Summer 2022 Transfer Window

33 minutes ago, redone said:

Where are you getting the £700K from ?....£1m was the figure widely reported at the time , which was a decent enough fee for him I reckon.

Anderson was probably the only player we sold for decent money in that era....largely because we had hardly any players that other clubs would offer to pay a fee for.  And the good players we did have were happy to run down their contracts.

The £1 million reported was a stewarty Milne million. It was £700k according to the annual accounts 

18 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

That deal only got done after we tried to sack him a month earlier.

He agreed to leave at the end of the season and presumably a pay off.

Things continued to go down hill and we pushed the button sooner to save europe, and try to bounce 3rd place.

anyways... so when he says he was leaving in the summer anyway its a bit of a porky

Ah right. I just remember an interview he done with Premier Sports when he said he hoped he'd see it out until the summer then he planned on leaving.

Hopefully the club get a few more decent signings in the next couple years to prove this can be a good model. There is certainly dozens on here that have always seemed opposed to selling any players.

I think the direction we are going in we'll set a new transfer fee paid record during Cormacks time

30 minutes ago, NEM said:

The £1 million reported was a stewarty Milne million. It was £700k according to the annual accounts 

Well, if that’s the case I doubt if AFC are the only club affected by that sort of misleading information. So , in order to get proper comparisons we’d better disregard all media reports of transfer fees and wait until the true information is disclosed in annual accounts.

9 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Hopefully the club get a few more decent signings in the next couple years to prove this can be a good model. There is certainly dozens on here that have always seemed opposed to selling any players.

I think the direction we are going in we'll set a new transfer fee paid record during Cormacks time

Not exactly going to be hard the way things are with transfer fees, our record is only £1m

The model should be to develop or buy players and sell on for a profit like they do in Scandinavia. We then hope we don’t get a career threatening injury by some hammer thrower hearts/Motherwell team. 
Miovski & Vicente are definitely a couple of those where their value is higher than we paid and we hope to make a profit on. 

If a good player becomes available at a good price then we will spend the money required on them knowing we will benefit in the future. Speculate to accumulate. 

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I don’t mind selling players providing we get market value. The only doubt I have is that Mowbray and Gunn as a duo can unearth the replacements that are the required level on a regular basis to make the process a success. 

Have good feeling about both Bojan and Vicente next season, both tied down to long terms deals but the reality is if they have a quality season we will be lucky to hold onto them for the following season. It’s shit but it’s just football these days unfortunately. 

4 minutes ago, slippers said:

I don’t mind selling players providing we get market value. The only doubt I have is that Mowbray and Gunn as a duo can unearth the replacements that are the required level on a regular basis to make the process a success. 

Have good feeling about both Bojan and Vicente next season, both tied down to long terms deals but the reality is if they have a quality season we will be lucky to hold onto them for the following season. It’s shit but it’s just football these days unfortunately. 

You can only judge Mowbray from Vicente onwards so we see how it goes. 

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

You can only judge Mowbray from Vicente onwards so we see how it goes. 

Absolutely. Gut feeling is we are a few quality  creative players away from doing really well in summer window. But we won’t really know till we are 10 games into the season. We have turned over so many players this summer I won’t be having any excuses if we don’t qualify for Europe this season.

I still have doubts over Goodwin as a manager based on previous games but he deserves a clean slate with his own team.

9 minutes ago, slippers said:

Absolutely. Gut feeling is we are a few quality  creative players away from doing really well in summer window. But we won’t really know till we are 10 games into the season. We have turned over so many players this summer I won’t be having any excuses if we don’t qualify for Europe this season.

I still have doubts over Goodwin as a manager based on previous games but he deserves a clean slate with his own team.

Another player on level of Miovski as either a winger or a striker (as Miovski is obviously both) and then add Ronan/alternative and we are looking good. 

Young EPL/Juve loanee punt for another attacker and we are cooking with gas

16 minutes ago, 4n4LprObE666 said:

Not sure about this one but I'm hearing we're taking a punt on another amateur youngster with potential from the US to develop.

South American / Dutch heritage and openly gay apparently.

Tried Googling his name but came up with no info.

No thanks there were enough nannies prancing around on the park last season like ballerinas. 

Scott Burns saying a journo in Italy has told him it's a fee or €4m plus add ons and a 5 year contract. That works out to be just under £3.4m. Even better deal for us. 

So this summer along we've brought in just under £8m in transfer fees plus the £1m for McKenna promotion.

Get the chequebook out Daytah Davie. 

1 hour ago, Hagi's pubic hair said:

Do you ever stop, ffs dude, grow up, it will take however long it takes.
Go outside and get some fresh air, come back in a week.

Wait so not wanting my club to be held ransom by players wanting more money than they’re worth or keeping us hanging while they wait to see if they get a better offer elsewhere is wrong? 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Mivoski 10 million +