Barry Robson

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just now, Donstar83 said:

Quote from last night 

"I finished 3rd in the league from a hopeless position, qualified for the group stages of Europe, competed in every game with 13/14 players and I still got sacked" 

Man's fucking delusional. 

He’s an absolute moron.

He’s talking about the tale end of the 22/23 season 

Has he forgotten the clusterfuck 23/24 has been?

The more he speaks the more thick he sounds. 

1 minute ago, Donstar83 said:

Quote from last night 

"I finished 3rd in the league from a hopeless position, qualified for the group stages of Europe, competed in every game with 13/14 players and I still got sacked" 

Ffs 😂

Completely delusional 

7 minutes ago, Donstar83 said:

Quote from last night 

Fantastic stuff, give him the job back and see if he can get us out of the hopeless position he got us into.

• Haha 7
14 minutes ago, Donstar83 said:

Quote from last night 

No way he said that. 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

He’s an absolute moron.

He’s talking about the tale end of the 22/23 season 

Has he forgotten the clusterfuck 23/24 has been?

The more he speaks the more thick he sounds. 

Ach we've all padded our CV to sound sexier than it is. 

Problem for Barry, though, is we can all go on the internets and see what kind of a manager he was. 

And it's not good viewing. 

10 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Ach we've all padded our CV to sound sexier than it is. 

Problem for Barry, though, is we can all go on the internets and see what kind of a manager he was. 

And it's not good viewing. 

His CV comprises of 8 games from February to April 2023 pretty much.

Yet, it was considered good enough to be manager of Aberdeen FC.

That’s not his fault to be fair.

That’s on the clowns who are fannying about appointing the latest patsy. 

TBF to Robson, he did turn us round from a pile of shite to finish 3rd. Yes Hearts imploded, but we still gathered a shitload of points to overtake them. 

Finishing 3rd did guarantee qualification for the group stages of Europa or Conference. It’s difficult to claim getting beat by a Swedish one man team as a success on your CV. 

Recruitment this summer was awful. Papa Guye, Or Dadia, was Morris this season or last?, AND not having the balls to let Ramadani go without a replacement. All fucking criminal. 

13/14 players - fuck me, you almost signed that amount. 

In spite of the above, I have nothing against Robson. Being massively over-promoted was not his fault. Who wouldn’t take your boss’s boss job at x times salary if offered. But if he really did say the above, it does sort of show him up for a simpleton to be placed alongside the likes of Martindale, Adams, Lennon in being lucky to make a shitload of cash out of football. 

• Confused 1

I think there was an interview earlier in the season where Clarkson said it was pretty much the players all pulling together after Goodwin got the boot that 'won' 3rd place. Hard to argue when obvious leaders like McCrorie, Pollock and Ramadani were lost and not replaced

5 minutes ago, Russell said:

I think there was an interview earlier in the season where Clarkson said it was pretty much the players all pulling together after Goodwin got the boot that 'won' 3rd place. Hard to argue when obvious leaders like McCrorie, Pollock and Ramadani were lost and not replaced

So they just couldn’t be arsed against darvel and we’ll have to hear about that result every year forever. They couldn’t be arsed against hearts / hibs so we just lost 11-0 on aggregate. 

Horrible group of players the last few years

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

So they just couldn’t be arsed against darvel and we’ll have to hear about that result every year forever. They couldn’t be arsed against hearts / hibs so we just lost 11-0 on aggregate. 

Horrible group of players the last few years

Hearts and Hibs scored from 11 out of 15 shots on target.

It'll never be remembered but Lewis put in 2 of the worst goalkeeping performances in the club's history that caused those scorelines to be so bad. 

1 hour ago, Donstar83 said:

Quote from last night 

The 13/14 players comment is interesting though. Suggests he had very little to do with summer recruitment and wasn’t happy with the players we brought in. Unless I’m reading too much into it. 

22 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

What’s the source for that quote? I can’t find it anywhere other than here. Doesn’t read like Barry Robson. The opening line alone is highly suspect, “I” rather than we finished third …

He was joking. Shay Logan quipped in with "We all know you should've been sacked two months earlier."

Honestly some posters are worse than the press for taking things out of context. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
26 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

What’s the source for that quote? I can’t find it anywhere other than here. Doesn’t read like Barry Robson. The opening line alone is highly suspect, “I” rather than we finished third …

And no mention of the sound of snotters being hauched up. Definitely suspicious.

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, sheepcrooky said:

TBF to Robson, he did turn us round from a pile of shite to finish 3rd. Yes Hearts imploded, but we still gathered a shitload of points to overtake them. 

Finishing 3rd did guarantee qualification for the group stages of Europa or Conference. It’s difficult to claim getting beat by a Swedish one man team as a success on your CV. 

Recruitment this summer was awful. Papa Guye, Or Dadia, was Morris this season or last?, AND not having the balls to let Ramadani go without a replacement. All fucking criminal. 

13/14 players - fuck me, you almost signed that amount. 

In spite of the above, I have nothing against Robson. Being massively over-promoted was not his fault. Who wouldn’t take your boss’s boss job at x times salary if offered. But if he really did say the above, it does sort of show him up for a simpleton to be placed alongside the likes of Martindale, Adams, Lennon in being lucky to make a shitload of cash out of football. 

Don't forget we imploded around about Christmas also. 

5 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

He was joking. Shay Logan quipped in with "We all know you should've been sacked two months earlier."

Honestly some posters are worse than the press for taking things out of context. 

Always liked Shay in fairness.

11 hours ago, Donstar83 said:

Quote from last night 

spacer.png