The Goodwin effect!

2 hours ago, Harry's Double Shuffle said:

I've been threatening it for ages, without actually doing the deed. If we sign 10 new players (unlikely surely, although good argument we actually need more) then the 2 mentioned surely wont still be here. Utterly sick of this "team". And yes, club too. Tinpot doesn't even begin to describe us. 

Im sure they will survive Henny Penny 

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

McInnes is gone. 

MOVE ON. 

I have moved on. Just find it very surprising that our aims are pretty much what we had for 8 years.

Cormack is meant to be ambitious. So surely when he got rid of McInnes it was with the aim of doing more?

The only thing that's changed is that's our aspiration whereas before it was the minimum expectation

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I have moved on. Just find it very surprising that our aims are pretty much what we had for 8 years.

Cormack is meant to be ambitious. So surely when he got rid of McInnes it was with the aim of doing more?

The only thing that's changed is that's our aspiration whereas before it was the minimum expectation

You can't realistically jump from 10th and early cup exits overnight to winning trophies with a full squad rebuild on your hands. 

We've gone way further backwards in the last 12 months and will take some time to rebuild.  Sooner we stop denying it the quicker we can get in with the job of putting it right. 

5 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

When McInnes left we should have been looking for someone to take us to the next level, instead we got Glass who sent us so far back that the next level from him would be just getting into the top 6.

2 hours ago, Torry Tosser said:

To add to that,apparently nothing to do with money,the player Goodwin wanted to bring in was given a big No by Cormack,didnt want him near the club....

Wonder Who.

I heard this a couple of weeks ago. It was Lafferty. Goodwin knew there'd be a reaction but hoping Cormack would give the same support he gave to signing Brown and hoping for a similar reaction from the fans once they see a guy who gives 100% and convinced he would score for us

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You can't realistically jump from 10th and early cup exits overnight to winning trophies with a full squad rebuild on your hands. 

We've gone way further backwards in the last 12 months and will take some time to rebuild.  Sooner we stop denying it the quicker we can get in with the job of putting it right. 

Exactly.  If we get top 6 comfortably and are still challenging for a European spot through our league position and aren’t humiliated in the cups , that’d be sufficient progress and improvement , in my view.

50 minutes ago, Daisy1903 said:

I heard this a couple of weeks ago. It was Lafferty. Goodwin knew there'd be a reaction but hoping Cormack would give the same support he gave to signing Brown and hoping for a similar reaction from the fans once they see a guy who gives 100% and convinced he would score for us

Surely Goodwin wouldn't have entertained that Hun.

1 hour ago, Daisy1903 said:

An expectation mcinnes was getting further from achieving every year since 2018

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Daisy1903 said:

Goodwin should have been sacked for even suggesting we sign that rancid hun prick 

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

we managed it in 2013/14

If he netted 20 in a season and banged in the winning goal for Aberdeen in a cup final and lifted his shirt to reveal a Hun shirt kissed the badge and played an invisible flute I couldn't give a fuck... As to whether he's the right type of c*nt we need, my opinion on that is I very much doubt it. I would prefer we were being linked with non Scottish players so as at least to make it appear that we are scouting elsewhere because that's going to be the danger is that you sign someone who's always wanted to play for one of them...

2 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Pretty sure mcinnes said in his open goal that neither us or the player would entertain the move because of the history. Just sounds like more made up shite.

9 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

?‍♂️ There's absolutely nothing wrong with using "came to that conclusion" in the context.  

p.s. You should be capitalising the E in English, if you're going to slate someone's "english". 

I see you missed my sarcasm.

Anyway, it's ' How the fuck have you come to that conclusion?' Not came.

Came is past tense.

He is asking a question in the present, but using a verb in the past tense.

Hope that clears it up for you.

5 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Surely never. If this is true we're in even bigger trouble than I thought. And Goodwin is too. I honestly think he's dead man walking already. 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

McInnes was left a far better squad than this lot. This is a much bigger rebuild. 

Not really, he just made the players play to their potential. He inherited a bottom 6 team just like Goodwin. Can Goodwin make them look better and we’ll be talking about the good team he inherited in a few years… doubtful 

10 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

Pretty sure mcinnes said in his open goal that neither us or the player would entertain the move because of the history. Just sounds like more made up shite.

Mcinnes didn't mention whether lafferty would or wouldn't, he said that he himself knew he couldn't bring him in

14 hours ago, Daisy1903 said:

Well we've failed to do this "minimum" of 3rd and into cup finals for quite a number of seasons now, so the aspiration is to get back to that level and compete in cups and for Europe. 

If you seriously think we're going to compete with Rangers and Celtic, especially next season, then you're going to be in for a shock. Aberdeen had the best chance of doing that when the Huns died and it was just Celtic to compete with, but now that both sides are earnings 10s of millions through Europe again and pulling away further financially, we've very little chance.

• Like 1