Summer 2022 Transfer Window

11 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Sensible signing him now, giving him a season to settle. As Ramirez will only be here until the end of this season at latest, then we will be looking for another striker next summer anyway.

Bit weird JG saying just yesterday that he was looking at a couple of attacking midfielders and a winger if this was a done deal pretty much. Unless he sees him as an  AM/Winger?

Managers just play games with the media about signings min.  Has always been the case. Pointless taking their word as gospel on these matters. 

9 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Managers just play games with the media about signings min.  Has always been the case. Pointless taking their word as gospel on these matters. 

Yeah, just found it a bit strange. Also by that logic, I wonder if Ramirez really is sticking around? Of all positions we need players for, centre forward wouldn't be in my top 6. Suppose they sign when they sign and the attacking midfielder(s)and winger will follow. yesterday shows we still need an experienced natural left back also.

Just now, King Street Loon said:

Nae heard of this Duk guy and know idea if he's good, but I'm sure he's been thoroughly scouted and will be an asset.

Did the boy Jota at Celtic come to them from Benfica B?

Think Jota came from the first team. But in Portugal like Holland they swap between the first team and B team all season, but can't play for both in the same game week.

7 minutes ago, Zorba said:

Yeah, just found it a bit strange. Also by that logic, I wonder if Ramirez really is sticking around? Of all positions we need players for, centre forward wouldn't be in my top 6. Suppose they sign when they sign and the attacking midfielder(s)and winger will follow. yesterday shows we still need an experienced natural left back also.

I don't think he's planning on sticking around unless he has to.  We've said we will listen to offers for him so we wouldn't have said that unless there was something behind it.  

As long as he keeps scoring while he's here then I'll have no complaints.

And if we've got 3 guys that can play up front then so much the better. We'll maybe play 2 up front sometimes or Bojan wide in a front 3.  None of which we could do last season really. 

Watkins is toast I think. 

11 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Nae heard of this Duk guy and no idea if he's good, but I'm sure he's been thoroughly scouted and will be an asset.

Did the boy Jota at Celtic come to them from Benfica B?

Jota did play for Benfica B but he also played 20 odd games for the top team and had a loan spell in spain. 

7 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I don't think he's planning on sticking around unless he has to.  We've said we will listen to offers for him so we wouldn't have said that unless there was something behind it.  

As long as he keeps scoring while he's here then I'll have no complaints.

And if we've got 3 guys that can play up front then so much the better. We'll maybe play 2 up front sometimes or Bojan wide in a front 3.  None of which we could do last season really. 

Watkins is toast I think. 

Yeah I wonder if he's just sticking around to see us through the League Cup group stage until Miovski comes in.

Watkins can't be trusted to stay fit. Can't build a team around a player like that. Decent enough player when fit and on his game but be lucky to get 20 games out of him a season.

Just now, thurso said:

A punt would be a free transfer or a small fee like cosgrove would it not. £400,000 is more than we have spent in years apart from miovski 

Speculate to accumulate.

Could be worth 10 million in a year or two.

Apparantly Benfica have included a high sell on clause.

25 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

If it was Hearts, Hibs  or Utd signing this boy, we’d be pissed off.

Hearts are spending fuck all on fees. Maybe the Foundation of Fartz have a monthly payment to meet. I’m going to love turning them cunts over next season.

If WHS sees this he'll be on bumping his gums saying we won't turn them over next season because they have guaranteed money from Europe and also they have a waiting list for ST's now ?

5 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Do Celtic and Rangers have the same visa issues when they sign European players?Or indeed English Premier teams?

If they were signing the same players on the same deals then they would. They tend to sign higher profile players in a larger financial deal which gets them more eligibility points.

1 hour ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Having options is ideal. It's almost the exact opposite of what many of us moaned about last season. We can avoid having to rely on Ramirez having a good game.

Yep. What we need (obvious to anyone) is options across all positions.

What we've had in recent seasons is options in one or two areas and no options at every other position.

Eg about 12 central/screening midfield players last year and only 1 striker.

34 minutes ago, thurso said:

A punt would be a free transfer or a small fee like cosgrove would it not. £400,000 is more than we have spent in years apart from miovski 

Think I recall reading that Hibs got the lad from Benfica B for nothing but a clause in his contract so the fact we spent 400k on him shows he’s rated higher.