ABZ Football Podcast

17 hours ago, RUL said:

It’s weird how they always go on about Greg Wylde? Not even on my radar of shite to play for us.

Aye, their dream is coming home in the League Cup Group stages.

Should try and get him on the show along with Jack Gurr's Dad and have an on air scrap.

My problem with the AFC Podcasts, I seem to have a lot of problems with people and things today, is that they all speak in that slightly affected posh Aberdeen accent that I've always fucking hated.  Like the content, but want to pour boiling water on the hosts... purely as a corrective measure with no malicious intent. 

It's aimed at Aberdonians, just speak Doric. 

17 hours ago, Ke1t said:

My problem with the AFC Podcasts, I seem to have a lot of problems with people and things today, is that they all speak in that slightly affected posh Aberdeen accent that I've always fucking hated.  Like the content, but want to pour boiling water on the hosts... purely as a corrective measure with no malicious intent. 

Hiv ye heard the Aberdeen Abroad ene? One of you yank cunts diz at ene. 

Its fuckin shite!

Yanks dinna get fitba. 

20 hours ago, Ke1t said:

Why I stopped listening. They all sound like uni wankers. 

I'll start one for you, Ke1t. Spik pure Doric a' ih wai' thru

58 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Why I stopped listening. They all sound like uni wankers. 

I'll start one for you, Ke1t. Spik pure Doric a' ih wai' thru

Would be fine... it takes me about 15 minutes to get up to speed in Doric these days, either speaking or listening, but once I'm off, boy howdy, I'm spikkin it like a native, you betcha. 

I use this lad as a refresher whenever I'm going to be in a situation involving the Dorics... 

9 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

Would be fine... it takes me about 15 minutes to get up to speed in Doric these days, either speaking or listening, but once I'm off, boy howdy, I'm spikkin it like a native, you betcha. 

I use this lad as a refresher whenever I'm going to be in a situation involving the Dorics... 

He's missed out "min." 

Probs cause he can't explain its purpose. 

Punctuation, of course. 

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

He's missed out "min." 

Probs cause he can't explain its purpose. 

Punctuation, of course. 

He also thinks Rowies are called Butteries, the fucking fool. 

Still, the guy's clearly a local, so who better to learn doric from. 

• 1 month later...

That podcast had an interview with Stewart McKimmie and interestingly he revealed that Alex Ferguson stopped him from appearing for Scotland before he did 

Also that Spurs and Notts Forest wanted him in the early 90s, but neither club would pay more than 750,000  and the club wanted £1 million McKimmie would have been open to a move but felt the club stopped it 

Also that Dundee utd wanted him in the mid 90s a 600,000 bid was tabled and accepted but McKimmie refused to go  on that occasion.

1 hour ago, Roberto said:

Always remember McKimmie turning up with his loon to our coaching...

His loon wearing a Laudrup 11 Rangers top...

McKimmie is a failure of a man. I have a massively dislike for him. Don't even know where it comes from but he's a cunt.

Nah? Surely not

Good player in his day, he thought so too. 

Cant believe his son would be born and bred in abz, ex dons player dad, and be a hun. This cant be true

Unless Mckimmie Snr is another abz hun, that would explain it

1. ABZFP - One sounds like he spends most of his weekends in the central belt, one sounds like a craft beer gimp and one sounds like a normal bloke. Easily the best produced of the lot and is presented confidently at least, seem to be well connected and get some decent guests. I actually enjoy the podcast length because I do some long drives. They're also obviously genuine fans because some of the call backs to squads of 15-20 years ago are about as niche as it gets.

2. Red Tinted Glasses - Both sound like they're lacking a bit of confidence when it comes to presenting and is significantly more casual, but still worth a listen.

3. Here We Go! - Can't listen to it because the lispy dweeb that hosts it is always deepthroating his microphone and scoffing at anything even remotely positive about AFC, convinced he's a closet hun.

• Upvote 1
39 minutes ago, 20two20 said:

1. ABZFP - One sounds like he spends most of his weekends in the central belt, one sounds like a craft beer gimp and one sounds like a normal bloke. Easily the best produced of the lot and is presented confidently at least, seem to be well connected and get some decent guests. I actually enjoy the podcast length because I do some long drives. They're also obviously genuine fans because some of the call backs to squads of 15-20 years ago are about as niche as it gets.

2. Red Tinted Glasses - Both sound like they're lacking a bit of confidence when it comes to presenting and is significantly more casual, but still worth a listen.

3. Here We Go! - Can't listen to it because the lispy dweeb that hosts it is always deepthroating his microphone and scoffing at anything even remotely positive about AFC, convinced he's a closet hun.

1. Is the best imo although mostly too long (3hrs? wise up) and the boy says "all that good stuff" too often and the other boy sounds like a geek. 7/10.

2. One is into Love Island, the other is an excitable child. 5/10.

3. Not put out a podcast for ages but the lispy boy is into wrestling although the other boy seems fine. 6/10.

• Like 1