we've signed as Fergusons replacement is not quite a starter.

Hope he's not as from what I've heard about him he's no where near the player Ferguson is. But he can sit in front of a back 4 and do that well, but other than that he's not got much else in his locker. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We should have pulled the plug on the scales deal letting they paedo hoors dictate to us. 

4 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Hope he's not as from what I've heard about him he's no where near the player Ferguson is. But he can sit in front of a back 4 and do that well, but other than that he's not got much else in his locker. 

Penalties aside what else does Ferguson do on top of that?

12 minutes ago, Bournemouth Gee said:

Bates

9 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

Have 3 snr CHs Bates Scales & Stewart, and there is a young lad that's been mentioned but can't remember his name can't see the point in buying more defenders, I think JG will have them well drilled by game day 1, it's up top I'm worried about, it's ok not conceding goals, but you need to score aswell and at the moment I'm not sure who is creating the chances in that squad?? 

Bates is shite at RCH (his preferred side) & even worse on Left. Fk going with him there again. We have TWO CH’s discounting Scales v Celtic/injury & one of them is Bates. Hancock is completely unproven. We 100% need another CH.

we don’t even know if Stewart is any good for ‘step up’ to us yet. 

16 minutes ago, NEM said:

Penalties aside what else does Ferguson do on top of that?

Score the same amount from outfield as he did penalties pretty much ?

was it not 9/7 penalties/outfield?

37 goals for us

15 were penalties (missed 1 of 16 taken)

scored 8 & 3 his first two seasons when not on penalties 

1 minute ago, redstrummer said:

we just signed a RB 

McKenzie I'm not confidence about and he's always injured. Ngweya unproven , Scales can cover LB so we might just go with those 3 for that position

Still need another on in defence that can play anywhere across the back 

Who else is playing RB? We currently have 1 that I can see. 

41 minutes ago, Dandys1983 said:

we just signed a RB 

McKenzie I'm not confidence about and he's always injured. Ngweya unproven , Scales can cover LB so we might just go with those 3 for that position

Still need another on in defence that can play anywhere across the back 

Nice to see some bedwetting starting up again, it starts with a trickle - fair enough though, i do think the most important dealings in the transfer market are still to come. Miovski is the only attacking addition so far...and our lack of creativity in the final third was our main issue last season. 

• Like 1