ABZ Football Podcast

• 3 months later...
54 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

Not listneted to it yet, any good tidbits of info? 

They thought the had the Norwegian striker signed before him or the agent fucked about so then went back in for miovski. He put forward Elliot watt for signing but was told he wasn’t fit enough. 

A bit of bumming up of players we signed and they use data a lot when looking at players 

11 minutes ago, thurso said:

They thought the had the Norwegian striker signed before him or the agent fucked about so then went back in for miovski. He put forward Elliot watt for signing but was told he wasn’t fit enough. 

A bit of bumming up of players we signed and they use data a lot when looking at players 

Aye, Elliot Watt was put forward before Ramadani

The way the lad spoke, Cal Roberts is the Geordie Messi, so much to look forward to there.

18 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye, Elliot Watt was put forward before Ramadani

The way the lad spoke, Cal Roberts is the Geordie Messi, so much to look forward to there.

Ye not sure how roberts would get in the team now tho as he doesn’t seem to like tracking back much 

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

How do you know?  He only played about 90 seconds before getting injured. 

I meant Lee Scott said he wasn’t sure how he would get in the team now we are playing 352. Said Roberts could maybe play as one of the 3 centre mids but not sure he would be played there as he doesn’t like tracking back. 

1 minute ago, thurso said:

I meant Lee Scott said he wasn’t sure how he would get in the team now we are playing 352. Said Roberts could maybe play as one of the 3 centre mids but not sure he would be played there as he doesn’t like tracking back. 

Goodwin seems to think he can play as an attacking midfielder so he might get in the mix there 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nae really as we have Ramadani sitting and the other two ahead of him.  

Anyway, no need to be wedded to 352 forever. There's a transfer window in a few weeks 

I was only posting what the boy said but yes ramadani is sitting with two ahead of him but both those two go up and down the pitch, getting forward and tracking back, so to put roberts as one of the two in front of ramadani he would either have to change his style of play and track back which he seemingly doesn’t like to do or the team changes tactics to get him into the team so he doesn’t have to track back. 

4 minutes ago, thurso said:

I was only posting what the boy said but yes ramadani is sitting with two ahead of him but both those two go up and down the pitch, getting forward and tracking back, so to put roberts as one of the two in front of ramadani he would either have to change his style of play and track back which he seemingly doesn’t like to do or the team changes tactics to get him into the team so he doesn’t have to track back. 

If true you have to wonder why we've signed another wide midfield player who doesn't want to track back. 

He played in front of Richardson last season so you'd have thought he'd have had to cover for him plenty of times. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

If true you have to wonder why we've signed another wide midfield player who doesn't want to track back. 

He played in front of Richardson last season so you'd have thought he'd have had to cover for him plenty of times. 

You have to wonder why we signed so many wide midfielders in general but he also said that’s what Goodwin wanted. 

Probably because he didn’t track back Richardson used his attributes of being fit and fast to get up and down the line 

5 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

The lazy cunt needs a kick up the arse then.

Yep 

17 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Enjoyable podcast and nice with a different angle although I wouldn't say there was anything groundbreaking mentioned.

Still well worth a listen and I thought it was interesting he was adamant that Richardson will good

Going by what he said Richardson was brought in for his speed and the club knew they would have to try and educate him on how to defend and also his final ball.

Which begs the question why on earth was only one RB taken in when they knew that RB isn’t great at the two most important parts of his game.