Barry Robson

2 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Naw,am just not wasting ma time going through stuff to prove points. Nobody can be arsed. 

We'll agree to disagree man. I've never used word campaign but folk wanting to point score aye. I have read it. 

And I ain't wasting ma day going back and forth. Nae bother 

Bizarre that you felt the  need to reply initially then

31 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

I assume you're going round the houses with your response to avoid answering the question in my post you replied to. I'm not trying to claim Robson hasn't come in for some stick (some warranted, some a bit harsh) but that's not a campaign, it's simply opinion on a forum.

In reality it's your perception that is the issue here, not one person wants the team to be losing matches to be proved right, that would be moronic yet it's something that gets bandied around without substance and you've just hinted at again above with the usual caveat of you can't be arsed to trawl the board to find examples.

Also, just to clarify, that'll be zero examples of this campaign to get him out that Ernie has claimed repeatedly? Thought not.

Some defensive posts to deflect away from what many of us were getting angry about and your post above falls into that bracket. Deflecting away criticism of the narrative that was formed. A new thread on 'next manager' is what if not a vehicle to bring about change? Not suggesting anyone truly wants us to lose, but deep down inside, many could have handled another couple of loses and an exit from the cup, if the net result was getting rid of Robson.

So please don't try and convince anyone, that in some sections, there's been a heartfelt desire to have Robson removed in favour of a 'more experienced manager'. My main issue ultimately came to the fore, when after the Hibs game, and the inevitable criticism, boos etc from the stands, it then escalated over the next few days on socials etc, and by the time the game at Tynecastle came around, many had a clear agenda of what they intended to do if it wasn't going well. Sure, I was disappointed with the performance as much as anyone, but the septic atmosphere at the game was a mirror image in many ways, of the criticism handed out on here.

My point in ALL of this - you never improve a difficult situation, never get yourself out of that hole, by chucking rocks at each other. By far, the harder road to travel is the one where you all try and stay as a collective unit. I'm utterly convinced this is what Robson has been doing - trying to deflect the noise coming from his own quarters and that of pundits like McCann. Yesterday on Sportscene was interesting - he gave no positive feedback on how we played the game, nor said something like, the last few games the side and the manager have sorted things out. Even Stewart came out with shite saying we need to also be a team who can go on the front foot and impose ourselves. Eh... did he not see last Saturday at home to Ross County?

I'm sorry if some of you didn't like what was being said last night, but reality is that in any walk of life, you poke the bear and it'll react at some point. Nowt to do with one-upmanship, a personal crusade to defend Robson - I want us all to try and remain patient when times get hard - like a bridge over troubled waters as those two epic American musicians once said.

Up e feckin Dons... stand free and heid first etc etc.

3 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Some defensive posts to deflect away from what many of us were getting angry about and your post above falls into that bracket. Deflecting away criticism of the narrative that was formed. A new thread on 'next manager' is what if not a vehicle to bring about change? Not suggesting anyone truly wants us to lose, but deep down inside, many could have handled another couple of loses and an exit from the cup, if the net result was getting rid of Robson.

So please don't try and convince anyone, that in some sections, there's been a heartfelt desire to have Robson removed in favour of a 'more experienced manager'. My main issue ultimately came to the fore, when after the Hibs game, and the inevitable criticism, boos etc from the stands, it then escalated over the next few days on socials etc, and by the time the game at Tynecastle came around, many had a clear agenda of what they intended to do if it wasn't going well. Sure, I was disappointed with the performance as much as anyone, but the septic atmosphere at the game was a mirror image in many ways, of the criticism handed out on here.

My point in ALL of this - you never improve a difficult situation, never get yourself out of that hole, by chucking rocks at each other. By far, the harder road to travel is the one where you all try and stay as a collective unit. I'm utterly convinced this is what Robson has been doing - trying to deflect the noise coming from his own quarters and that of pundits like McCann. Yesterday on Sportscene was interesting - he gave no positive feedback on how we played the game, nor said something like, the last few games the side and the manager have sorted things out. Even Stewart came out with shite saying we need to also be a team who can go on the front foot and impose ourselves. Eh... did he not see last Saturday at home to Ross County?

I'm sorry if some of you didn't like what was being said last night, but reality is that in any walk of life, you poke the bear and it'll react at some point. Nowt to do with one-upmanship, a personal crusade to defend Robson - I want us all to try and remain patient when times get hard - like a bridge over troubled waters as those two epic American musicians once said.

