Barry Robson

7 minutes ago, minijc said:

Well that could have happened of course but didn't feel that way with how the game was going.  I feel those tactics are better suited once we've got a lead to protect, at 0-0 they look a bit silly but it doesn't really matter as over the whole game they worked and we won.

Ok but if it doesn’t matter why would you bring up the whole hypothetical thing then 

27 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Again that quote. At the top. That's the words. 

So to keep suggestion that those that were happy to give time,and that's really what it'll always come down to, are revising or creating a argument is utter baws. 

I still see folk suggesting such. The posts are there to get him sacked. As I said some I can understand. But after ibrox win and don't misquote me like that result is the be all and end all,but that win,doesn't and should never consistute sacking a manager "before the players get fed up of his shite"

The reason it's going round and fucking round is cause folk are calling other folk liars in other words or that sacking posts havenae happened. And they have. And ye can bark on all ye want. Nothing to do with backing Robson but simply stating those posts exist. 

People are arguing that there hasn't been a campaign or an agenda to get him sacked which is the narrative that has been repeated by you and others rather than simple conflicting opinion. These same people are being accused of having actively wanted their team to lose so that Robson gets punted. 

Nobody is saying there haven't been posts criticising him, there have been plenty. Some of it merited and some over the top nonsense and I've said as much in multiple replies to you and others. 

Has there been a lot of people complaining about results, performances and tactics prior to the last week? Yes

Are there people on the forum who had reservations when Robson was appointed? Yes

Are there people who still want to see the back of him? Probably but the number is reducing as results/performances improve

Does people posting their opinions mean there is an agenda or campaign to have him sacked? Of course not, you've even said as much in your own reply that you can understand some of the criticisms being made. 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, VinegarStrokes said:

People are arguing that there hasn't been a campaign or an agenda to get him sacked which is the narrative that has been repeated by you and others rather than simple conflicting opinion. These same people are being accused of having actively wanted their team to lose so that Robson gets punted. 

Nobody is saying there haven't been posts criticising him, there have been plenty. Some of it merited and some over the top nonsense and I've said as much in multiple replies to you and others. 

Has there been a lot of people complaining about results, performances and tactics prior to the last week? Yes

Are there people on the forum who had reservations when Robson was appointed? Yes

Are there people who still want to see the back of him? Probably but the number is reducing as results/performances improve

Does people posting their opinions mean there is an agenda or campaign to have him sacked? Of course not, you've even said as much in your own reply that you can understand some of the criticisms being made. 

Aye and I agree with just about all ye say. 

But there is sacking,agenda,campaign posts. Folk trying to manipulate and coax. That bloody quote is case and point and there's others. Ibrox win.. look at the post. The time. He/she has others and what is that if not trying to pull an agenda?! 

Before players get fed up....of what?! Results have been off,fitba too. But now you and me are going round in bloody circles cause ye point blank refuse see ma point. It's there,I've read them and I ain't falling out with folk on the back of how we're doing. It's fucking nuts. But so is telling me and others folk like that quote and many others are trying to create a narrative of shite beyond. 

Fuck sake. We agree to disagree and then I see yer popping at others. Its a forum. We all get it. It ain't a place ye can accuse folk of lying cause they see it. Folk don't want Robson,never did. And that quote sums it up among many. The context speaks of agenda,campaign whatever bullshit for I don't want this guy 

25 minutes ago, thurso said:

It would all depend what you class as a campaign against him. I have no qualms in saying I had a campaign against Goodwin as I hated him and thought he was a terrible manager who didn’t deserve the job, but under no circumstances did I ever go into a game hoping Aberdeen f.c would lose. I’d say these people who were against robson were the same. You only need one voice at the start to get a campaign going. 

I base my opinions of what I read on here as that is generally the persons opinion in real life, not many people would think one thing then type completely opposite just to annoy people 

Now you are falling into the trap others have done of belittling people who don’t share your opinion. 

I think what you are describing as one person's opinion ie yourself relating to Goodwin is entirely different to the suggestion from multiple people that a campaign has been in place by multiple posters to have him sacked, that's simply not based in fact and not representative of my match day experience. I'd say it's far fetched to suggest that the rantings on here (a tiny percentage of the fan base after all) are any more than folk letting off steam rather than some concerted effort to get the club to give Robson the bullet.

I agree, was a bit of a shitty response on my behalf, I've no desire to get involved in that and generally I treat everyone with the respect they show me so I apologise for that. 

2 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Aye and I agree with just about all ye say. 

