Aberdeen 3 - 1 Hibernian

Good win. :checkit:

Two awful teams but Hibs were particularly poor.

Really impressed with Barron . Id like to see him and Mcgeough in there together.

Ramirez absolutely dog shit. Really need to be sourcing a couple of decent strikers this summer.

Hopefully the boost we need. Could be either Prague or Brora this summer.

On 3/19/2022 at 7:22 PM, WesthillWanderersFC said:

A player has to be seen to be going for the ball.

If the ref thinks he has, it’s a yellow only & you avoid the “double jeopardy”.

But the ref (rightly) saw that the big useless cunt made NO attempt to win the ball, just wiped out McCrorie.

Fuck Porteous. Hibs should be grateful, he’ll be out their team for two weeks 

I think he probably WAS trying to go for the ball. But the rule is that there has to be a chance of getting the ball, which there was zero chance of him getting anywhere near it. 

On 3/19/2022 at 4:44 PM, Kilgore Trout said:

Exactly 

if you scroll through some of the during match comments it was just fucking embarrassing. Kelt is the biggest offender for unnecessary negative pant pishing . The cunt thrives on it . I thought we played half decent and the signs look like Goodwin knows what he is doing.

It's okay to hate, but don't embarrass yourself by posting obviously false accusations, there's a duck. 

• Upvote 2
9 hours ago, RAZOR said:

Really impressed with Barron . Id like to see him and Mcgeough in there together.

Ramirez absolutely dog shit. Really need to be sourcing a couple of decent strikers this summer.

There's potential within the squad but think a new keeper is a priority. If we sell Ferguson it will allow us to address the many areas of our team that need sorting out. Recruitment will be critical. I think a left back would be good, a couple of new forwards.

11 hours ago, RAZOR said:

@Parklife

Anything to comment on with this post?

29 minutes ago, Parklife said:

If he thinks Ramirez is generally "absolutely dog shit" then that's a horrendous take. 

If he is referring solely to Saturday then I'd agree that he had a poor game. 

You say that last bit a lot though

How many single bad games does he need to have for you to change your entrenched opinion of him?

Ramirez is in a poor run of form, no doubt about it. But hes not dog shit. He's a player who was signed to play in a team in a certain way. That certain way didn't work and the previous manager tried something else and it ultimately cost him his job.

I think he might have had a good chance at scoring on Saturday had McLennan not nipped on and ruined that chance. A decent ball in from wide for a change. The service is slowly improving as Vinny settles in.

However we need an alternative to him, a blind man can see that. Or someone to play up and off him to get the best out of him.

• Upvote 3
8 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Ramirez is in a poor run of form, no doubt about it. But hes not dog shit. He's a player who was signed to play in a team in a certain way. That certain way didn't work and the previous manager tried something else and it ultimately cost him his job.

I think he might have had a good chance at scoring on Saturday had McLennan not nipped on and ruined that chance. A decent ball in from wide for a change. The service is slowly improving as Vinny settles in.

However we need an alternative to him, a blind man can see that. Or someone to play up and off him to get the best out of him.

What does that make our previous manager "if a blind man can see that". Glass and Cormack what a pair!!!

I'd happily see Ramirez leave, don't think he offers much at all. 

23 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

At least folk are acknowledging he’s been crap lately. Step in the right direction. 

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

He's a good finisher but he's not a good player and he even with that, his finishing has been particularly poor lately. You watch him when the balls come into the box and he's constantly running away from the ball added to the fact that he's slower than a week in jail. I find it strange that Barron and young Vinny with a combined height of 3ft 2 win more headers than him?

I'd argue poor recruitment ultimately cost Glass his job as opposed to tactics. 

24 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

He's a good finisher but he's not a good player and he even with that, his finishing has been particularly poor lately. You watch him when the balls come into the box and he's constantly running away from the ball added to the fact that he's slower than a week in jail. I find it strange that Barron and young Vinny with a combined height of 3ft 2 win more headers than him?

I think being a good finisher coupled with being a technically good player and Ramirez wouldn't be here. He'd be playing at a level above.

Personally I just think his confidence in his own game has gone and the managers are trying to play him through it as we have no other options up top.

With Glass it was both poor recruitment and tactically he lost it. Had no idea how to impose and effect a game.

Regardless, a new striker is a must in the summer to either complement, compete with or replace Ramirez. 

38 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Tends to happen with a lot of strikers when they are starved of decent service, they get desperate and snatch at any chance that does come their way.

I do find it funny that folk slate the runs he makes, his run helped give Besuijen time and space on saturday for his goal.  Also Barron and besuijen more often than not are not competing for headers with 6ft3+ central defenders that have made a career out of being very good in the air.