He'll be meaning consistently, something we've failed to do due to how we were setting up previously as we saw in the games against Hibs, Hearts, St Mirren and Livi, negative.

31 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

First of all, you proved yourself to be a clown with your post last night so your opinion means literally fuck all to me however there's a few misconceptions in your post that need addressed and nipped in the bud before they are passed off as 'fact' like Ernie's campaign pish.

If you think a forum thread on next manager is in some way a campaign to have him removed I'd question your grasp on reality. Some of the criticism has been warranted, some has been harsh but it's certainly not defensive to say that in no way has there been a concerted campaign to have him removed which was my point. I'd freely admit I'm wrong if you can provide some examples of this campaign obviously.

I never mentioned you specifically in terms of 'people accusing others of wanting the team to lose to somehow be proved right on a forum' but since you responded, yes you have, along with others, thrown that at people repeatedly in various threads. You're projecting what you think of posters and their opinions and then somehow coming to the conclusion that it's therefore a fact.

I've been to every game this season apart from Tynecastle and Frankfurt, the reception the team and Robson have had has been nothing close to toxic in any of those games. Social media is a completely different beast and means very little in the grand scheme of things. Far better that folk moan on there than at the game IMO

You then go on to state that you believe in a collective unit and the importance of sticking together yet last night you take the first opportunity to come on and ridicule and goad others instead of enjoying what was a fantastic result for the club. You're all over the place. 

• Upvote 1
18 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

First of all, you proved yourself to be a clown with your post last night so your opinion means literally fuck all to me however there's a few misconceptions in your post that need addressed and nipped in the bud before they are passed off as 'fact' like Ernie's campaign pish.

If you think a forum thread on next manager is in some way a campaign to have him removed I'd question your grasp on reality. Some of the criticism has been warranted, some has been harsh but it's certainly not defensive to say that in no way has there been a concerted campaign to have him removed which was my point. I'd freely admit I'm wrong if you can provide some examples of this campaign obviously.

I never mentioned you specifically in terms of 'people accusing others of wanting the team to lose to somehow be proved right on a forum' but since you responded, yes you have, along with others, thrown that at people repeatedly in various threads. You're projecting what you think of posters and their opinions and then somehow coming to the conclusion that it's therefore a fact.

I've been to every game this season apart from Tynecastle and Frankfurt, the reception the team and Robson have had has been nothing close to toxic in any of those games. Social media is a completely different beast and means very little in the grand scheme of things. Far better that folk moan on there than at the game IMO

You then go on to state that you believe in a collective unit and the importance of sticking together yet last night you take the first opportunity to come on and ridicule and goad others instead of enjoying what was a fantastic result for the club. You're all over the place. 

Gonna have to agree to disagree with you on pretty much every single point you made there. Opinions eh.... sheesh!

2 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Aye, this is definitely the best response when unable to back up your wild, unfounded claims of campaigns, fans wanting their team to lose and 'septic' atmospheres at the games

You're wasting your time, TWL claimed that some of the football during the 7 game run last season was the best he'd seen in years.

10 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Aye, this is definitely the best response when unable to back up your wild, unfounded claims of campaigns, fans wanting their team to lose and 'septic' atmospheres at the games

Nothing to do with not being able to back up my claims. I was at Tynecastle. Heaps walked out booing at 2-0. Other remained, were giving it the bigguns from the stand and some waited til final whistle to boo like fuck.

The rest, I'm not even interested in trawling through here to disprove you. Like I say, I diagree with your opinion. That's it really.

"Genuinely, sack him before more players get fed up of his shite."

One example. Read many more and not exclusive to this poster

Thread 'Sack or back' and context is we've just beaten the rangers at ibrox. Team fighting for each other. Tackles won. Snarls. We fuckin won. 

Ye telling me there's no spin? Or 'campaign' from this. Its an absolute example of creating a narrative to suit. Whatever word ye want. 

There's no evidence to suggest any of the players are fed up of his shite. Some might not be in the team,that brings its own brand of unhappiness. There's a ton of crap like this among these threads. 

• Upvote 1
10 minutes ago, minijc said:

You're wasting your time, TWL claimed that some of the football during the 7 game run last season was the best he'd seen in years.

