Livingston 2 - 1 Aberdeen

The club is an absolute disaster right now. Change desperately needed before Wednesday. Get this lot out and give Wednesday and the cup game to Barry Robson. Let's be honest we aren't winning the cup anyway. The only issue I have is do I trust Cormack to take it seriously and get the next appointment right? For me, it's a no. I can see it already. Broony gets it until the end of the season. All part of a succession plan. 

6 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Alex Neil isn’t coming to AFC on ANY length of contract. And to be honest, I’m not sure what the hardon is with him anyway. Other than selling a clearly fucked Stevie May to us

And taking Norwich from nowhere to promotion into the EPL  in less than 6 months

Kept PNE in the Championship (which was/is the only real thing asked of PNE managers) with a budget that never exceeded being in the bottom 6 of clubs in it each year

I don't know who you and a few others are thinking we might appoint? But the job is nowhere near as attractive as some seem to believe. Especially with a limited budget that is decent in Scottish terms, but miniscule even in comparison to a few EFL1 sides

6 minutes ago, Broken_Glass said:

Wow - the new regime's biggest fan has spoken. Can you not see what they're trying to do and implement anymore? 

Wouldn't say that I'm the biggest fan, I just thought it was madness to be calling for a change to be made before now, however the last 3 games shows that he hasn't learned and persisting with Ojo is making me want to smash my head off of a moving train.

6 minutes ago, minijc said:

Wouldn't say that I'm the biggest fan, I just thought it was madness to be calling for a change to be made before now, however the last 3 games shows that he hasn't learned and persisting with Ojo is making me want to smash my head off of a moving train.

Who else applied for the job last time 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I see what you did there

Am I right in saying that the only one on his staff with any actual credit in their respective positions is Russel? All others are basically imposters filling a role with little to zero actual experience in the job, or at this level at least

I see supporters revolting if this continues. Cormack will understand if aberdna is down and revenues fall due to fan disengagement. He needs a big summer. And the imposters you speak of need gone.

Just now, Ten Caat said:

What the fuck has that got to do with Aberdeen or the quite obvious lack of form Ramsay has shown since the turn of the year?

Ramsay is our most creative player. He’s not been that bad. His crosses first half snd link up play with Vincente were about the only positive of today’s game 

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Who are these “very good managerial candidates”? I don’t remember anyone remotely decent being linked with the job. It’s hardly a sought after post. 

The problem for both sides of the Glass argument is, we will never know who wanted the job, because there was no proper recruitment process. The current incumbent was a shoo-in from the start. It is my view however, that had such a process taken place, we would almost certainly have yielded a more experienced candidate than we did.

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Brown isn't the answer - he's part of the shambles. I really thought he'd instill some competitiveness and aggression in the team and improve standards etc but he's done none of that.  Never even see him really shouting and demanding more from the players when he's on the pitch.

Brown is a winner, his record proves it, but he can only do so much and for me, he is well down the list of priorities.

1 hour ago, The Lighthouse said:

One point from St Mirren, Ross County and Livi. Add to that the inevitable defeat in the Scottish Cup and surely to fk Cormack might just waken up to the fact that the experiment has failed...and badly.

There was never any justification for appointing Glass and for a club of our stature and history there should have been a number of decent candidates.

Agree with both paragraphs, our away form in particular is absolutely shocking, in games which were there for the taking.

56 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

A club of our stature and history? Lol

Too many stuck in the past. It’s not an attractive job to any decent manager.

I respectfully disagree strongly. With annual European football and a decent crack at trophies, it is a decent job for an up and coming manager, as well as someone who perhaps lost their way and needs to rebuild their legacy. I grant you we may only be a stepping stone for both candidate profiles, but nevertheless it is a certainty we could have attracted someone with ability and experience.

27 minutes ago, The Red Express said:

The biggest source of frustration for me this season is by and large the teams around us have been awful. Every week I sit and think it is time to kick on and get ahead of the pack and we don't do it.

This is the most shocking indictment of all, for me. Yes, we are in a transitional period, but with the exception of Hearts, the rest of the league out with Rantic and Celgers have been absolutely shocking and third place (or fourth at the VERY least) have been there for the taking. 

11 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

And taking Norwich from nowhere to promotion into the EPL  in less than 6 months

Kept PNE in the Championship (which was/is the only real thing asked of PNE managers) with a budget that never exceeded being in the bottom 6 of clubs in it each year

I don't know who you and a few others are thinking we might appoint? But the job is nowhere near as attractive as some seem to believe. Especially with a limited budget that is decent in Scottish terms, but miniscule even in comparison to a few EFL1 sides

Wouldn’t be averse to Neil but Norwich were near the top of the championship when he took over were they not?

Did a cracking job at Hamilton. Worry is he’s on a similar downward curve, much like McInnes 

Just now, thurso said:

Ramsay is our most creative player. He’s not been that bad. His crosses first half snd link up play with Vincente were about the only positive of today’s game 

Weird why he’s played at RB. I’m no coach but I can clearly see he’d be excellent in an attacking midfield role.