Barry Robson

53 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He celebrated very few goals the last 4-5 months which was a bit of a strange trait. He knew it was all going south

Not sure. Think the pressure got to him but suspect he was surprised to be sacked…Agnew was very distant suggesting he had an incline ?

Correct decion from the club, albeit 3 months too late in terms of salvaging this season, probably. 
Aberdeen is a big gig, manager wise and that should be respected. Hope there is significant money spent on appointing the most important person in the club/company.

lessons have hopefully been learned on what not to do. If we go with an interim appointment then so be it, but time should be taken on finding the right full time person and I hope it is. I would like to think this has been under consideration from the powers that be and there is a plan in place, prior to his actual sacking. I have my doubts though.

nothing against BR personally and hope he gets a new gig somewhere, although realistically, I think he needs to start further down the food chain and learn.

Like that last 2 before him and a lot before DMC, the gig is too big and ultimately they just didn’t have the competence and minerals to make it work.

no more projects please, Dave..

10 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

How many games before you hate the new manager and obsess with getting him out? Do you already hate him a little bit?

If he’s shite not long but not until into next season 🤷 with his own team.

just as with Glass, Goodwin & Robson.

I gave all ample time. Just because I am not a soft touch sentimental happy clapper hoping for best once clear it won’t happen, that’s nothing I will be ridiculed or ashamed for 🤷 

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If he’s shite not long but not until into next season 🤷 with his own team.

just as with Glass, Goodwin & Robson.

I gave all ample time. Just because I am not a soft touch sentimental happy clapper hoping for best once clear it won’t happen, that’s nothing I will be ridiculed or ashamed for 🤷 

You do realise you have zero say in decisions though? So being obsessed with managers that you hate is only doing yourself difficulty. 

please let us guide you through the next one 

1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

You do realise you have zero say in decisions though? So being obsessed with managers that you hate is only doing yourself difficulty. 

please let us guide you through the next one 

Jesus I thought I spoke a lot of shite 🤣

you do realise you have zero say in me or my decisions though? So being obsessed with me is only doing yourself difficulty.

please let yourself guide you to fk 🤣

• Haha 1
12 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Correct decion from the club, albeit 3 months too late in terms of salvaging this season, probably. 
Aberdeen is a big gig, manager wise and that should be respected. Hope there is significant money spent on appointing the most important person in the club/company.

lessons have hopefully been learned on what not to do. If we go with an interim appointment then so be it, but time should be taken on finding the right full time person and I hope it is. I would like to think this has been under consideration from the powers that be and there is a plan in place, prior to his actual sacking. I have my doubts though.

nothing against BR personally and hope he gets a new gig somewhere, although realistically, I think he needs to start further down the food chain and learn.

Like that last 2 before him and a lot before DMC, the gig is too big and ultimately they just didn’t have the competence and minerals to make it work.

no more projects please, Dave..

That’s the big problem , Cormack hasn’t a clue, he hasn’t learned his lesson , Robson, Goodwin, Glass plus allowing the management team to sign up a good few fairies. 

So was looking at a few stats today... looks like aberdeen fc are a bit of a death sentence when it comes to a manager gig.

Cant quite believe this but Alec ferguson was our last manager that won a major trophy after leaving the club, (I don't count mcinness winning scottish champ as major, nor Steve Patterson winning aberdeenshire cup).

But mcghee, calderwood, skovdahl none of them won sod all after leaving us...

Seems that when you get sacked from us your career is more or less over in terms of success.

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Jesus I thought I spoke a lot of shite 🤣

you do realise you have zero say in me or my decisions though? So being obsessed with me is only doing yourself difficulty.

please let yourself guide you to fk 🤣

That was a good response. I’m going to let you have this one. Every dog has their day 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Peedie1 said:

So was looking at a few stats today... looks like aberdeen fc are a bit of a death sentence when it comes to a manager gig.

Cant quite believe this but Alec ferguson was our last manager that won a major trophy after leaving the club, (I don't count mcinness winning scottish champ as major, nor Steve Patterson winning aberdeenshire cup).

Seems that when you get sacked from us your career is more or less over in terms of success.

spacer.png

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Peedie1 said:

Or, by and large, they were diddy’s when they were with us 

57 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

spacer.png

Aye but a lot of the ex managers or assistants have gone on to falling uphill

Aitken went on to be assistant at Leeds, under David o leary.

Tommy Craig first team coach at Newcastle under Sir Bobby Robson 

Alex miller head scout then coach at Liverpool getting himself a champions league medal.

4 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

Aye but a lot of the ex managers or assistants have gone on to falling uphill

Aitken went on to be assistant at Leeds, under David o leary.

Tommy Craig first team coach at Newcastle under Sir Bobby Robson 

Alex miller head scout then coach at Liverpool getting himself a champions league medal.

Any examples from this century?

Even though i thought it was time for Robson to go as the tactics were not working.

He should be remembered as a player, coach and manager who gave his all to the club and wish him the best in his next part of his journey wherever that is (except iprix)

• Upvote 3
Just now, caledonia said:

Even though i thought it was time for Robson to go as the tactics were not working.

He should be remembered as a player, coach and manager who gave his all to the club and wish him the best in his next part of his journey wherever that is (except iprix)

100%. 👏 The club reached the right decision, it's done now. Sad how things played out, but he should be remembered fondly for the player he was and the job he did as interim manager.

• 3 weeks later...