You're still at it min - relentless. Change the tune. We're on an upward trajectory. The past is the past. Focus on what's in front of us.

3 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Thread 'Sack or back' and context is we've just beaten the rangers at ibrox. Team fighting for each other. Tackles won. Snarls. We fuckin won. 

Ye telling me there's no spin? Or 'campaign' from this. Its an absolute example of creating a narrative to suit. Whatever word ye want. 

There's no evidence to suggest any of the players are fed up of his shite. Some might not be in the team,that brings its own brand of unhappiness. There's a ton of crap like this among these threads. 

It's pointless and this is very much why I vented my fury at these folk last night. Blinkered with rage. They never wanted Robson - period. And such is that hatred of him, they can't even recall the very obvious tact many have taken from day one. This latest attempt by VinegarStrokes to somehow paint a pleasant picture of recent memory, is a point in case.

Totally done my head in but I'm fuckin chuffed as fuck for that week we just had and hope we can carry that into Thursday now.

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

It's pointless and this is very much why I vented my fury at these folk last night. Blinkered with rage. They never wanted Robson - period. And such is that hatred of him, they can't even recall the very obvious tact many have taken from day one. This latest attempt by VinegarStrokes to somehow paint a pleasant picture of recent memory, is a point in case.

Totally done my head in but I'm fuckin chuffed as fuck for that week we just had and hope we can carry that into Thursday now.

Yeah I hate they, them & it ‘peoples’ too

Fkn weirdos the lot of them

8 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Oh you're back, you couldn't be arsed until yer pal arrived.

A few people posting criticism and negative comments online isn't a campaign to have him removed from his job. A campaign is to work in an organised and active way to achieve a particular goal, you're as deluded as TWL if you think that critical posts on an online fans forum fits the bill. I'm arguing against there being a campaign, nothing else, stick to that point rather than trying to change the meaning of campaign to fit your own argument.

This site is a small part of the match going fanbase and is pretty inconsequential, that's why the notion of toxic atmospheres at the games is nonsense. There's no demonstrations outside the front door, attendances dropping through the floor or chants of Barry, Barry get to fuck at any games I've been at. Apparently according to TWL it was horrendous at Tynecastle though, convenient with it being the only domestic match I've not managed to get along to.

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

Another example of you drawing conclusions from something that doesn't exist. I'm not attempting to paint any pleasant picture, I'm definitively stating there was no campaign on here or at the games to have Robson removed from his job.

People have criticised performances, tactics and results as all fans tend to do for their own club all over the country. I don't know what you think a forum is for but if you think people won't question the manager when results/performances are not where we would want them to be then you're extremely naive.

11 minutes ago, minijc said:

Great stuff from the bloke who only ever went on about the 7 wins from last season, superb!.

To defend the negative tirade towards him, from you and others. If there hadn't been an agenda created, there would only ever have been forward looking strategy from me mate. I can guarantee you of that.

1 hour ago, VinegarStrokes said:

I’v pretty much stayed out of the whole manager debate and I do g know if it counts as actively wanting the manager sacked but there have been a few very vocal on here in the last month or so saying things like his record is rubbish, we are bottom of the league he has to go before the season is ruined, we could even get relegated 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

I’v pretty much stayed out of the whole manager debate and I do g know if it counts as actively wanting the manager sacked but there have been a few very vocal on here in the last month or so saying things like his record is rubbish, we are bottom of the league he has to go before the season is ruined, we could even get relegated 

Yep, 100%

I was one of them, apart from the relegation thing

He's changed the tactics, now we are winning and as a result,  I and I would guess everyone else is more behind him

So?

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, VinegarStrokes said:

Oh you're back, you couldn't be arsed until yer pal arrived.

A few people posting criticism and negative comments online isn't a campaign to have him removed from his job. A campaign is to work in an organised and active way to achieve a particular goal, you're as deluded as TWL if you think that critical posts on an online fans forum fits the bill. I'm arguing against there being a campaign, nothing else, stick to that point rather than trying to change the meaning of campaign to fit your own argument.

This site is a small part of the match going fanbase and is pretty inconsequential, that's why the notion of toxic atmospheres at the games is nonsense. There's no demonstrations outside the front door, attendances dropping through the floor or chants of Barry, Barry get to fuck at any games I've been at. Apparently according to TWL it was horrendous at Tynecastle though, convenient with it being the only domestic match I've not managed to get along to.

