Barry Robson

6 hours ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Also been a Robson fan from day 1, and received a fair few dildos as I promoted his cause.

Funny how opinions have changed amongst the good folk on the Hat.

I also supported Robson from day one and got plenty of pelters from those who were Wilder fans and other names who they put forward who l had never heard of. Robson has made unbelievable improvements in all areas of the team. His post match interview yesterday was a breath of fresh air. Does not sit back and take what the SFA throw at us. With no game this weekend l think the club should announce ,just before the cup semi finals that Robson and his coaching staff have been appointed on three year contracts. Would also hope we can get at least MacDonald , Scales and hopefully Pollock in on permanent deals. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, REDRODDIE said:

Absolutely Love Robbo, was desperate for him to get the job FT from the moment Goodwin was binned. Never in my wildest dreams could i have predicted the transformation he’s done to us. Absolutely Superb run of results which is all that matters.delighted for the man and he doesn’t seem to be getting to carried away either.

Get him tied down Cormack and don’t fuck him about! 

Totally agree he deserves a long term deal. He has baled Cormack out of a potential disaster and he deserves more respect than to leave him as an interim manager.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, G man said:

I also supported Robson from day one and got plenty of pelters from those who were Wilder fans and other names who they put forward who l had never heard of. Robson has made unbelievable improvements in all areas of the team. His post match interview yesterday was a breath of fresh air. Does not sit back and take what the SFA throw at us. With no game this weekend l think the club should announce ,just before the cup semi finals that Robson and his coaching staff have been appointed on three year contracts. Would also hope we can get at least MacDonald , Scales and hopefully Pollock in on permanent deals. 

You wanting a chufty badge? 

• Haha 2
Just now, G man said:

Robson has done incredibly well and deserves the job, its pointless hanging about until the end of the season now... just give him and his team the jobs and let them build for next season.

Having said that i don't believe anyone would have actually been daft enough to fully back him for the permanent job the day he was appointed caretaker.

• Upvote 1
33 minutes ago, minijc said:

Why?  My gripe has never been with Robson, it's how the club got to that decision, it's turned out to be a good one so far but lets see where we are in a years time.

How did the club get to the decision then?

They put Robson in temporary charge while assessing other options - put feelers out for a few managers no doubt, looks like they seriously considered Wilder, took a bit of time, and he decided to go to Watford instead, in the meantime Robson has won almost every game and hardly conceded any goals so they've stuck with him.

Seems reasonable enough to me. If Wilder didn't really want to be here then stuff him. He wouldn't have done as well as Robson's done in the past 10 games anyway and he'd have cost us an absolute fortune.

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, RUL said:

This is a great run but it’s clear we will drop points soon. Every game the opposition have missed sitters. We can only enjoy it whilst it lasts. Think after glass/Goodwin we deserve it 

That many clean sheets isn’t just down to luck and the other team missing chances. For example Roos done great to make the saves he did yesterday. 

We also missed two good chances ourselves yesterday. 

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

That many clean sheets isn’t just down to luck and the other team missing chances. For example Roos done great to make the saves he did yesterday. 

Roos deserves a lot of praise for the current run we're on. I didn't expect him to get his place back this season once we signed Gorter but he's taken his chance and has pulled off a number of great saves over the past 4 or 5 games.

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Yep. Roos makes some good saves and the defence are committed to getting back and clearing their lines. Would Stewart have made that sliding block that Pollock made? Would Clarkson have got back on the line and made that clearance under Goodwin? 

If course we're going to lose games but it's far too simplistic just to put our run down to the opposition missing chances. The defence is better leading to the goalkeeper being more confident and the whole team is committed to defending as a unit and that's some of the major reasons we aren't conceding goals. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Careful with that, you'll upset the fuds.

lol

Come on mini. This is just attention seeking now at this point. 

Of course we're going to lose some games, this team is far from the finished article but the team and the support at Pittodrie are all pulling in the same direction now which hasn't been the case for a long time. 

That's a major turnaround. 

Anyone could say we're going to lose a game at some point. That's as sure as night following day. 

Surely 8 wins out of 10 and 7 wins in a row with 6 clean sheets is excellent work by any measurement. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Robson has done incredibly well and deserves the job, its pointless hanging about until the end of the season now... just give him and his team the jobs and let them build for next season.

Having said that i don't believe anyone would have actually been daft enough to fully back him for the permanent job the day he was appointed caretaker.

Nah, keep them on their toes until they secure 3rd. 

• Upvote 2
3 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Come on mini. This is just attention seeking now at this point. 