But there is sacking,agenda,campaign posts. Folk trying to manipulate and coax. That bloody quote is case and point and there's others. Ibrox win.. look at the post. The time. He/she has others and what is that if not trying to pull an agenda?! 

Before players get fed up....of what?! Results have been off,fitba too. But now you and me are going round in bloody circles cause ye point blank refuse see ma point. It's there,I've read them and I ain't falling out with folk on the back of how we're doing. It's fucking nuts. But so is telling me and others folk like that quote and many others are trying to create a narrative of shite beyond. 

Fuck sake. We agree to disagree and then I see yer popping at others. Its a forum. We all get it. It ain't a place ye can accuse folk of lying cause they see it. Folk don't want Robson,never did. And that quote sums it up among many. The context speaks of agenda,campaign whatever bullshit for I don't want this guy 

I'd find it a bit more easy to accept your criticism of me if you'd pulled up the arsehole that called me a racist in this very thread for no other reason than having a differing viewpoint but seeing as you failed to do that spare me the lecture on having a pop at others 

3 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

I'd find it a bit more easy to accept your criticism of me if you'd pulled up the arsehole that called me a racist in this very thread for no other reason than having a differing viewpoint but seeing as you failed to do that spare me the lecture on having a pop at others 

I've got no clue what yer on about. Have a pop at them. I've called ye nada. I'm not interested in personal pops at anyone. Opinions fine..liars naw. I don't accept anyone calling someone a racist. 

And I'm no even naming the person that I've quoted because I ain't interested in personal shite. Look and see yersel. Said it afore,i ain't thick,and getting labeled as such for calling out behaviour...nah...opinions grand. Say ye don't want Robson. But don't start manipulating wins into shite from changing room. We're reading and seeing and that's why it's going round in bloody circles. Cause it's thar simple. Racism is disgusting as is any prejudice besides hating the huns. And that's cause they're mostly sectarian and racists. 

Good luck fella 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

well I'm disagree with those saying that luck didn't come into it, I feel that it did in the first 30 mins.

Well who knows?They might have done better with their chances and Roos might have saved them.I couldnt see much wrong with the first 30 mins.Last time we played at Ibrox were we unlucky not to get a pen and Duk not to take his chance?Were we unlucky not to equalise against Frankfurt?Or take our chances at home to Hacken or Hibs?At the end of the day its only the scoreline that counts I suppose.

24 minutes ago, ERNIE said:

Well who knows?They might have done better with their chances and Roos might have saved them.I couldnt see much wrong with the first 30 mins.Last time we played at Ibrox were we unlucky not to get a pen and Duk not to take his chance?Were we unlucky not to equalise against Frankfurt?Or take our chances at home to Hacken or Hibs?At the end of the day its only the scoreline that counts I suppose.

Yes Ernie, we've been unlucky in every game, just a shame that in most we've been very, very tired and unlucky meaning the opposition has put a few goals past us.

20 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yes Ernie, we've been unlucky in every game, just a shame that in most we've been very, very tired and unlucky meaning the opposition has put a few goals past us.

Bit of a sarky reply there Mini.But you do tend to mention luck only when we win games....

9 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Yeah well the other side of that is some posters on here havnt been slow to hurl abuse at those who said it was far too early to be sacking yet another manager and that Robson needed time with all the changes to the squad and with quite a few only arriving late in the window.There was loads of it.

I never said there wasn't... But it's just going round in circles now and it's boring as fuck coming on here and reading the same pish, inane drivel about who's right and who's wrong. We're never going to agree on everything, Opinions are like arseholes as the saying goes.

13 hours ago, a don in oz said:

It WAS too early but anyone that thinks if he'd kept up the form we were in, and we'd lost the 3 games after Frankfurt that there wouldn't be discussions (at the very least) in the board room is having a laugh. I'd be very surprised if there hadn't already been some casual informal talk amongst the board without anything firm being said. You can't ignore the shit form.

There is "too early to get rid of" but there is also "falling at an ever-increasing pace down the shitter" which he was doing. He's halted that. He's reversed and that's bought him time but anyone who is going into a masturbatory frenzy over him now just because we beat the Huns is just setting themselves up for a fall. He needs to keep this up, continue the improvement and if he does that, he'll be safe. If we fall back to pre-Frankfurt, then he'll be gone. That simple.

Just think about this. It wasn't tactical genius that made us win that because if Rangers had had their shooting boots on we'd have been down and out at half time. We were sitting way too far back for the game we were playing. We got lucky in that first quarter of the game before turning it around. You can't count on luck, though using the good luck you get to your advantage... that's different.