• Upvote 1
24 minutes ago, minijc said:

Tends to happen with a lot of strikers when they are starved of decent service, they get desperate and snatch at any chance that does come their way.

I do find it funny that folk slate the runs he makes, his run helped give Besuijen time and space on saturday for his goal.  Also Barron and besuijen more often than not are not competing for headers with 6ft3+ central defenders that have made a career out of being very good in the air.

Was listening to a podcast this morning where they discussed Harry Kane's goal levels being down this season. Reasoning being that the service to him isn't what it used to be and he's dropping deeper to get more involved and is setting up goals instead of scoring them. Difference being I suppose is Kane's hold up play is far superior to the likes of Ramirez and is the reason he's the quality player he is and Ramirez is well, Ramirez. 

18 hours ago, Ke1t said:

It's okay to hate, but don't embarrass yourself by posting obviously false accusations, there's a duck. 

Not hate merely an observation my fine feathered friend. Granted I can be accused of clutching at straws with a good measure of hyperbole thrown in . I hope that Saturday is the corner turner rather than an up followed by a succession of downs

I am hopefull that Watkins will be able to make some kind of contribution before his inevitable next injury but by Christ Cormack has left us seriously short in the striking department. 

31 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Was listening to a podcast this morning where they discussed Harry Kane's goal levels being down this season. Reasoning being that the service to him isn't what it used to be and he's dropping deeper to get more involved and is setting up goals instead of scoring them. Difference being I suppose is Kane's hold up play is far superior to the likes of Ramirez and is the reason he's the quality player he is and Ramirez is well, Ramirez. 

Yeah and what helps Kane is that he has 2 or 3 players that run beyond him where as Ramirez at times has had the ball with his back to the goal and no one is near him looking for it.  He's been isolated and starved of service whilst trying to play in a way that isn't his game, there's no denying that he's been on a poor run but he's had next to no help.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

I think being a good finisher coupled with being a technically good player and Ramirez wouldn't be here. He'd be playing at a level above.

Personally I just think his confidence in his own game has gone and the managers are trying to play him through it as we have no other options up top.

With Glass it was both poor recruitment and tactically he lost it. Had no idea how to impose and effect a game.

Regardless, a new striker is a must in the summer to either complement, compete with or replace Ramirez. 

Don't disagree with any of that.

35 minutes ago, minijc said:

Yeah and what helps Kane is that he has 2 or 3 players that run beyond him where as Ramirez at times has had the ball with his back to the goal and no one is near him looking for it.  He's been isolated and starved of service whilst trying to play in a way that isn't his game, there's no denying that he's been on a poor run but he's had next to no help.

He had plenty service on Saturday and was absolutely fucking hopeless. Just call it how it is instead of bending over backwards to defend a performance that was pish.

Ive held my hands up when he’s had good games. Your inability to do it when he plays crap makes your whole argument dogshit.

• Haha 1
12 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

He had plenty service on Saturday and was absolutely fucking hopeless. Just call it how it is instead of bending over backwards to defend a performance that was pish.

Ive held my hands up when he’s had good games. Your inability to do it when he plays crap makes your whole argument dogshit.

I've just said he was on a poor run, you're claiming he had plenty of service which is a lie, there were two occasions where the ball came to him in the box, one where he was fouled and it should have been a pen the other was a poor touch that's it.

24 minutes ago, minijc said:

I've just said he was on a poor run, you're claiming he had plenty of service which is a lie, there were two occasions where the ball came to him in the box, one where he was fouled and it should have been a pen the other was a poor touch that's it.

So he needs the ball handed on a plate then? I am on about service in general. He was given a perfectly good pass right into his feet which he let run by him because he was shit scared of getting clattered. His general play was shocking at the weekend. Our worst player on the day. 

3 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

So he needs the ball handed on a plate then? I am on about service in general. He was given a perfectly good pass right into his feet which he let run by him because he was shit scared of getting clattered. His general play was shocking at the weekend. Our worst player on the day. 

Now I know you're at it, McLennan was way more of an issue than Ramirez and the upside with Ramirez is we know what he can do when he gets decent service and isn't isolated.

22 minutes ago, minijc said:

Now I know you're at it, McLennan was way more of an issue than Ramirez and the upside with Ramirez is we know what he can do when he gets decent service and isn't isolated.

Ramirez was our worst player and it wasn’t even close. Shows how strong your bias is. 

2 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Ramirez was our worst player and it wasn’t even close. Shows how strong your bias is. 

It's not a bias, I take many things in to consideration and McLennan was way worse.  Also it's laughable that you talk of bias because you only ever rip in to him, even when you were giving him some credit you still called him shit a few posts later.  Anyway this is pointless, he's on a poor run but he also needs support and service, hopefully the great man will get the move he deserves to a bigger and better club where his beautiful smile will shine again.