Of course we're going to lose some games, this team is far from the finished article but the team and the support at Pittodrie are all pulling in the same direction now which hasn't been the case for a long time. 

That's a major turnaround. 

Anyone could say we're going to lose a game at some point. That's as sure as night following day. 

Surely 8 wins out of 10 and 7 wins in a row with 6 clean sheets is excellent work by any measurement. 

It's a dig at the pricks who got bent out of shape at me pointing out a few things, of course we are going to lose games, we've been on a fantastic run, one that not one person on here seen coming.

1 hour ago, zeroisgod76 said:

Spot on Zero.

Would be sensible to announce over next couple of weeks whilst the SPL fanny about with the post split fixtures but suspect that they may keep any decision in-house until nearer the season's end, particularly to keep players on their toes.

Always hoped that Robson's desire to win, he had as a player, would manifest itself once he eventually became a manager.

He's lost 2 matches to date. Once when we were down to 10 early on v St Mirren and once away to Tims, who had won every game at home until last Saturday. 

So we haven't really seen how Robson would cope with other really tricky away assignments. 

We will see how Barry reacts to potential adversity when we are away at Tynecastle and Ibrox post split.

Hopefully the momentum of the last 10 games is maintained, 3rd place is easily earned and that the good feel factor at Pittodrie remains to the end of season and beyond. 

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, minijc said:

It's a dig at the pricks who got bent out of shape at me pointing out a few things, of course we are going to lose games, we've been on a fantastic run, one that not one person on here seen coming.

Yeah, nobody could have predicted such a turnaround so quickly. 

When he was appointed I would probably have taken any sort of euro qualification as a major success, even through the cup back door. 

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Why?  My gripe has never been with Robson, it's how the club got to that decision, it's turned out to be a good one so far but lets see where we are in a years time.

Hopefully doing well/having done well in Europe and at domestic level too as opposed to a meltdown on the Hat initiated by the "told you so brigade ".

For the first time in a few years there's hope but I suspect that you will agree that the summer transfer window will have to be really, really good for that hope to be maintained.

Hopefully yer ITK postings will be into overdrive once the window opens.

2 hours ago, RUL said:

This is a great run but it’s clear we will drop points soon. Every game the opposition have missed sitters. We can only enjoy it whilst it lasts. Think after glass/Goodwin we deserve it 

I think it's harsh to say it's sitters being missed. They miss the target, that's their problem. The keeper saves or we get a body in way, that's keepers and defenders doing their jobs.

We're far from the finished article, but have made great strides under Robson. So I'm swaying towards giving him the job, but just keen to find out how he deals with defeats against teams we should be beating etc. How is he at managing a large squad, keeping everyone happy? He seems to be a man who doesn't like to make subs for the sake of it and a lot of players regularly on the bench getting hardly any minutes. He obviously doesn't trust a lot of them, and that's fair enough, as I'm sure a lot of us in the fan base don't either.

Regardless, he'll be named manager in good time. It's a case of when, not if.

51 minutes ago, BaaBaaRedSheep said:

Spot on Zero.

Would be sensible to announce over next couple of weeks whilst the SPL fanny about with the post split fixtures but suspect that they may keep any decision in-house until nearer the season's end, particularly to keep players on their toes.

Always hoped that Robson's desire to win, he had as a player, would manifest itself once he eventually became a manager.

He's lost 2 matches to date. Once when we were down to 10 early on v St Mirren and once away to Tims, who had won every game at home until last Saturday. 

So we haven't really seen how Robson would cope with other really tricky away assignments. 

We will see how Barry reacts to potential adversity when we are away at Tynecastle and Ibrox post split.

Hopefully the momentum of the last 10 games is maintained, 3rd place is easily earned and that the good feel factor at Pittodrie remains to the end of season and beyond. 

I agree with most of this but isn’t it pretty epic that we’ve been saying Barry’s real test comes next week or next game now for quite sometime 😂.

1 hour ago, minijc said:

Not even you who prides yourself on seeing everything coming about 10 seconds before everyone else? I'm surprised you didn't announce it on here 2 minutes before the final whistle yesterday that we were going to win 2-0 as if it was some miraculous revelation.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Not even you who prides yourself on seeing everything coming about 10 seconds before everyone else? I'm surprised you didn't announce it on here 2 minutes before the final whistle yesterday that we were going to win 2-0 as if it was some miraculous revelation.

You're making a cunt of yourself by copying the patter of others on here who claim I know fuck all but also say I put things up 10 seconds BEFORE it's official.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1