Aberdeen 3 - 1 Hibernian

3 hours ago, slippers said:

Ramsay gets a really hard time on here if he’s not at it. Absolute shocker for own goal but he hardly had a “stinker” as you call it. The biggest thing that’s pissed me off about him since he came back from injury is his reluctance to get forward. I don’t know if that’s due to confidence or if he’s actually told that we can’t have both you and Vicente forward so reign it in. Hardly every overlaps now. Start of season when at best he was constantly overlapping. 

I’d say it’s more he’s been told not to go forward as much as Goodwin is more of a defensive minded manager. 
I’d say he’s a more attacking minded full back so will take a bit of getting used to with the new tactics. Also a bit unlucky with the own goal but should of done better with it 

9 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Absolutely blinkered. So he wasn't in the group of lads that stole it? If he didn't personally do it himself? And weird that the police have charged him about the glass incident. 

Hibs class.

He's not even close to being in the Hibs ned class of Riordan, O'Connor and Griffiths.

Hibs were pish.

We gifted them an own goal, and Bates let them in on goal a couple times and we still cruised the game.

Maloney just looks like Glass MKII. Hopefully they take longer to bin him that we did.

Porteous must have something wrong in the head. He comes across as a complete lunatic/idiot. Typical of those who come through Hibs youth system. He’s not even that good a defender either. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What's the deal with Ojo?  Injured or on the naughty step with Jet? 

Was great to see a team without Ojo yesterday 

Hopefully Goodwin has realised he's utter pish, didn't take him long with JET.

Thankfull Ojo contract up in the summer, going to hope we aren't thinking of renewing it

2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

Hibs were pish.

We gifted them an own goal, and Bates let them in on goal a couple times and we still cruised the game.

Maloney just looks like Glass MKII. Hopefully they take longer to bin him that we did.

Porteous must have something wrong in the head. He comes across as a complete lunatic/idiot. Typical of those who come through Hibs youth system. He’s not even that good a defender either. 

I actually think he is a good defender, just a liability sadly. 

3 hours ago, Broken_Glass said:

I actually think he is a good defender, just a liability sadly. 

Generally a 'good defender' is not one that is constantly forced into throwing himself into the kind of flying, lunging tackles that define Porteous's time at Hibs. 

Porteous obviously has the athletic ability, but he is absolutely 100% thick as shit and seems completely incapable of developing the footballing intelligence that a 'good defender' needs. 

He'll never, ever play at a higher level than Hibs, and in case anyone has forgotten, they're absolute dogshite. 

4 minutes ago, Schapenneuker said:

Generally a 'good defender' is not one that is constantly forced into throwing himself into the kind of flying, lunging tackles that define Porteous's time at Hibs. 

Porteous obviously has the athletic ability, but he is absolutely 100% thick as shit and seems completely incapable of developing the footballing intelligence that a 'good defender' needs. 

He'll never, ever play at a higher level than Hibs, and in case anyone has forgotten, they're absolute dogshite. 

The comparisons between Porteous and Diamond seem fair to me.  Both had attributes to become top defenders eg committed, reasonable pace, self-belief.   

But as well as both being big galoots , neither of them cut out the rash challenges that made them more a liability , than a benefit, for their own team. 

1 minute ago, Just Dandy said:

What is it about Ryans?

Porteous.  Jack.  Kent.

Is there something in the name that appeals to parents fated to pass on the Wanker Gene?

Or does the mere curse of the name cause children to go bad in their formative years?

I'm not a sociologist, but the evidence is compelling. ?

Hedges, Fraser

8 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

What's the deal with Ojo?  Injured or on the naughty step with Jet? 

Was great to see a team without Ojo yesterday 

It was brilliant to see an AFC side without him yesterday. Slows down every attack with his lack of pace and general defensive thinking process. 
Might make a decent right back and does try hard, but I for one will be glad when he fucks off. 

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Cannot believe the audacity of Maloney if he appeals the Porteous red. This BS about going for the ball ? the ball was clearly an afterthought. He was fully after the player & was also from behind.

Really hope they tac on an extra game in his suspension for their BS appeal 

It'll be the most ridiculous appeal ever. 

Regardless of it being a penalty, Porteous's flying, thigh high, directly from behind lunge on McCrorie would have been a red card wherever it happened on the park. 

Hibs seem to be basing their appeal of some kind of nutcase ' he made a genuine attempt to play the ball' excuse. 

Lol. 

1 hour ago, sheepcrooky said:

It was brilliant to see an AFC side without him yesterday. Slows down every attack with his lack of pace and general defensive thinking process. 
Might make a decent right back and does try hard, but I for one will be glad when he fucks off. 

I’d rather see him in the starting eleven than McLennan 

Both are absolute shite and should be dropped off in Ukraine ASAP