Summer 2022 Transfer Window

10 minutes ago, RabidGiraffe said:

Is he a forward as supposed to a striker, so expect him to compete with the likes of Vinny, Watkins and Kennedy for a spot in the team?

Now can we swap McLennan to Peterhead for a balloon and a packet of boiled sweets?

Looked like an out & out centre forward in the video that’s on the thread. 

Would we go with 3 strikers in Miovski, Ramirez & this lad, or are we being economical with the truth on Ramirez? 
On-line stuff suggests Ramirez family are coming back so maybe he’s not going anywhere. 

Just now, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Would we go with 3 strikers in Miovski, Ramirez & this lad, or are we being economical with the truth on Ramirez? 
On-line stuff suggests Ramirez family are coming back so maybe he’s not going anywhere. 

Ramirez isn't going anywhere but after last season it'll be good to have options up front.

https://www.record.pt/futebol/futebol-nacional/liga-bwin/benfica/detalhe/prometeu-no-benfica-foi-maquina-de-golos-nos-sub-19-e-agora-segue-para-a-escocia-duk-ruma-ao-aberdeen?ref=Saber Mais_BlocoSaberMais

Hopefully the headline is true - 

"He promised at Benfica, was a goalscoring 'machine' in the under-19s and now goes to Scotland: Duk heads to Aberdeen

Luís Lopes leaves for his first experience outside Portugal but takes with him the 'killer' instinct"

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yeah, I hadn't watched the video before I opened my mouth.  Definitely a striker from those clips.

I don't see us having this guy, Bojan and Ramirez and keeping them all happy with the system we play.

11 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Another Athletic player….

is he a trifle fat or is it just my imagination?

Yeah, I also thought he looked like he was on the same diet as Jet in some of the clips, maybe that’s why he is being released after previously thought so highly of at Benfica last year.

For the first time (pretty much ever) we have the luxury of affording some extra players for added competition/back up in numerous areas. Be great to have 3 main strikers to chose from plus a young lad also. 
Keeping all of them happy is JG’s problem as he has said he will play his strongest 11 in every game. 

13 minutes ago, Vermelhos said:

According to Benfica supporter I just asked, was apparently very good / exciting. He thinks it's strange for them to be losing him (if true)

He’s 22 though. Surely would of been in or about the first team by now if anywhere near good enough. He has a good return of 8 goal in 20 games. Looking like he came of bench in 14 of them so isn’t even a first pick for the B team. 

Worth a punt isn’t it. We need a back up striker and this lad has a good strike rate considering he hasn’t started much games. Guess it’s similar to the lad Hibs have signed both probably a bit of a gamble but worth the risk. No idea what level the second tier of Portuguese football is like.