Summer 2022 Transfer Window

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Hopefully we're not starting to sign the likes of Rooney - he's a big physical, hard working right back, but he's not a particularly good footballer. I've no idea how old he is, but I think he peaked last season and isn't going to reach those heights again.

Same goes with Calum Hendry - I wouldn't be surprised if we went for him, not necessarily as a first choice striker, but as a squad option - he seems like a Jim Goowdin type.

Alan Forrest is another one I could see happening. Decent enough player - but maybe shades of the Matty Kennedy signing - is he really good enough if we want to be challenging for trophies? I'm not convinced.

43 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

If we want to put daylight between us and the rest, then there needs to be some serious investment to cover the rebuild this summer,

Are the names being banded about (Rooney, Dunne, Hladky) any better than the players we have or some of the shite that play regularly for the bottom feeders in the league?

If this is the calibre of player we’re signing, then next Season will be a lottery as to where we finish in the league.

Agree with all of above! If we want to be qualifying for Europe and challenging for cups I have my doubts these types of players will take us their!?

53 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

If we want to put daylight between us and the rest, then there needs to be some serious investment to cover the rebuild this summer,

Are the names being banded about (Rooney, Dunne, Hladky) any better than the players we have or some of the shite that play regularly for the bottom feeders in the league?

If this is the calibre of player we’re signing, then next Season will be a lottery as to where we finish in the league.

Agreed. Don't think any of the names we've been linked with so far are very inspiring.

Hladky has been the only almost interesting link for me. I remember him being more than decent for St Mirren when he was there. 

1 hour ago, Andy_123 said:

Agreed. Don't think any of the names we've been linked with so far are very inspiring.

Hladky has been the only almost interesting link for me. I remember him being more than decent for St Mirren when he was there. 

If we are going back to these signings in paper we would of been as well keeping the previous scouting setup and McInnes. Seems a bit strange, but at same time it’s only rumours so hopefully they are only rumours! 

2 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

Hladky is head and shoulders above any keeper in the league outwith Gordon, Hart and probably the rapist. Siegrist at a push. Certainly an upgrade on Lewis or Woods. I'll give you the other 2. Need to be sourcing better than Dunne and Rooney. The fact that Rooney has the nickname "The Bellshill Cafu" is reason enough not to sign him. Not sure what's worse. The nickname or the bleached hair and ginger beard. 

52 minutes ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Hladky is head and shoulders above any keeper in the league outwith Gordon, Hart and probably the rapist. Siegrist at a push. Certainly an upgrade on Lewis or Woods. I'll give you the other 2. Need to be sourcing better than Dunne and Rooney. The fact that Rooney has the nickname "The Bellshill Cafu" is reason enough not to sign him. Not sure what's worse. The nickname or the bleached hair and ginger beard. 

Your selling Siegrest short there btw.

2 hours ago, slippers said:

If we are going back to these signings in paper we would of been as well keeping the previous scouting setup and McInnes. Seems a bit strange, but at same time it’s only rumours so hopefully they are only rumours! 

We have budget constraints like it or not!

It comes down to management and getting the best out of our players in said budget. 

11 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

We have budget constraints like it or not!

It comes down to management and getting the best out of our players in said budget. 

Of course we do but signing players that have been average at best or had a small purple patch in their career in last 24 months is no reason to sign them! It’s not even as if these are young players we can develop. 

My expectations may be on high side but to be happy to sign Curtis main esk players to turn round in 6 months time to say they are garbage is just a complete waste of a wage! 

80% of our signings that we are spending good wages on should be of a good age, that we can develop or give a stepping stone to further their career! The club our size has to sign some stop gaps unfortunately, as many have said you can’t do it all in 1 window but they should be as far and few between as possible! 

If Goodwin has identified your Rooneys, Dunnes and Van Veens of this world to take us forward expect a battle to get into top 6 next season again! 

4 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

We are a bottom 6 side, so that is going to inhibit our persuasive power

6 hours ago, Robin Askwith said:

Sadly some of those names are an upgrade on who we have.

I'm sure we'll sign some players who theres been no links to (see Besuijwin as an example).

Think we wouldnt' be worse off for getting in guys like McCart or Forrest who are an upgarde on who we have currently and are realtively experienced in the league

4 hours ago, slippers said:

Of course we do but signing players that have been average at best or had a small purple patch in their career in last 24 months is no reason to sign them! It’s not even as if these are young players we can develop. 

My expectations may be on high side but to be happy to sign Curtis main esk players to turn round in 6 months time to say they are garbage is just a complete waste of a wage! 

80% of our signings that we are spending good wages on should be of a good age, that we can develop or give a stepping stone to further their career! The club our size has to sign some stop gaps unfortunately, as many have said you can’t do it all in 1 window but they should be as far and few between as possible! 

If Goodwin has identified your Rooneys, Dunnes and Van Veens of this world to take us forward expect a battle to get into top 6 next season again! 

Goodwin hasn't identified any of them for all we know and who mentioned Curtis Main??

Calm yourself down dear.

On 4/5/2022 at 7:52 AM, mainstandmoan said:

Update

Formal bid made for Charles Dunne, £200K

Interest in Cove Rangers left back, Harry Milne.

Ojo, McGeouch, Considine contracts not being renewed (expect official statement this week). Campbell, JET, Woods, McLennan and Joe Lewis told they are free to find other clubs.

Ramirez formally requested move back to US.

Langfield not an option for goalkeeping coach as he doesn't hold a proper licence. He's able to work with ST Mirren first team as their youth goalkeeping coach has a licence.

New shirt sponsor likely to be 3 different sponsors, front, back and sleeves. Rob Wicks tasked with finding large blue chip replacement for Saltire. Fail. Local companies now involved.

When are we expected to hear about Joe Lewis, Ojo etc.. leaving?

• Haha 1
10 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

Goodwin hasn't identified any of them for all we know and who mentioned Curtis Main??

Calm yourself down dear.

I can’t help it. We know we have a average manager, we know we have a shite team. Only thing that can save us now is recruiting decent players. Let’s hope all these rumours are just rumours and we aren’t in total rebuild mode in 14 months time agai! 

• Haha 1