Seriously mate - what a load of shite that was. Go back a few pages and look at the games I posted with an appraisal. Folk making up their own ideas about it and just labelling absolutely everything as bollocks, when clearly, it wasn't. We had a pre-season game against Charlton where we were electric. Spells agsinst Celtc, Stirling and Hacken, where we looked good. Certainly signs of where we could get to. But in all of it, a leaky and nervy looking defence and wingbacks not doing what I personally believe we were setting out to achieve.

So sure, not all good in the hood but it was hardly falling down the shitter through a loss at home to Hibs and a loss away to Hearts. Feck me, Man Utd lost at home again and do you see the pitch forks out for Ten Hag?

As for 'the win has bought him time' comment. Fuck right off with that shite.

8 hours ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Great, so absolutely no evidence of a campaign to have him sacked then? Just folk posting opinions on concerns they had relating to his appointment, his experience, results, performances and tactics? Like you will find on every club's fans forum? 

And you agree nobody posting wanting their team to lose? Unsurprisingly as results and performances improve the background noise lessens. There is no Anti Robson campaign, within reason no one cares who the manager is as long as results and performances continue to improve.

You're falling into TinyWeeBellends trap of thinking you know the motivation for other peoples posts and then presenting it as fact, you don't. If you or others are as weak minded that you base your opinion on shite typed from other randoms on a messageboard that's a you problem.

Jesus - of your 100 post history on here, that's your worst. Have a gold star mate.

7 hours ago, minijc said:

Ok, in the first 30 mins on saturday it looked like we had got it wrong, you've got to acknowledge that had they taken one of the 3 bad misses they had they'd have probably seen us off quite easily .

There was an element of luck in that, especially when the first real chance we create, we got a corner which we scored from, after that we were very good and deserved the win but luck definitely played a part in the opening 30 mins of the game, daft to say otherwise.

Did I not say midweek we should go into the huns match in the same shape and same tactic as Frankfurt? Pretty sure someone shot me down. But we did. We set up to frustrate - get their fans agitated. Through that, do you introduce an element of risk? Of course you do. If we had been more open, more risky in our approach and gone a goal down, game is completely different, as it was at Hearts. Their fans pipe up - we struggle.

You're not the tactical genius you'd have everyone believe Minge.

6 hours ago, VinegarStrokes said:

I think what you are describing as one person's opinion ie yourself relating to Goodwin is entirely different to the suggestion from multiple people that a campaign has been in place by multiple posters to have him sacked, that's simply not based in fact and not representative of my match day experience. I'd say it's far fetched to suggest that the rantings on here (a tiny percentage of the fan base after all) are any more than folk letting off steam rather than some concerted effort to get the club to give Robson the bullet.

I agree, was a bit of a shitty response on my behalf, I've no desire to get involved in that and generally I treat everyone with the respect they show me so I apologise for that. 

If shouting, nae, bellowing at the top of your fat inflicted lungs at Tynecastle, "fuck off Robson. You're just a failed U18 manager" over and over, with other let's say, less than supportive remarks, is not a campaign to get him sacked, then I don't know what is. Is that merely 'conflicting opinions' as you say? Open yer eyes (and ears) min.

My opinion( I'm going to word this like Robbo replies in interviews.

Listen,  

Did I feel that Robbo was making errors,? Yes.

Do I feel that the side has maybe turned a corne?  Perhaps.

Is Robbo the solution long term?

Probably not.

( scratch my neck ) 

What do I think is required for Robbo to be a success?

A capable director of football.

Can we win the league cup?

Listen, we're in the last 4 we have got a chance 

( rub my nose)

I've been in this game ( watching football) a long time. Long enough to know that while the waters have calmed for now it won't take much for questions about his competents to re emerge.

7 hours ago, VinegarStrokes said:

I've mentioned numerous times that some of the criticism has been excessive, that's not trying to play it down or whitewash it to say it didn't happen, that would be ridiculous. However it's not a campaign to get rid of him in the way it was suggested previously. I notice you've also dropped the accusation that people actively wanted the team to lose, well done, have one of your own gold stars you patronising cunt.

Have I?

Look, it doesn't really matter what we agree to call it... an agenda, a vendeta, an uprising, an ideal..... it is what it is pal. Folk were never for him and at the first sign of a bump in the road, were straight on here saying we'd made the wrong choice and we should get rid. Everything elss discussed on the matter is just fluff in my view.
Probably best we drop our interactions as they are somewhat pointless. Unlike Robson's Reds.

