The Goodwin effect!

8 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I'd pay lip service to the mongs within our support and pretend we are trying to sign Scales but have absolutely no intention of doing it (and just accept he doesnt play against Celtic).

Sign one centre back in January that is hopefully better than all of Stewart, Scales, McCrorie and Milne, and then another in the summer when we know Scales will move on and we can figure out what to do about Stewart during pre season.

Full backs. Just sign one on loan in January and look for a Bosman for a pre-contract. 

Remember folk used to say  'the decline continues '.  It's continuing.

• Upvote 2
On 11/9/2022 at 12:28 PM, sooth_stander said:

Would you pay the reputed £500K fee for Scales in January? That's assuming Celtic are prepared to let him go and that the fee hasn't increased.

On top of that, still need another central defender and a right back. Pay another fee for one, and a loan for the other?

23 conceded in 14 games 😷

not sure I’d be spending money keeping him here. Would rather spend it paying off Richardson and Stewart 

23 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

23 conceded in 14 games 😷

not sure I’d be spending money keeping him here. Would rather spend it paying off Richardson and Stewart 

Celtic have signed or about to sign another left sided defender from Japan. Would be shocked if thwt didn't open the door for us to get Scales. I actually like Scales and think he's a good defender. Just don't think Stewart compliments him. With a better defender beside him i think he'd do very well for us. 

1 hour ago, AyrshireSheep said:

Celtic have signed or about to sign another left sided defender from Japan. Would be shocked if thwt didn't open the door for us to get Scales. I actually like Scales and think he's a good defender. Just don't think Stewart compliments him. With a better defender beside him i think he'd do very well for us. 

I think Celtic might sell him in the summer but they’d rather keep him on loan this season so he can’t play against them for the rest of the season. 

No laughing at the back, but that might include a cup final. 

• Haha 1

Goodwin is not in an enviable sitution at this time, having created a defence which is even worse than the one he demolished. The only plus this this season is we have the capability if we score first to score again and secure a win. I have my doubts if he has the nous to build a defence considering his peformance so far with a blank canvas. Never mind the waste of decent money on Morris and Roberts.       Without a competant stucture at the back, this season could be The Duk Show and nothing much else.      If it's the same yo yo results by January Cormack should spin the wheel.

PS Goodwin should do more listening and less talking.

• Upvote 2
7 minutes ago, winchester83 said:

Goodwin is not in an enviable sitution at this time, having created a defence which is even worse than the one he demolished. The only plus this this season is we have the capability if we score first to score again and secure a win. I have my doubts if he has the nous to build a defence considering his peformance so far with a blank canvas. Never mind the waste of decent money on Morris and Roberts.       Without a competant stucture at the back, this season could be The Duk Show and nothing much else.      If it's the same yo yo results by January Cormack should spin the wheel.

PS Goodwin should do more listening and less talking.

The last paragraph, spot on. Even his recent uttering of 3rd place being between us and the Edinburgh 2 will have raised the hackles at Livvie, and damn near every other team outside probably Kilmarnock. Just keep it buttoned but maybe it’s in his nature to speak the hind legs off a donkey.

It’s worrying that even the Dundee Utd manager seems to have worked out how to organise a defence, something our manager is incapable of.

14 minutes ago, slippers said:

Think all things considered a very solid 7 out of 10 so far this season. Said id judge him once we got to break for World Cup. Few questionable results and performances but we are third which was the aim. Whats everyone else's thoughts? 

Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.

Only had one window and got us sitting 3rd. Winning games without Hayes is overlooked too. 

9 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Sometimes maybe good, sometimes maybe shit.

Only had one window and got us sitting 3rd. Winning games without Hayes is overlooked too. 

Tactically we are still a worry but can’t complain with third. Think the new team tag is gone now. Need to see a bit more consistency especially away from home. If we can improve away from we will comfortably finish third. 

45 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Good few other sides have been dreadful away from home too but how do the league tables stack up for all with home & away results? 

We must be at least 3rd still (possibly 2nd) on home form as only dropped 3 points but must well down table on away form 

3rd best at home (but scored same amount of goals as both of the Glasgow filth). 8th in away form.

1 hour ago, slippers said:

Think all things considered a very solid 7 out of 10 so far this season. Said id judge him once we got to break for World Cup. Few questionable results and performances but we are third which was the aim. Whats everyone else's thoughts? 

We’re winning the fucking lot!

”JIM GOODWINS BARMY ARMY”

3 hours ago, slippers said:

Frustrating that it's taken until the last game before the World Cup to actually get the team to defend as a team.

About time we shitfested a 1-0 win.

3rd very much there for the taking if we can add 1 or 2 in January to strengthen the starting XI.

• Site Sponsor
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

I was thinking about this

Yes it's been a while since we shitfested a 1 nil

But they are not enjoyable 

Correct.

Id also prefer that we had the shitfested 1 Nil result against either Sevco or the Minkers rather than the likes of the Jutes who we should be putting to the sword at Pittodrie.

I’ll take the three points nonetheless 👍

• Upvote 1