Honest to fuck. Ma pal. Right oh. Naw I stepped away from day and had a swatch. 

And i'm saying and have noo fir the last couple of posts there is a campaign to spin narrative and make things more shite than they are to get Robson the boot. It's been turgid,the fitba and results at times. That post being one example that ye want cited. Campaign on this an other threads aye. Not talking to match experiences. 

Being deluded am I? I've read plenty of it. So bait all ye want, I'm no moron and feel yer someone with reason at least. So let's respect that difference of perspective as ye placed or opinion.  But I've seen it and am not alone. And neither are those that see a group back Robson,like every manager,that can change but there's definitely been some unhappy we never got the star name they felt entitled to. And I ain't going round that argument again. We fucking won and that post sums up,for me,the narrative they want 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

Agree with that and I've stated above there have been plenty posts criticising him, ranging from the constructive to the batshit mental but that doesn't constitute a campaign to have him removed.

Have you seen any posts from anyone actively wanting their team to lose? As far as I can see it's yet another tired bollocks accusation being levelled by the same folk. The most critical of posters were all celebrating in the match thread congratulating Robson and the players.

3 minutes ago, thegodfuzzy said:

Honest to fuck. Ma pal. Right oh. Naw I stepped away from day and had a swatch. 

And i'm saying and have noo fir the last couple of posts there is a campaign to spin narrative and make things more shite than they are to get Robson the boot. It's been turgid,the fitba and results at times. That post being one example that ye want cited. Campaign on this an other threads aye. Not talking to match experiences. 

Being deluded am I? I've read plenty of it. So bait all ye want, I'm no moron and feel yer someone with reason at least. So let's respect that difference of perspective as ye placed or opinion.  But I've seen it and am not alone. And neither are those that see a group back Robson,like every manager,that can change but there's definitely been some unhappy we never got the star name they felt entitled to. And I ain't going round that argument again. We fucking won and that post sums up,for me,the narrative they want 

Ach fair enough min, I get your frustration and to a point I get it but I just think folk put too much stock in whats written on a fans forum to be honest.

There's certainly no campaign in my mind but yer right, going round in circles here and I've no interest in trying to change your mind. I just find it a bit hard to stomach folk apportioning opinions to others as fact. 

Can't wait for Thursday, hopefully the place is bouncing from the first minute 

11 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

To defend the negative tirade towards him, from you and others. If there hadn't been an agenda created, there would only ever have been forward looking strategy from me mate. I can guarantee you of that.

You have been mistaking people pointing out turgid football and bad results as an agenda, there isn't one.

• Upvote 3
1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

I can understand your impulse to throw yesterday's result back in a couple of faces,  particularly as the exact same was done to you after bad performance, being tagged in posts etc.

However I am interested in your stated aim to have a unified support. I'm quite sure all the lucky dandies in the stadium yesterday were 100% unified. Your response on here actually undermined unity that would naturally prevail on the back of such a great performance and result. 

🤔

• Upvote 2
58 minutes ago, eeps said:

I can understand your impulse to throw yesterday's result back in a couple of faces,  particularly as the exact same was done to you after bad performance, being tagged in posts etc.

However I am interested in your stated aim to have a unified support. I'm quite sure all the lucky dandies in the stadium yesterday were 100% unified. Your response on here actually undermined unity that would naturally prevail on the back of such a great performance and result. 

🤔

There had been no unity until we started winning. Then those who were adamant that Robson wasn't the man for the job, that the board had fucked up, suddenly started to run out of excuses. Hibs home and Hearts away had started to divide the support and I don't for a second try and correlate the reaction in the stands to what goes on in here. However, there  has always been a direct connection between unrest on digital platforms and that which transcends to the stands. It's the new age of pub chat isn't it.

To be honest, me coming on here and righting some wrongs (in my view) isn't gonna change folks minds who still don't think he's the man, is it? As James once said, born of frustration.

Anyway, keep calm and Barry on!!

9 hours ago, ERNIE said:

Maybe but some people on here have been campaigning for Robson to get sacked since he got the job.Hopefully they give it a rest now too.

Both sides are as bad as each other Ernie, Repeating the same shite daily to try and get one up. It's boring and tedious. Hopefully the last week or so means we've turned a corner and start to string more results together, Starting on Thursday!

• Upvote 2