Keep calm and Barry on.

A love this back and forth argument for days and days saying the same things but in a different sentence, round and round and round we go, love it.

a think Robson will turn it round

do you a don’t ( input reasons)

well a think Robson will turn it round

add expletives (your maws a cow etc)

next day!, 

a thi____

21 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I’m maybe being overly generous here but it’s almost as if we viewed Frankfurt as our “first” game ie that was the one we worked towards with a side and plan.  All seemed a bit trial and (too often) error before that.

If that was the case, why did he play a completely different formation from the prior games? Surely if he was building to that game he'd have played the same formation and tactics? 

8 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

If shouting, nae, bellowing at the top of your fat inflicted lungs at Tynecastle, "fuck off Robson. You're just a failed U18 manager" over and over, with other let's say, less than supportive remarks, is not a campaign to get him sacked, then I don't know what is. Is that merely 'conflicting opinions' as you say? Open yer eyes (and ears) min.

A fat guy shouting stuff isn't a 'campaign'. I suggest you look up the definition of the word...

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Kipling said "if you can meet success and failure and treat them both as imposters, then you are a balanced man, my son".

So in a Barry Robson/Dons context I didn't get too wound up at the failure to beat Livingston or our usual defeat at Tynecastle, but did get angry with the home defeat against Hibernian. 

Conversely I didn't get too celebratory with the performance against Frankfurt or our double header victories against County, but was mighty impressed with the performance and victory at Ibrox. 

The aforementioned attitude is much better for the blood pressure IMO. 

The last 4 matches have been encouraging after a tepid start to the season. 🤞the next 4 matches build on that recent form.

10 hours ago, Tinyweelad said:

Did I not say midweek we should go into the huns match in the same shape and same tactic as Frankfurt? Pretty sure someone shot me down. But we did. We set up to frustrate - get their fans agitated. Through that, do you introduce an element of risk? Of course you do. If we had been more open, more risky in our approach and gone a goal down, game is completely different, as it was at Hearts. Their fans pipe up - we struggle.

You're not the tactical genius you'd have everyone believe Minge.

I didn't see that post of yours but I do remember you and some others more or less saying that it's a game he shouldn't be judged on and you gave the usual "those with an agenda will rip into him if we lose" or some shit along those lines.

Overall the set up worked, that came after some tweaks though, so it's daft to ignore the first 30 where it wasn't working and thankfully Robson didn't ignore it.  Those opening minutes sort of highlight that tactics like that will probably fail more times than they work. 

Nothing against Robson or the tactics specifically but approaching two different teams the same way is naïve and it will get shown up in the long run, Frankfurt and Rangers play differently.  Best example of of what I'm getting at is what Ange Postecoglou said last season about teams in Scotland, their biggest problem is that they approach games against Celtic and the Rangers the same way which is wrong as they play differently. 

On Saturday the same approach from Frankfurt wasn't working, we were properly under it until we got the goal which afforded us the luxury to make a change to our approach and as I said we were the better side after that.

Also hilarious that you are acting like a genius for suggesting that when you still haven't realised that your lad has changed from his initial tactics, still claiming it's all down to the players just 'clicking'.

Funny to look back through some of this and note that you can't find posts that have been marked as a blanket dislike or downvoted if it is in support of Robson, his tactics or in general. However the posts that are in disagreement with anything at all, whether it be a genuine valid opinion or even if it is simply pointing out inconsistencies or whatever in a post, almost always do have a blanket dislike or are downvoted. 

My opinion here is that the opinion of anyone who is critical of Robson is seen as not valid by some whereas the opposite is true for the people who are super supporters and are completely behind everything he does and they must not be disagreed with.

Discuss... or just dislike as is your way

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
  • 3 months later...
On 4/23/2023 at 8:24 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

All those questioning his experience/cheap option etc. really have to start to admit soon (if not already) that maybe, just maybe, we really did have had the right man for the job in the building all this time 🤔

We could actually have a decent manager on our hands. He gets it. He certainly gets ‘Scottish football’ he gets Aberdeen. He gets ‘graft’ 

He can get better ‘with experience’ but I am struggling to buy into him not being ‘experienced’ he’s a real old fashioned football man & maybe ‘old fashioned’ is EXACTLY what our club needs to reignite 

Come on Barry. Become our second best manager of all time.

Prove your doubters wrong 

If Carlsberg did hindsight 

Its great reading some of the comments on there we were all duped.

p.s random post selected but i was just as bad.