The Goodwin effect!

4 hours ago, zeroisgod76 said:

6 out of 10 so far for Jim this season.

Positives

Home form has been excellent, scoring goals, 3rd in the league and in the league cup semi. Couple of very good signings.

Negatives

Away from Pittodrie our form is abysmal, defence is awful, a lot of sub par signings.

Sort the negatives after the world cup and in the January window and he and we could have a very good season.

Just my opinion but I think you're being a little harsh on your assessment of the signings.

I'd have 4 as very good - Duk, Miovski, Ramadani and Coulson

I'd probably put these 5 somehwere in the middle - Roos, Stewart, Scales, Clarkson and Roberts

I'd have 2 sub par - Richardson and Morris

Personal opinion on that one though

1 minute ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

Just my opinion but I think you're being a little harsh on your assessment of the signings.

I'd probably put these 5 somehwere in the middle - Roos, Stewart, Scales, Clarkson and Roberts

What are you basing your assessment of Roberts on?

2 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I'd have 5 groups

Very Good.........   Duk, Miovski

Good............. Ramadani, Roos, Scales, Clarkson, Coulson (would be very good but for his difficulty in staying fit for any length of time)

Average...... Stewart 

Poor..........Morris, Richardson

Uncategorised.... Roberts (too little evidence to make a judgement on).

So Xmas bonus payments to our Eastern European and Iberian scouts. And a Xmas boot up the arse to our East Midlands scout

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd have 5 groups

Good............. Ramadani, Roos, Scales, Clarkson, Coulson (would be very good but for his difficulty in staying fit for any length of time)

Average...... Stewart 

So Xmas bonus payments to our Eastern European and Iberian scouts. And a Xmas boot up the arse to our East Midlands scout

I think that's fair and highlights the same 3 individuals I was a little on the fence about myself in Ramadani, Coulson and Stewart.

22 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd have 5 groups

Average...... Stewart 

Aye, I think that's a fair summary 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd have 5 groups

Average...... Stewart 

Great assessment of where we are

5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd have 5 groups

Average...... Stewart 

World Class - Duk

Very Good.........   Miovski

Average...... Stewart 

@Zeus

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd have 5 groups

Average...... Stewart 

I'd put Duk above Miovski, as when the team plays poorly Miovski allows his performance to be dragged down with them, Duk doesn't. 

7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd have 5 groups

Average...... Stewart 

Ramadani and Roos can be pretty average to. A few goals we’ve conceded Roos should of kept out 

On 11/13/2022 at 7:00 PM, TheRedPrawcess said:

McInnes would set up too early in the second half to see out a 1-0 win and was often criticised for that more than anything. Particularly in matches where we were comfortable at the time.

Last night though, as the game went on it became clear to anyone with eyes that we should have changed tactics to more effectively see out the 1-0 win but we didn't change anything until quite late on. First sub was 78 minutes. Worked out in the end but really rode our luck.

One extreme to the next.

I think the squad is quite light at the moment, especially if we're looking to shore things up.

Attacking wise you've got Ramirez and Vinny that could come on and do something. Duncan has looked decent but seems quite far down the pecking order. Kennedy and Watkins have been getting the minutes lately but haven't done much. Will be interesting to see how Hayes fits into a 3-5-2 and I guess you could add Roberts to that who's a bit of an unknown quantity.

Defensively, it's only really Mackenzie that could help shore things up. Milne hasn't played, no other right back and no  other defensive minded centre mid (I'm not counting Polvara cause he's no even a footballer).

Would like to see us move on Ramirez, Polvara, Kennedy and Watkins and use those significant wages to bring in some better options. Ideally would like to get Morris and Richardson to fuck as well but it's not going to happen.

• Dildo 1
8 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

I don’t think a Goodwin signing but I’m downgrading Vinny to poor despite plenty game time to prove to me otherwise.

I don’t think he’ll want to hang around too long anyway if he’s not getting a game. 
Could be wrong, but he doesn’t strike me as the type that’ll try & battle for a starting position. 

I don’t see a place for him if we stick with a 3-1-4-2 & if we carry on with Ramadani, Clarkson & Barron as a central midfield 3. 

15 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t think he’ll want to hang around too long anyway if he’s not getting a game. 
Could be wrong, but he doesn’t strike me as the type that’ll try & battle for a starting position. 

I don’t see a place for him if we stick with a 3-1-4-2 & if we carry on with Ramadani, Clarkson & Barron as a central midfield 3. 

Maybe he’ll have an extended stay in Atlanta after this week? Some more creative accountancy spin will detail the alleged £500k fee paid.

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's almost as if they understand that a goalie isn't always responsible for a team losing a goal 

We have the 5th worst defensive record in the league, only the bottom 3 and Hearts have worse. Sorry but none of our defensive players / goalkeeper should be in the team of the year so far. Its maybe not all his responsibility, and at times he's looked decent. But he's not been the best goalkeeper in the league by any stretch of the imagination.

Joe Lewis was slaughtered last season as not being good enough but conceded 35 goals in 34 league games with a shit defence in front of him. Roos has played 19 games less than this so far and is only 12 goals away from matching that total.

19 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

I'd have 5 groups

Average...... Stewart 

I'd have 6 groups

Fucking awesome.......... Duk

Everything else as you said.

6 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

To be fair he has been responsible for quite a few, or could’ve at least done better with a few.

Yeah for all the good saves he makes it’s completely undone by Hyde mistakes he makes and not coming off his line. I’d still like Lewis to be chucked in for the odd cup game see how he handles it.

28 minutes ago, zeroisgod76 said:

We have the 5th worst defensive record in the league, only the bottom 3 and Hearts have worse. Sorry but none of our defensive players / goalkeeper should be in the team of the year so far. Its maybe not all his responsibility, and at times he's looked decent. But he's not been the best goalkeeper in the league by any stretch of the imagination.

Joe Lewis was slaughtered last season as not being good enough but conceded 35 goals in 34 league games with a shit defence in front of him. Roos has played 19 games less than this so far and is only 12 goals away from matching that total.

That can't be right.  Hearts have 2 world class left backs, the Scottish Beckenbaur at sweeper and the best up and coming centre half in Europe.  Isn't that right @Wester Hailes Skins

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, NEM said:

That can't be right.  Hearts have 2 world class left backs, the Scottish Beckenbaur at sweeper and the best up and coming centre half in Europe.  Isn't that right @Wester Hailes Skins

Don't forget about the Scottish Kevin De Bruyne in Barry McKay. Got to feel sorry for the thousands upon thousands of poor Hearts fans locked out of Tynecastle every week denied the opportunity to watch assets worth tens of millions because their stadium is bursting at the seams and can't accommodate them. Just a shame they were all on an extended holiday for a few months at the same time their team was playing at Murrayfield only a few years ago 😁

• Haha 1